Well.... It's official

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Well.... It's official

Post by DevonStyles » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:33 am

The 2009 Superbowl was the 2nd highest rated superbowl ever. Super Bowl Gives NBC 42.0 Rating, Record 98.7 Million Viewers Sunday's Super Bowl.

If they really wanted to promote a struggling show that would and should definetly be the time to promote it to the largest audience your network will probally ever see at one time. What we got was zero knight rider commercials. Does this make sense.... NO. Either the person in charge of marketing and promotions should be fired or their was definetly a reason why knight rider was not promoted. It is rather odvious that other shows on the network were repeatedly promoted. Sure we could say the was targeting a certain night, but why not promote your entire week's schedule. Especially since the viewers were exactly the demographic the knight rider show is trying to reach.

Now with the last episode of knight rider I am hearing a 22% rise in viewers. This is fantastic. However they had more then enough time after finding out that info to inject some knight rider promotion into the telecast. We should definetly see a rise in advertising the show with the new improved numbers, or if we continue to see no promotion for the knight rider I think we owe it to ourselves to see that the writing is on the wall and it's a wrap.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Re: Well.... It's official

Post by GT500KR » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:14 am

They didnt promoted, Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays Show. They barely promoted Thursday Comedy Night, just 1 commerical. Monday shows had alot of commericals.

But what ya going to do.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:10 pm

Yeah and those commercials had very little, next to no real effect on the ratings of any of those three shows. I think that's quite telling.... Certainly KR could have benefited at least some, maybe more from a commercial than plastering Chuck, Heroes and Medium all over the place, especially Heroes. What's going to be really interesting is the rating for tonight's episode will end up being with once again, close to zero promotion.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:58 pm

I'm afraid I have to agree with DevonStyles. NBC clearly has given up on Knight Rider, and I would be very, VERY surprised to see anything at all past Ep17.
As much as I hate to, at this point I feel that I have to give up hoping for a Second Season, as I feel it's looking more and more like that's not gonna happen - barring some kind of miraculous increase in the ratings consistent with last week's. And even then it might not happen.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

Glissard
Recruit

Post by Glissard » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:44 pm

I've visited Universal Studios enough to always see lots of promotions for tv series. I've never seen one image of KR in the park. I was thinking they could do some good promotion in the park if they had a replica KI3T on display or driving around, much like Doc Brown's Delorean, The Blues Brother's Cadillac, and Ecto 1 from Ghostbusters. Kid would flip out at a talking car to interact with. Seems like it could be a very easy and fun way of promoting the show. Any thoughts?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:09 pm

Only thing is that unless the modify the car so they can put some sort of hologram projection into the car for a non-interactive HUD, it's not going to really be all that interesting, not to mention a working snow globe.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:12 pm

DevonStyles wrote: Now with the last episode of knight rider I am hearing a 22% rise in viewers. This is fantastic. However they had more then enough time after finding out that info to inject some knight rider promotion into the telecast.
I don't really think that's true. Super Bowl commercials can't suddenly be "booked", if that's the word, a week or two previous. The spots are sold probably months earlier. Yes, I know it aired on NBC, but why would they inject their own commercials, that ultimately are free to them, and kick out a high-paying commercial, to say nothing of contracts,etc. that they are bound with.
Also, why must so many people claim they just knowthat Knight Rider is cancelled? I doubt a decision has been made and would bet on the fact that any decision would not be made before the last episode (of the season) has aired. I would take a guess that GST doesn't even know that.

Glissard
Recruit

Post by Glissard » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:18 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote: Re: Well.... It's official
by PHOENIXZERO » Feb 04, 2009 6:09 pm

Only thing is that unless the modify the car so they can put some sort of hologram projection into the car for a non-interactive HUD, it's not going to really be all that interesting, not to mention a working snow globe.
Eh, just tint the windows. I was talking more exterior. Or Attack Mode

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:10 am

Glissard wrote:I've visited Universal Studios enough to always see lots of promotions for tv series. I've never seen one image of KR in the park. I was thinking they could do some good promotion in the park if they had a replica KI3T on display or driving around, much like Doc Brown's Delorean, The Blues Brother's Cadillac, and Ecto 1 from Ghostbusters. Kid would flip out at a talking car to interact with. Seems like it could be a very easy and fun way of promoting the show. Any thoughts?
maybe they dont have a place to show it??? Image :kitt: