KI3T is now a reality!!!!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

KI3T is now a reality!!!!

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:34 pm

My name is not Charles Graiman but I have created KI3T in real life. His AI is functional in every way.
Check it out...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znCMoynvM9U&fmt=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is just the beginning guys...

And a big thank you to Sue for dragging me off of youtube and pointing me in KRO's direction. :D
A big ups to Neil because he runs the best damn KR site in history.
And last but not least, I would not have been able to finish his A.I. without the help of my R2 unit. (Seriously...)
R2 helped bring me tools for KI3T when I was working on him. (Long story I will make a video about that later.
On a side note all that bullcrap that our teachers told us in the 80's about "Whatever you dream you can achieve" turned out to be true.
Who would of guessed it! :lol:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KI3T is now a reality!!!!

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:10 pm

Now that is damn cool. Awesome job! It's cool to see that the orb can actually be built with the modulator graphic as I always thought it was only capable of being C.G.I. Is that a small screen behind the orb?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 pm

Hey, that's pretty cool. You did a great job.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:10 am

wow that is really awesome, :good: will you be installing it in your mustang soon? i cant wait to see your knight 3000 mustang completed!
in glen larson we trust.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:26 am

knightprobe89 wrote:wow that is really awesome, :good: will you be installing it in your mustang soon? i cant wait to see your knight 3000 mustang completed!
Thanks Knightprobe!
I am SO damn excited right now man. Everything is coming together so well it's surreal. :shock:
Yeah I am going to be putting him in the Mustang in a couple of weeks (maybe sooner), just depends.
Also check out my solution to the interactive HUD display.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3BrxkK08LQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:39 am

Perfect. this is truly inspiring man. way to go Image :kitt:

triran
Rookie

Post by triran » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:47 am

Very impressive mate!

gromia77
Rookie

Post by gromia77 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:23 am

Wow, that's awesome! :good:

I watched it at least three times :lol:
Zoe: Burn rubber Kitt!
Kitt: Burning rubber.

J_Spaced
Recruit

Post by J_Spaced » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:39 am

Very nice toy. I really like the KITT voice box orb display you've made and would love it as an iTunes or media player visualisation.

Good work.

J

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:52 am

Thats cool bro! 8)

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:39 am

taoworm2323 wrote:
knightprobe89 wrote:wow that is really awesome, :good: will you be installing it in your mustang soon? i cant wait to see your knight 3000 mustang completed!
Thanks Knightprobe!
I am SO damn excited right now man. Everything is coming together so well it's surreal. :shock:
Yeah I am going to be putting him in the Mustang in a couple of weeks (maybe sooner), just depends.
Also check out my solution to the interactive HUD display.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3BrxkK08LQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That is pretty cool! I wish I had that kind of time on my hands. :) How long did it take you to get that all built and set up?
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Dee_Jay77
Recruit

Post by Dee_Jay77 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:58 am

Wow that is awesome I want one for my car :D :good: :good: :good:

mikey
Volunteer

Post by mikey » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:04 pm

The HUD, will it be more than just a "video" playing out? Or will it be able to interact with the car's systems?

Pretty awesome what you have so far, but I think you're getting to the point where building a "replica" is going to handcuff you. Preprogrammed responses seem far inferior to dynamically generated data.

I think if you build an actual system (That doesn't necessarily think for itself, but interacts with GPS, Music, and car readouts), and have the ability to throw a little graphical design at it as well... you could be looking at a small mint of cash (if you're looking for incentive) :biggrin:

Following this project with great interest!

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:53 pm

Thanks everyone for all of the kind words! It's means allot! :D
mikey wrote:The HUD, will it be more than just a "video" playing out? Or will it be able to interact with the car's systems?

Pretty awesome what you have so far, but I think you're getting to the point where building a "replica" is going to handcuff you. Preprogrammed responses seem far inferior to dynamically generated data.

I think if you build an actual system (That doesn't necessarily think for itself, but interacts with GPS, Music, and car readouts), and have the ability to throw a little graphical design at it as well... you could be looking at a small mint of cash (if you're looking for incentive) :biggrin:

Following this project with great interest!
The HUD for right now will be just a video on the windshield. The HUD is the first laser projector and never needs to focused like a normal projector. So it can be at a very near distance to the windshield and even on curved surfaces. Since the windshield is clear common sense would dictate that the image would just go through the windshield and you would not see it. So to get around this I am using a special laminate I obtained from 3M that utilizes microbead technology providing a bright, sharp picture at all angles of the windshield while still remaining clear and 'see through'.
The cars AI will be able to interact with all of the cars systems. 3 more voice recognition programs are being built in as modules, with the main program you see here running everything.
Later this week I will be installing KI3T's A.I. in the most unlikely of places before putting him in the Mustang.
(Hint KI3T will be 'alive' and be able to 'feel'.) Literally.
In fact I might do that today....come here Pleo©.:)

mikey
Volunteer

Post by mikey » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:29 pm

Since the windshield is clear common sense would dictate that the image would just go through the windshield and you would not see it.
Surprisingly enough, that's not what happens. While the light certainly passes through, it also bounces back so you can see it without any need of assistance.

