Ratings for "The Chopping Block" - KR's replacement

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

CrimsonK9
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Ratings for "The Chopping Block" - KR's replacement

Post by CrimsonK9 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:56 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:I remember when Marco Pierre White was featured on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations London episode. Sucks that his show didn't do that well.
Sucks?!!? You fail.

-
I'm pretty sure they used to - you know - make waffles!
Ooo, Dr.G., pass the syrup!

I speak nine languages AND I have a card that gets me discounts at participating Red Lobster restaurants!

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:06 pm

CrimsonK9 wrote:
Mr.Marcus wrote:I remember when Marco Pierre White was featured on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations London episode. Sucks that his show didn't do that well.
Sucks?!!? You fail.

Yeah it sucks. Its juvenile to attack a show just b/c its featured on Wed at 8 on NBC. Besides being incredibly lame, "Oh KR might get canceled so every show NBC puts on Wed at 8 now is Ewww Gross!!" It also misses the point that Chopping Block is not a permanent replacement for KR. Its one of a number of shows that networks try out to see if there's interest. Even if it was a hit its highly unlikely that it will occupy a permanent slot on Wed @ 8. So its superfluous to attack it.

CrimsonK9
Recruit

Post by CrimsonK9 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:47 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:
CrimsonK9 wrote:
Sucks?!!? You fail.

Yeah it sucks. Its juvenile to attack a show just b/c its featured on Wed at 8 on NBC. Besides being incredibly lame, "Oh KR might get canceled so every show NBC puts on Wed at 8 now is Ewww Gross!!" It also misses the point that Chopping Block is not a permanent replacement for KR. Its one of a number of shows that networks try out to see if there's interest. Even if it was a hit its highly unlikely that it will occupy a permanent slot on Wed @ 8. So its superfluous to attack it.

Juvenile? Definitely. Superfluous? Undoubtedly. Satisfying? Extremely.
-

I speak nine languages AND I have a card that gets me discounts at participating Red Lobster restaurants!

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:05 pm

neps wrote:Thought ya'll would appreciate this:

from pifeedback.com
In series-premiere news, NBC reality/competition The Chopping Block was DOA with a mere (and fourth-place) 2.8/ 5 in the overnights from 8-9 p.m. One week earlier, Knight Rider concluded with a 3.3/ 5 in the time period. And one year earlier was Deal or No Deal at a 6.9/11. All I can say is…ouch! Leading out of The Chopping Block was sophomore drama Life (#3t: 3.1/ 5 at 9 p.m.), which is likely to be facing the chopping block, followed by granddaddy Law & Order at a second-place 5.4/ 9 at 10 p.m. While Law & Order deserves accolades for building by 74 percent out of the second half of lead-in Life, let’s be honest: this show is certainly not what is used to be.

/snicker..../snort...../giggle........LMAO!!!!!!

Thank-you Neps. I was wondering how it did last night.

I had a very nice day for the first time in awhile, and this made it even better. :D

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:09 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:
CrimsonK9 wrote:
Sucks?!!? You fail.

Me personally, I'm not laughing because it's in KR08's time slot. I'm laughing because from the previews I saw I thought it really did suck.

larmindy
Volunteer

Post by larmindy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:
CrimsonK9 wrote:
Sucks?!!? You fail.

Your right attacking for the sake of attacking is juvenile to attack a show simply because it pulls the 8pm time slot on Wed for NBC....But in the case of Chopping Block it really was bad, I watched it trust me. So that makes it attachble, KITT Attack Mode! LOL

Again, to be clear, the drop in rating shows /proves that NBC was better off with KR. It doesn't matter if the show is not a replacement for KR or not KR did better.

Spidey323
Recruit

Post by Spidey323 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:11 pm

I was wondering how Chopping Block was going to do, and I have to agree with most on here that it does bring a smile to my face to see that it tanked...I've hated reality shows for a long time! I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that these days I like tv shows that provide an escape from reality, and escaping into the world of the Knight Rider has always been one of my favourite pastimes. Hopefully this will help give NBC's head a shake so they can come to their senses and sign Knight Rider for another season!
"With great power comes great responsibility - we all have the power to choose, and the choices we make define who we are, and who we will become."

LisaRosa
Recruit

Post by LisaRosa » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:13 pm

neps wrote:Thought ya'll would appreciate this:

from pifeedback.com
In series-premiere news, NBC reality/competition The Chopping Block was DOA with a mere (and fourth-place) 2.8/ 5 in the overnights from 8-9 p.m. One week earlier, Knight Rider concluded with a 3.3/ 5 in the time period. And one year earlier was Deal or No Deal at a 6.9/11. All I can say is…ouch! Leading out of The Chopping Block was sophomore drama Life (#3t: 3.1/ 5 at 9 p.m.), which is likely to be facing the chopping block, followed by granddaddy Law & Order at a second-place 5.4/ 9 at 10 p.m. While Law & Order deserves accolades for building by 74 percent out of the second half of lead-in Life, let’s be honest: this show is certainly not what is used to be.
Thanks, Neps! :mrgreen:

The first thing I thought about when getting on the computer tonight was how chopping block did compared to KR08. It really made my day to see that KR did much better. After seeing the previews for CB, I couldn't help but roll my eyes :roll: and think "OMG, I really really hate reality shows." I never saw the value in them when they started nearly 10 years ago with Survivor on CBS and I still don't see the value. I'm still crossing my fingers for a 2nd season of KR08. Everytime I sign on to KRO, I carefully scroll down the news section to see if there's any news on KR's fate.
Lisa :kittside:

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:38 am

lets not forget that reality shows are cheaper to produce compared to what it would cost to produce a scripted series like knight rider, so a reality show with 5 million people could actually make money for nbc.
in glen larson we trust.

Sty Knight
Recruit

Post by Sty Knight » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:51 am

knightprobe89 wrote:lets not forget that reality shows are cheaper to produce compared to what it would cost to produce a scripted series like knight rider, so a reality show with 5 million people could actually make money for nbc.
This may be partially true, but in the end this is exactly why NBC sucks. They don't give shows chances to blossom. Not to mention, not only do 90% of their regular scripted shows suck the big one, their reality TV is even worse which is a sad sad reality for NBC brass.
Save Knight Rider Petition Signed #5610

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:01 pm

knightprobe89 wrote:lets not forget that reality shows are cheaper to produce compared to what it would cost to produce a scripted series like knight rider, so a reality show with 5 million people could actually make money for nbc.
When it comes to reality TV they are so cheap they do not even care about the ratings. The program could suck monkey balls and will still make it simply because is cheaper than to produce anything scripted. At the end NBC will lose just about all viewership and disappear ad will most networks and then only insipid reality shows on whatever is left of television will be around and people will have to find entertainment elsewhere. Believe it or not some people arwe actuallly making scripted shows on the internet called webisodes and that the rate TV is going people will probably end up watching webisodes for actual entertaintment and leave TV only for their insipid so called reality TV shows behind and watch them only for sporting events and the news if at all as they are channels dedicated to news 24/7 now. The future of TV will be as exciting as watching grass grow!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:42 pm

Very true and I'm sure NBC still made money and will with this show, but on the other end, it does nothing to win over advertisers so if the ratings get even worse for this show NBC might still be worse off because advertisers are going to be even less interested in buying time during a show that's a total dud. As much as I said about KR's 18-49 numbers not being all that good and how only getting the male demo doesn't mean much with the ratings they're getting, at least it was winning a demographic or two that could be sold to advertisers. This I'd imagine did even worse if they were broken down.

Also shows like this (especially ones with a low number of viewers) don't really have much in the way of potential revenue generation when it comes to merchandise, selling DVD/BD season sets or syndication either in the US or world wide. With as much as NBC advertised it I'm sure they're sorely disappointed in how poorly it did and it didn't even have the AI monster to deal with to steal viewers. Just imagine what the ratings and viewer numbers would have been if it had.

