Karr-centered fan fiction

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

becky
Volunteer

Karr-centered fan fiction

Post by becky » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:26 pm

Hi! I'm new here and also to the Knight Rider fandom. :) I just love talking cars, though, and when I finally heard about the show (rather late in the game, I might add) I wanted to write a fan fiction. KARR immediately became my favorite character, so my story is centered primarily around him. I'm still learning a lot about Knight Rider, so please correct me if I forget something important or make a mistake. I currently have written six chapters of it.

Title: Second Chances
Summary: Karr was assumed destroyed and his charred remains abandoned. But what if he survived? What if a child found that little black box out in the desert? Revenge may be sweet, but a second chance at life is even sweeter.
Rating: PG-13/T
Warnings: original character centered, slight out of character moments (please forgive and correct me on these!), mild violence/language, etc.
Time line: This story takes place seven years after K.I.T.T. vs K.A.R.R.. By my guess, the story is taking place in 1991 (when I was born!).
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3840078/1/Second_Chances

This is a "nice-guy-Karr" story, sort of. I'm doing my best to write his personality the way I feel the show portrayed it, but the basis of my story is that the original programming of an AI can be self-altered. ;) There is an original character ( a female) but considering none of the canon characters fit the bill for this story, I felt I could take some liberties. There are no un-canon pairings at all, so don't worry.

I hope you'll find the story acceptable from a newcomer like me and you can expect updates on it for quite a while. :)

TheMechanic
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Karr-centered fan fiction

Post by TheMechanic » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:59 pm

Becky, it's wonderful!
Even with seeing only a few episodes it seems like you've really got the characters down well. I just read all 6 chapters and I can't wait for more!
You've got me as a reader, hook line and sinker! XD
Turbo Boost, Baby!

becky
Volunteer

Post by becky » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:00 pm

TheMechanic wrote:Becky, it's wonderful!
Even with seeing only a few episodes it seems like you've really got the characters down well. I just read all 6 chapters and I can't wait for more!
You've got me as a reader, hook line and sinker! XD
Thank you! :] I've been very nervous about how the characters are being written. I'm glad you think they're okay so far.

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:15 pm

:karr: KARR: Always nice to meet a fan. Or shall I say...eat?

You're an excellent writer, and it's nice to meet someone else in the KARR fanfic business. I have a piece of my own that deals with Karr's comeback, but it's pretty long and this topic's about your piece, not mine : )
One thing I do have to mention is that I think the change that's going in Karr's personality is a bit too slow. I mean I know it's there and all, but maybe pick it up just a little bit.

And by the way - KODA and I welcome you to the fandom.
McKurra: Read it, Karr.
KARR: But I -
McKurra: Read it.
KARR: -sigh- Genesis 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth...
KNIGHT RIDER 2020 - a series canon by Knightsong

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:41 pm

WELL, IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME....! bravo... keep at it.
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

becky
Volunteer

Post by becky » Thu May 15, 2008 9:11 pm

Sorry for taking so long to reply!
K2007 wrote: You're an excellent writer, and it's nice to meet someone else in the KARR fanfic business. I have a piece of my own that deals with Karr's comeback, but it's pretty long and this topic's about your piece, not mine : )
One thing I do have to mention is that I think the change that's going in Karr's personality is a bit too slow. I mean I know it's there and all, but maybe pick it up just a little bit.
I'm very glad you like it. :) Yes, I have noticed that getting Karr's personality change visible to the readers is getting rather drawn out. It'll shape up in the next few chapters. Thank you a lot for the critic!
T.A.H.O.E. wrote:WELL, IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME....! bravo... keep at it.
Thank you!

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Sat May 17, 2008 5:29 pm

Still can't get over the idea of Karr as a little black box sitting in some kid's room. :lol:

~Knightsong
KARR: -sigh- Genesis 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth...

becky
Volunteer

Post by becky » Sat May 24, 2008 10:22 am

K2007 wrote:Still can't get over the idea of Karr as a little black box sitting in some kid's room. :lol:

~Knightsong
XD I don't think Karr has gotten over it either!