What you will have a problem with is getting a ghost/double image effect. The light passing through and bouncing off of both "layers" of windshield causes this. To combat that, you need to put up a "polarized film". I don't know what your "special laminate" is, but if it's polarized, you're golden. otherwise you'll probably have the same problem, or worse... you'll get a tri-image effect.

It's too bad the HUD won't interact with the rest of the system. Having it display realtime GPS data, or even being able to see what song is playing on your stereo would be killer.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:44 pm

mikey wrote:
It's too bad the HUD won't interact with the rest of the system. Having it display realtime GPS data, or even being able to see what song is playing on your stereo would be killer.
Mikey it will do that. The display are hooked up via VGA to the car pc. So yeah any real time gauges readouts and GPS data that you would have on a pc will be displayed real time on the windshield. (I have a friend who is making the speedometer and such as we speak)
I thought you were asking if like you could move the animations around the screen with your finger or something. (Which it can't do. yet) :lol:
Yeah I know about the laminate. 3m makes a special laminate that goes through the two sandwiched pieces of glass. But this is used more for reflection from and lcd type projector. This new laser projector will 98% go 'through' the windshield. (Which has no reflective properties to bounce the image colors back from.) So this microbead stuff is polarized.

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Nice work, good luck with the rest. Keep us posted on the progress :good:

mikey
Volunteer

Post by mikey » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:07 pm

Ah then I misunderstood what you meant too. I thought you meant it would just run the animation and only the animation.

Yeah the "touch controls" are going to be far more of a pain that what they are worth at this stage in the game. (IR diodes, cameras, programming, all a pain) Really, short of a "completist" need, I don't see it's worth. Even in the "real" KITT, why can't Mike just tell him what screen to enlarge and/or bring to front?

So, wait, are you getting a new windshield for this or just putting the laminate on the windshield? And if it is just applying to the windshield, where does one obtain this laminate (and what is the official name)? I wanted a HUD in my car for a while, but I could never find the right film that was big enough (you can find these stupid tinted 4"x8" squares, but nothing "windshiel size").

Is it installed yet?

How about now? :mrgreen:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:17 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:On a side note all that bullcrap that our teachers told us in the 80's about "Whatever you dream you can achieve" turned out to be true.
Who would of guessed it! :lol:
Is not bullcrap they simply failed to tell you it requires grueling work and effort to achieve.

EDIT: The concept is really sound and using the Dragon Speech recognition program was a stroke of genius for sure. I had not even heard of that program until you mentioned it back at YT and quite an impressive piece of software it is. It really puts all other speech recognition software to shame by Light years. In fact it does what the Graphical User Interface (that first Steve Jobs stole from Xerox and then Bill Gates stole from under his nose) did to standard Disk operating systems at that time.

I'm looking forward to see how this project turns out. You add GPS, speech recognition and sensors for the car to find it's way around and you have at the very least the very first true KITT type car ever made. The AI will probably won't be in par to it's screen counterpart but is a huge start. :good: :mrgreen: :good:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:33 pm

Very impressive man. I'll definatly be in the market towards the end of the summer for my KI3T replica. I've already ordered my scanner and am working on the exterior first. Do you have a zip file or something with all of the soundbytes you've used of Val Kilmer?
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:48 pm

Harry Singh Jr. wrote:Nice work, good luck with the rest. Keep us posted on the progress :good:
Thanks! I will! :good:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:59 pm

Just you wait, he'll have a 3D object generator in it next :wink: :D

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:03 pm

weeezl wrote:Just you wait, he'll have a 3D object generator in it next :wink: :D
Shhhh, don't ruin the surprise weeezl :wink:
j/k :D

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:06 pm

The video audio isn't great, so I can't really make out what your "KI3T" is saying, but is it actually recognising what you're saying and forming sentences? If so, its a very good first step towards the "real thing"(of course the "real thing" isn't real...) Also, for information about laser projectors, go to http://www.microvision.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. They have a pre-production projector and sections on laser HUDs in developement.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:20 pm

Yeah, I am using the microvisions show wx to do the HUD.
I am getting a preproduction model in April.