It doesn't mean much but like Rosie's train wreck failing and one who does want the new KR to get a second season, it's still feels good.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:12 pm

I guess KR08 is here to stay... for now. I guess the tanking of The Chopping Block could be a bonus for us. I'm tired of reality TV anyways...
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

epc1122
Rookie

Post by epc1122 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:

Yeah it sucks. Its juvenile to attack a show just b/c its featured on Wed at 8 on NBC. Besides being incredibly lame, "Oh KR might get canceled so every show NBC puts on Wed at 8 now is Ewww Gross!!" It also misses the point that Chopping Block is not a permanent replacement for KR. Its one of a number of shows that networks try out to see if there's interest. Even if it was a hit its highly unlikely that it will occupy a permanent slot on Wed @ 8. So its superfluous to attack it.[/quote]

it really doesnt matter if its a temporary show to fill the time slot. the point is that knight riders season was cut short for a show that under performed for nbc. there was already interest in knight rider. while it wasnt as much as other shows, there was interest. if they promoted knight rider they may have had better ratings than what it actually did. but the fact that chopping block is temporary, i think is irrelevant. we missed out on what, four extra episodes of knight rider for chopping block? i think thats why some knight rider fans are making fun of it. personally, i didnt see it, but i think it would say something for the knight rider ratings that they were pulling in, if the shows that are currently occupying the time slot are in fact lower.

Sty Knight
Recruit

Post by Sty Knight » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:54 pm

Just as a bump, these numbers are horrid for last night...

8:00 FOX Lie To Me 10.03 3.1/10 2.5/8
CBS New Adventures of Old Christine 7.37 2.1/7 1.2/4
ABC Scrubs 5.80 2.2/7 2.1/8
CW America’s Next Top Model 3.60 1.6/5 1.9/6
NBC The Chopping Block 3.46 1.3/4 1.0/3

Those numbers are worse than KR ever did and it was still not up against Idol. ANTM did better ratings. If NBC doesn't wake up from the nightmare they are experiencing and admit KR needs to be on the air, I don't think they ever will and are beyond doomed.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/03/19/we ... more-14872
Save Knight Rider Petition Signed #5610

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Good, very good. Some sort of sanity at last - People don't tune in, in masses, for any piece of garbage around.

CrimsonK9
Recruit

Post by CrimsonK9 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:20 pm

At the risk of being "juvenile" and "superfluous", any time a new show fails at NBC, that is that much less competition KR has in trying to make the cut for the reduced prime time slots for the fall. So I for one revel in the failures of 'Chopping Block","Kings", and all the other sub-KR quality offerings NBC vomits up this year.
-

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:34 am

wow, those ratings are extremely low, only a little over 3 million viewers!
in glen larson we trust.

calhoun24
Recruit

Post by calhoun24 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:23 am

Well, I guess "The Chopping Block" doesn't have, how shall I say it, the chops to draw an audience. :D

That's all I'm saying...

humbucker98107
Stranger

Post by humbucker98107 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:30 pm

That's all we need is another pompous grease ball of a chef taking the prime time KR spot. If NBC is going to put such a stupid "reality" show on American Television, they should at lease buy American when hiring the chef and air it on a weekend. I'm glad to hear CB is tanking on the ratings. The sooner we'll get back out new and highly improved (Compared to the original) KR. That is unless NBC decides to try out a Back Shaving competition reality show in its place first.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:37 pm

What sucks though is that the entire season of the Chopping Block probably costs less or as much to produce than a single episode of Knight Rider. =\
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:05 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:What sucks though is that the entire season of the Chopping Block probably costs less or as much to produce than a single episode of Knight Rider. =\
How much does it cost NBC to produce a single episode of Knight Rider anyways?
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:12 pm

Around 4 million. Is was on the expensive side.

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:16 pm

I now dont get it .Chopping block + KR = WHAT?

WHAT ?
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:03 pm

i saw a bit of the show while i was eating dinner in the newsroom..
it was confusing as hell. that's all i gotta say about that.

i was thinking of top chef, and in that show they also have the restaurant battles. they could wipe the floor with these people.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;