ws6air replica updates

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ws6air
Operative

ws6air replica updates

Post by ws6air » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:00 pm

Hello fellow Knight Rider fans
I just wanted to say Hey and that I'm new to this board . I've been building a KITT for about 3 years... Still going.. I think 2009 is going to be the year of the outside of mine to be completed. I'm already on several web boards and I love everything Knight Rider. I just wanted to say hey and to the people on here that already know me....HEY! WHAT'S UP.... I see alot of familar names on here and alot that are not . Here's a couple of pics of what I've done so far for my replica....and like always...Thanks

WS6AIR

Thanks for lookin and cool site...
Marc
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: I'm new here so HEY!

Post by weeezl » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:42 pm

Hey! welcome to the board!

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:33 pm

welcome aboard.
in glen larson we trust.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:54 am

Cool stuff! :good: And welcome to KRO! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:51 am

Hi and welcome to KRO - the place to be if you wish to discuss Knight Rider.

AWESOME work on that nose right there. The scanner is also fantastic!

Where did you buy that nose by the way?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:05 pm

Thanks you guys... glad to be on board... about the bumper..That bumper is mine that I've been working on for about a year.. It's since went to get molded . I had to get it molded, That's why when you look at the pics, I had a jack underneath it to hold it up. It weighed over 100lbs... a little heavy.Not practical for everyday driving. Thanks again and I look forward to looking around on the site. You all have a bunch to offer the KR community. thanks again

ws6air :kitt:

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:00 pm

Welcome! Wanna smooth out my bay on my Camaro? :lol:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:01 pm

If I had time... but this project is taking all of my personal and fun time... I started the part with the wipers ....here's a pic of what I've been doing... I welded the seams and holes that are not going to be in use and then put the ole bondo on... I usually show after primer... but , this area has been a pain in the ........So has the firewall.... It also is very hard to get to and has plenty of holes... I'm going carb, so not too many wires are going to be shown ,nor as many holes needed, trying to go for slick....

Glad to be a part of the site .
ws6air

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:41 am

Welcome aboard KRO. You find alot if nice and cool people here.
:mrgreen:
:kitt: :kittside: :kitt2:
:dash4:

:karr: :dash:
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

transam82
Rookie

Post by transam82 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:58 pm

Welcome and Keep up the good work, My KITT is also "In Progress", hopefully 2009 will be the year.

Matt H.

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:27 pm

I agree...me too!! hopefully this year is the year... let's keep our fingers crossed....

ws6air

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Just thought I'd show you all what I've done so far on the firewall .... speaking of, what a freakin b!%@h....... Anyway...after a couple of hours just slappin bondo on here and there, I managed to get it... here is just a few pics of what I did to smooth it out..... Thanks for lookin... and again..sorry for so many pics... thanks

Sanding of firewall

Welding of holes and the big seam that goes all the way across ...

This is how I bondo... I just fill the whole thing up , then just sand it...different strokes for different folks.... but here it is AAAAAaaaaahhhhhh

I'm installing a A/C delete cover but I still wanted to seal the seam so no moisture could get under the seam and haunt me later ....

After finishing , After a month and half (spending time on it when I can)!!

Now I can spray Primer.....YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for lookin and now on to the next little job, the driver side fender well.... YES!
Marc

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:23 pm

Welcome Aboard KRO! Car is lookin great!

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:17 am

Hey , I thought I'd just post some pics of what I've been doing this month. First of all, I had to cut my battery pan out. My shop at work has this real ancient big @ss metal bender from like the 30's or 40's... just pickin, but it is probably from the 70's . It's wider than a bus. No problem bending this little metal.

Well, of course you have to weld it in, so if you look at your battery tray, it has alot of holes in the bottom...Well, I used some of the block steel you can get at Lowe's or any hardware store, and measured where the holes were and made a view of my own. I wanted support for the tray so I can put stuff on it if needed. So , I measured and welded the pieces to the pan, then, welded the pan in.

well, after the pan was in , there is a problem , which was the same as the other side, The battery tray is flat and the frame goes down. BIG problem in blocking. WILL NOT LOOK GOOD! So, I measured the difference of the pan and the frame , and it was about 1/4 inch, at the highest point. So , I welded a piece of 1/4 inch steel on the frame, then grinded it down, and acted like I was blocking but with steel and a grinder. So basically, the piece I welded in (which was straight before ) was now tilted and level with the battery tray. Anyway. I checked it with a block and made sure it was straight, I DO NOT like alot of bondo in my rides. Well , here is how it looks, it probably looks like , " WHAT THE #ELL HAVE YOU DONE" but remember this is before the ALL METAL goes on.