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Sat May 24, 2008 3:52 pm

BEHOLD THE FURY OF THE LITTLE BLACK BOX!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

...Yeah, intimidating. :roll: Can't wait for the fury he'll most certainly unbridle when he gets in the car. If I were writing this, it would end with Karr betraying the two kids and driving off into the sunset.

Fortunately for your readers, I'm NOT writing it. :lol:

~KS

becky
Volunteer

Post by becky » Sun May 25, 2008 2:27 pm

K2007 wrote: Can't wait for the fury he'll most certainly unbridle when he gets in the car. If I were writing this, it would end with Karr betraying the two kids and driving off into the sunset.

Fortunately for your readers, I'm NOT writing it. :lol:

~KS
LOL. Hey, even if he didn't have a body for seven years, you can bet he was a menace to have around. It's good that Bridget is good at ignoring his jibes; Karr's vicious in a word fight. XD I doubt I could have put up with him for that long.

Oh, and Karr will be tearing off recklessly soon enough. Whether or not that the kids are with him is something you'll have to wait and see. :)

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:00 pm

All you have to do is think about him like he is - A misguided soul in need of a second chance. If he were here right now he'd kill me, wouldn't he?

And I expected some sort of way for him to be...as you put it 'tearing off recklessly' because, after all...

You can't spell K-A-R-R without a temper tantrum.

Okay maybe you can.

But you get my point.

By the way...I AM SUCH A KARR FAN AND THANK YOU MAAAAJOR FOR STICKING WITH THIS STORY!!!! LOVE IT!!!

~KS

becky
Volunteer

Post by becky » Wed May 28, 2008 8:01 pm

You're welcome! I'm a big fan of his as well. It's a shame there aren't more fan fictions about him, or at least centering around him. That's kind of why I started this story; I felt he deserved more attention.

And yes, temper tantrums are Karr's claim to fame, especially in fan works. He can't do much now, considering he's just a "talking head" but hey, who knows what mischief/chaos he will cause when he gets a body again? :D

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:50 pm

becky wrote:You're welcome! I'm a big fan of his as well. It's a shame there aren't more fan fictions about him, or at least centering around him. That's kind of why I started this story; I felt he deserved more attention.

And yes, temper tantrums are Karr's claim to fame, especially in fan works. He can't do much now, considering he's just a "talking head" but hey, who knows what mischief/chaos he will cause when he gets a body again? :D

Yeah...it seems like you and me are the only KARRfic writers. I've given him a driver and it's evened him out, but his temper will never really go away.

In my series (won't name titles, I know it's a bit rude to promote), his driver gave him an '07 Dodge Charger Daytona, black with matte black hood/trunk/spoiler. BIG mistake. He TORE UP Seattle.

I'm waiting to see what he'll do with his new car.

~KS

becky
Volunteer

Post by becky » Thu May 29, 2008 5:46 pm

I've read other Karr stories (where he's at least one main character), but they are rare. I'd like to see your story! :) There's no shame in promotion as long as you're polite about it.

Orca (where Bridget lives) is a fictional town. Unfortunately, it's very small...and if Karr does decide to wreak havoc, Orca stands no chance for survival. XD

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Fri May 30, 2008 4:12 pm

I applaud you for introducing Karr as the good guy AND going through the change from bad guy to good guy.

I'd be happy to send you a link to my story, if you like. I haven't quite gotten to the part where Karr gets his Daytona, but I'm working up to it. It's a series, and I'm hiring anyone who wants to take part in it (unfortunately I have no money to pay you :( ).

becky
Volunteer

Post by becky » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:09 pm

Thanks!

And I'd like to read it, so feel free to send me a link. :) I have a lot on my plate concerning writing and real life issues, so I can't take on anything extra, but I'd be happy to offer some opinions/critic if you want.

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:54 pm

I'll send ASAP.

becky
Volunteer

Post by becky » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:14 pm

I just thought I'd quickly update here. I went on a hiatus unexpectedly and I apologize. Updates should be more frequent from now on (as school work allows, of course). :) Chapter six is up here. Sorry, guys!

