Knight Rider won't be on Wednesday in Boise, ID

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider won't be on Wednesday in Boise, ID

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:55 am

There has been no ad commercials yet by KTVB in Boise announcing the Idaho cancer benefit lottery will be on in place of Knight Rider, only a schedule change that I happened to find while scrolling ahead on my DVR.

Guys, I'm asking for feedback to be dropped on this network like it's an umbrella in a hail storm. This is the email address I found....figuring programming executives will turn away, the breaking news department is the best approach: breakingnews@ktvb.com

Here is my email:

It would be thoughtful if your local channel had considered the audience who watches Knight Rider on Wednesdays to be notified that you intend to replace that program with some cancer benefit. Putting the show on the air at 3:00AM is absolutely ridiculous! Doesn't the NBC network encourage their programs be seen at a decent hour, or do you know that the show is going to be canceled? If you don't know, I suggest posting an apology on the air, and also considering a time slot for Knight Rider to be viewed at a more appropriate hour during this next coming weekend.

Irate at Boise's worthless channel 7

Guys, I'm losing a lot of faith. Knight Rider is going down and won't come back up.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Knight Rider won't be on Wednesday in Boise, ID

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:19 am

Haha, I guess I was right though you posted this before I responded to your post in the other topic.

Anyway, this is a local station doing this, it happens all the time around the country. That time was probably something agreed upon before KR's schedule was made. That and they might just have an agreement where the fundraiser airs on the same day every year. *Shrugs*

You realize how bad that's going to come off to someone reading it right? Not to mention likely sending that e-mail to the wrong place will also reflect poorly. Honestly, it's a good cause, not some unneeded infomercial like the nationally aired Obamamercial from last October.. Besides, if you have a decent connection you should be able to watch the episode the following day. On the other hand, if you're still in Denver, isn't there a local NBC station and not just the one in Idaho??
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:13 am

I just moved...probably should change my stats..

HULU has normally been my main avenue, especially in Denver, since my work schedule always had me involved during that time slot. Now I'm here, and I have the Wednesdays, but going with the board depending on these Nielsen numbers to save our show, and really not hearing anything at all in the papers here or on the TV station that they plan on doing a local show, makes me feel they do need some intolerant hate mail.

I don't think anyone around these neck of the woods gives a rat's ass about Knight Rider anyway. The morning talk shows here in town like to cover what was on the night before, and they never mention Knight Rider. The Boise Weekly (an events magazine) carried an article last week on what not to miss, but there was not one mention of Knight Rider's big KARR event (.......). The show is not liked, and it's made me kind of sad. My only nerd pleasure will be gone from TV by the end of the season. :(

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:18 pm

I agree but I don't think that you should've put the part about being an irate fan at the end of the e-mail. Please keep me posted on what happens, I believe that this is a jab just at KR but still moving it to 3:30 shouldn't help the ratings at all.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:31 am

I get to see the show from the Net, not big change here :kittconv2:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:49 pm

Here is a similar story to this one. For those living in Indiana Knight Rider will air at 1:05 am on February 5th.

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp? ... v=menu54_2
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:54 pm

I'm sorry but I think a cancer benefit is a lot more important than an episode of Knight Rider.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:12 pm

Sue wrote:Here is a similar story to this one. For those living in Indiana Knight Rider will air at 1:05 am on February 5th.

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp? ... v=menu54_2
I don't know if KR is airing where I live or not your story is just for the Evansville area but if I go into my guide where I live near Terre Haute it shows that college basketball is airing instead of KR but if I go online and look at my local guide it shows that KR will air so I'm going to have to do some more looking and see what I come up with because unlike the post above mine IMO collage basketball is not as important as KR where I do think a Cancer benefit might be.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.