Now the next thing I do, which alot of people will say, HUH, but this is just from my experiences with metalwork. I glass the seams just to make sure that no air gets trapped. I used a little more resin than normal so the resin goes in the holes. Usually bondo or all metal go in the pores of the welded area but resin seems to drip in them more, less chances of air release later. Anyway...here it is with the glass done....the next pic of it will be in all metal and bondo... so until then , thanks for listening to this long @ss letter....Here's how it is with the glass (very little glasswork)

The next thing is ALL METAL which I personally love... Anyway... It is a form of bondo but mixed with metal particles...anyway...here it is ...first layment of it.

Now after all that has been sanded....It's time for the good ol' stuff .....BONDO(RAGE GOLD)

Well, Now for alot of Sanding...here we go!

Round 1 Sanding

After that....more bondo
Bondo 2

put that on, well
Round 2 Sanding

Well, after that....ok , little spots here and there(finally getting somewhere!
bondo 3

ALLRIGHTY THEN
Round 3 sanding YES!!!!!

It's done... Now I just need to prime it sometime and take a few overhead shots of the whole thing.... anyway... I'll have pics of the bay in primer shortly (I hope) thanks for letting me share

Marc (2-20-09)

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:12 am

HOOOLLLYYYY KITT!!!!!!!!!MAN..YOU ARE DOING AN EXCELENT JOB THERE!!GREAT DETAILED BODYWORK..NOT TO MENTION THE TURBO CHARGER MOTOR THAT I THIUNK YOUR KITT IS NOT GONNA NEED THE TURBINE SOUND EFFECT WHEN YOU RIDE!!KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 am

Thanks ! I couldn't wait any longer.... I had to put it in primer...I was going to wait till Monday...UHHH, nope.... Here it is all finished (the whole thing finally)

thanks , now all I have on the front is the Radiator support and the front fender clips... YES! ..... Then all I have left is the passenger side quarter....Man , I can't wait till this thing is ready to spray.... anyway...Thanks for lookin

Marc

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:02 pm

Holy Kitt! :shock:

Looking good, they didn't even roll out of the factory like that! :good:

Out of curiosity just how long did it take you to get the bay like that?

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:49 pm

That's awesome work. Can't wait till see it when it's finished :good:

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:57 pm

Well here's the closest thing I own to a KITT. I know the color is off, but hey KITT can change colors:) I actually bought it back in 07. I took this pick right outside the dealer. I actually got lucky on the deal. At the time here in NY NJ area dealers had the car marked up high as 80 grand.

My cousin happens to be a salesman at Anderson Ford in Omaho NB. He got me the car for 59 grand with zero percent interest:) Thought this one wasn't my first pick. I actually was getting a grey one with black stripes, but they sold it. I wanted a GT 500, so he pulled this one from another dealer. I flew out there bought the car and drove it home to NY.

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:33 pm

Awesome ride brother... I personally like red and blk for color of cars for me. White also, I love the 99 30th Anniversary TA's and the old bandit TA's.... Kickin ride... As far as how long the bay took? I have no earthly clue, all I can say is the bumper took a year to mold, and I'm 3yrs into the project. I can say , the only thing left now, is the pass. side quarter panel ... Every seam on the car (except the doors)(which I plan on doing also) has been smoothed out. I'm so close to being finished...but so far away from my goal....I try to set small goals , so this year, I plan on paint and having it drivable.... at least by the end of the year... That is a huge goal... but I think I can do it...hopefully the economy and me and my wife's jobs hold on long enough to ....somebody knock on wood please...anyway..Thanks for the support guys... Now on to the fender supports and radiator supports.... Then I can tackle that quarter...YES...regular bodywork...YES!

Marc

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:57 am

Welcome on board man Image :kitt:

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:04 am

where are you from ws6air??

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:20 am

I'm in the U.S. I'm in North Carolina State. Thanks for asking !

Marc

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:42 am

keep up the good work and keep us posted!!!yyyeeeaaaahhh!!!!

ws6air
Operative

almost done with bodywork

Post by ws6air » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:35 pm

Just thought I'd show you guys my progress on the little odds and ends now... I welded the holes I wouldn't need on the radiator support and blasted the paint and roughed up the primer and metal to get ready for priming. Oh , and bondo of course. JJ.... I thought this was going to be easy....NOT.... anyway... This is it , then the k-member. I'm going to eventually take the k-member out to rebuild but for now, I'll just rough it up so paint will stick... Anyway...Long story short (yey right) nothing Knight Rider is short, here's a couple of pics....

Now for some primer.....after the k-member... This will be my February updates.... Thanks for looking

Marc