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:47 pm

Hey Becky,

I read all 7 chapters and am hooked. Thank You for allowing me into you Knight Rider world. :D
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

AngeliaxKARR
Volunteer

Post by AngeliaxKARR » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:10 pm

Becky, i must say, you write as KARR very well. I LOVE how you portrayed KITT, Michael, and Bonnie as well. Well thought out and can't wait for chapter eight!

:karr: You'll be ROADKILL if you don't MOVE!!
Once a legend,
now is reborn,
if given the chance,
can heal what's torn.

Just think about that for a moment...

becky
Volunteer

Post by becky » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:09 pm

:) Updated chapter seven, y'all!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3840078/8/Second_Chances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry for the terribly long wait. This chapter was a pain to write, in addition to real life distractions.

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:54 pm

Back in September just after the first episode aired I wrote an idea for a KARR episode, funny it was similar to Becky's. However now that the KARR episode has aired I like what Becky has created...However check mine out if you wish...

viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=12249" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:16 am

not bad man. nice writing indeed. Image :kitt:

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:23 am

here is my fan fiction
if you find any errors or like to add something to my story just qoute thank you

The Knight of the Sliders

(This is a parallel world to all grown up and multiverse)

Tommy is a child prodigy and so are his friends due one of Stu’s inventions as a baby he thought Tommy was mentally impaired and but he was not the doctor that Stu took Tommy to see at the age of 3, was inexperienced and made an error in his diagnosis of ADHD. Stu stuck in this rut pulled out his untested invention from his days as a cybernetic technician for the foundation of law and government (flashback) (he was K.A.R.R.’s mechanic and one of the K.A.R.R.’s 6 creators. because of his involvement in K.A.R.R.’s creation he was not programmed with self preservation but instead programmed with to protect the cause of the innocent, the powerless, the helpless. protocol 2: to follow the laws of humanity. With this programming KARR became not quite human but a success. He was also involved in the creation of KITT who was programmed as was in the series Knight rider. In this world Stu had an older brother named Thomas Pickles (who Tommy is named after) who is 2 years older than Drew and a rich successful billionaire who moonlighted as a F.L.A.G. operative in the 80’s and 90’s and the only reason for Stu’s involvement in the project and K.A.R.R.’s driver) it increased Tommy’s intelligence by 10 fold and his intelligence goes up 3 points a day, his IQ at the age of ten is that of 22 year old. (A person with ability there head cannot explode that theory was disproved about 100 years ago. that is jimmy neutron nonsense. There head would look normal as yours or mine!!!). He used the Brain Enhancement Helmet Device or BAD for short on Chuckie, Dil, Phil, Lil and not Kimi. Kara was against it. In this world Chuckie last name is MacGyver and his dad is the real MacGyver who is Richard Dean Anderson’s doppelganger (in this universe actors sometimes have doppelgangers of people they have played on TV or the silver screen) and Pete Thornton is Chuckie’s god father and does not have glaucoma and is still alive. He looks as young as Richard was doing MacGyver. Originally Chuckie’s great grandfather last was MacGyver he only chose the name of Finster during the first Red scare in the thirties due being accused of being a communist. Then in 1951 McCarthy Era his grandfather Charles MacGyver changed it back due to the same reason but he was a colonel in the US Air Force then and now a 3 star General retired. But the big secret of Chuckie he is long line of Fire Demons. But fire demons are normally good; his family belongs to a group of demons who protect humanity from the forces of darkness this group known as The Knights of the Phoenix. A phoenix has a tattoo on their right arm. This is put on the child at birth. Tommy descends from al line of phoenixes and angels of death. Tommy is a Grim Reaper; he is more powerful than Wyatt from Charmed and a big Knight Rider Fan. In this world there is a secret magical world of mystery. He out grow Reptar along time ago but still likes it but not as much as Knight Rider. He is a true “Knerd”.
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

becky
Volunteer

Post by becky » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:21 am

Hey! I finally got around to updating Second Chances. It's been so long, I thought I had better report it here, in case people were still interested in reading it. :) Hopefully updates will be more consistent now!

Chapter eight: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3840078/9/Second_Chances