KITT Attack mode in Season 2

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DLAspider
Rookie

KITT Attack mode in Season 2

Post by DLAspider » Wed May 13, 2009 5:31 pm

If we get a second season I'd love to see more of the capabilities of the attack mode. So far it has been used to attain higher speeds, turbo boosts, and weaponry, but just looking at it (its on my desktop wallpaper) it just screams agressiveness and brute force. I'd like to see it act more like the batmobile on Batman Begins and TDK - breaking through barriers and walls, forcing larger vehicles off the road, maybe even enhancing the height and distance of turbo boosts by launching off of a ramp. Anyone agree/disagree?

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Re: KITT Attack mode in Season 2

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed May 13, 2009 5:55 pm

If we will get a season 2, I hope there will be no attack mode at all.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed May 13, 2009 5:57 pm

i didnt like the attack mode the 1st time i saw it in the series, but it grew on me, the only thing it just needs matching sizes wheels, kinda like the movie attack mode wheels.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

blowersho
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by blowersho » Wed May 13, 2009 9:33 pm

If there is somehow a season 2 please ditch Attack mode and GST, both are useless.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Wed May 13, 2009 9:52 pm

Attack Mode so far has done little to prove to me that it's a necessary function for Mike to use. KITT still soars at high speeds (Knight Of The Hunter), and the turbo boosts appear to be more steller.

But, I would like to see it used still. If the shows producers could actually do something that could sell us on KITT's blinding speeds, I'd totally love it. The movie, nor the series has done anything to really win me over with the mode, but the car looks mean.

RenanrRinaldi
Recruit

Post by RenanrRinaldi » Wed May 13, 2009 10:50 pm

KnightINSTINCT wrote:Attack Mode so far has done little to prove to me that it's a necessary function for Mike to use. KITT still soars at high speeds (Knight Of The Hunter), and the turbo boosts appear to be more steller.

But, I would like to see it used still. If the shows producers could actually do something that could sell us on KITT's blinding speeds, I'd totally love it. The movie, nor the series has done anything to really win me over with the mode, but the car looks mean.
In the pilot movie KITT ran 600 miles until Las Vegas in 3h17min using what appears to be some kind of Attack Mode. If that was the case, the function was necessary.
Mike: Next time, calculate faster.
KITT: Were you injured?
Mike: No
KITT: Then my calculations were fast enough.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Wed May 13, 2009 11:17 pm

....But it didn't look impressive on camera..

There was only one scene that "wowed" me on that one

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Wed May 13, 2009 11:43 pm

RenanrRinaldi wrote:
In the pilot movie KITT ran 600 miles until Las Vegas in 3h17min using what appears to be some kind of Attack Mode.
It's like the movie attack mode was subtly different yet purely functional, with air intakes(?) on the sides and a double spoiler, but the series attack mode is made to look agressive, and certain scenes seem to hint that some of its capabilities can be used in normal mode.
Dare I say, the maker of the pilot movie (is his name Andron?) wanted to make KITT impressive in actions while GST wanted to make it agressive in looks.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Always found the attack mode from the pilot more KITT like. in TOS we didnt have fat big tyres or high and large spoiler, we just got some "additions" to the original design and thats it, pretty much the same we had in the pilot of 08.
It should inhance KITT's effectivenes without chaning its look that much. Image :kitt:

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Thu May 14, 2009 5:12 pm

I always like the attack mode from the pilot way more :good: .I heard a lot people saying the new attack mode is a fast and furious reject.

Then theres the Attack mode that Taoworm is building for his KI3T replica which is suppose to be what there going for originally but didnt,I thought that look awesome,cant wait to see what Taos going for :D
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri May 15, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks Slade! :wink:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sat May 16, 2009 10:24 am

I don't know...The pilot's attack mode was just a tad lame in my eyes. At a quick glance, the only thing apparently changed is the spoiler, but then we notice that the rims are also dark...then we notice the grill is armored...Oh, look..air intakes on the side....You'd have to look closely to see they also shaved off the door handles.

So my take is this: why even have Attack Mode if there are subtle changes to the frame? Air intake is important for high octane speeds and (pilot's) KITT barely had none when "bulking" up. [forget TOS here, let's just debate what we have with KI3T, okay?] Don't get me wrong, I thought the pilot Attack was nice looking...kinda nice looking. Actually, when I first seen it, I didn't care for it at all. I was really hoping then for something a little more dramatic.

Now with the series Attack, we got something that looks like it could tear your clothes off just by the wind vacuum it would create if you stood by the road. I'll admit again, I wasn't pleased when first seeing the design. And, I'm currently not pleased with how they have filmed Attack KI3t's sequences on the show. It's just lame lame lame! We have seen better footage of the hero car racing down the streets (in the series) than the big bulky road monster. If you ask me, I'd say it's time the producers watch some movies with incredible race scenes (ex. Death Race, Wanted) to figure something out to spice up KITT's unnecessary feature, or they will find their audience groaning every time KITT hulk's out....or should I say blimp out?

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sun May 17, 2009 11:26 pm

Here's my major belief if this function.

KI3T, like his predecessor, should not have offensive deadly weapons. His primary function is the preservation of human life. To install weapons defeats this purpose. You can say that KI3T can control his targeting so precisely that he should never kill anyone, but we've seen his missiles kill while KI3T was in control, a malfunction that should have never happened.

And the name of the mode is completely wrong. What is KI3T attacking? Pursuit mode makes more sense, it always has.

Maybe 2nd season does away with Attack mode...if they need to make the car faster, then make the changes that make sense...smooth out the rough edges, make the car more aerodynamic instead of chunky, and have afterburners appear in the rear of the car to propel it. This mode needs to make itself different than the regular cruise mode.

K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Mon May 18, 2009 12:27 pm

turbo boost is the mode that has the wrong name, it should be called jump mode, all hes doing is jumping over stuff. Turbo implies speed, his sudden speed in attack mode should be called turbo boost.