DO YOU REALLY WANT TO SAVE KNIGHT RIDER??

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO SAVE KNIGHT RIDER??

Post by Showpro1 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:12 pm

If you all really want to save Knight Rider, a series that is now infusing some excitement without being overloaded
with CGI FX, then you should get behind Knight Rider Festival.
I will give you some very good reasons to do so:

1. Knight Rider producer Gary Scott Thompson & Justin Bruening will be in Las Vegas for the show and if we show excitement for the series we can give them fantastic proof that the fans have a passion about the series.

2. Even though Knight Rider is an expensive series to produce, if the powers that be at NBC see that
we are excited about the series and are willing to help the charity that Knight Rider Festival is contributing to
they would see that the fans truly want Knight Rider to be renewed.

3. Knight Rider Festival is embracing not just the original series, but the new series as well.

4.Outside the series and TV movie that was made, Knight Rider Festival is the biggest thing to happen for Knight Rider fans.

5.If we dont make this event really stand out we may not gey another chance- We cannot & should not let this
unique opportunity slip through our fingers, or worse push it away with both hands.

This is my last post on this subject no matter how it is recieved because Im going to do what I can to collect donations and support this great show, beacuse Im all through wasting my time with posting anything where
logic is disregarded in order to talk about things which dont propel us forward as fans, no matter if you like the new series or not Knight Rider Festival should be backed to the hilt.
Paul- if your out there Ive tried.

Dave Doggett. :kitt2: :dash: :kittspin: Im outta here!!

neps
Site Administrator

Re: DO YOU REALLY WANT TO SAVE KNIGHT RIDER??

Post by neps » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:23 pm

I don't understand where your anger is coming from Dave? We're supporting the festival, we're covering it, we're advertising it every single place we can. We've got threads about organizing for the charity.

Going to the festival is not going to help NBC see that we have a community behind knight rider alone. There are many more people across the globe that can sign a petition or mail a letter.

Both the Knight Rider Festival and the Season 2 Campaign are important to Knight Rider's future on NBC - why can't they both exist?

I guess I'm just confused.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:57 pm

Showpro1 wrote: 1. Knight Rider producer Gary Scott Thompson & Justin Bruening will be in Las Vegas for the show and if we show excitement for the series we can give them fantastic proof that the fans have a passion about the series.
Gary and Justin are invited guests and we would be thrilled to see them in Vegas. But at this time they should not be promoted as confirmed guests.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:58 pm

Neil;

Let me be clear about what I was saying in your post, which was and is that you have influence
to get the people pumped as I obviously cant.
I applaud and appreciate your efforts to support Knight Rider Festival, Im not angry -certainly not at you and Ive
been disappointed that when I bring up the subject there is utter silence.

Michael;
What can I say but there is a very big possibility that Justin & Gary will be there, because they expressed a serious interest in Knight Fest.
Well meaning people with petitions being e-mailed dont really realize just how easy it is to delete something that hits their e-mail, hpwever an event like this can not be deleted.
If you look at the Confimed guest list you will see that Glen Larson, Stu Phillips, Don Peake, Michael Scheffe, will be there anlong with many others.
There will be incredible stuff going on in March the likes of which we have not seen as fans before so forgive me for being passionate about this but this is cool just based on what is Confirmed so far , go to the bloody site and read it for youselves. (and this was not aimed at anyone in particular)
I wont bother you all anymore, I will just pursue donations and meet you all in Las Vegas.

D. Doggett.

PS I thought you all would understand they Rodney Dangerfield thing especially when I put a great big (LOL) after that. :kitt2: :dash: :kittspin: Im outta here!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:48 pm

Based on what I know Justin Bruening is a confirmed guest, Gary Scott Thompson is not although he is more than welcome to come to the event . Like with all events guests are always subject to change based upon availiblity and circumstance.

If Paul has listed a guest on the Knight Rider Festival VIP guest page, those guests are confirmed to attend unless they inform him otherwise. Guests that are not listed but are "speculated" to show should not be considered confirmed as they are still pending - Gary Scott Thompson is one of them.

=VK=
:dash:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:11 am

Showpro1 wrote: 1. Knight Rider producer Gary Scott Thompson & Justin Bruening will be in Las Vegas for the show and if we show excitement for the series we can give them fantastic proof that the fans have a passion about the series.
I think seeing fan support will be a great reward for GST and Justin if they attend. They certainly deserve it. But the people that we need to reach out to to save the show are Angela Bromstad, Marc Graboff and Ben Silverman.

But I think most of all, fans and invited guests should just celebrate and enjoy their love of Knight Rider.
Have fun! That should be the number one priority. It will be up to the news stations and press then to pass on our story and our spirit.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:55 am

I really hope that NBC keeps KR, I really love the show.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:36 am

This is a marvelous opportunity anyway you look at it, because with the press we know will be there and confirmed
such as Michael Scheffe, Glen Larson, etc... that in itself is fantastic.
When you add to it that Universal Studios ala Ben Silverman we have a chance to help the new Knight Rider
series, help propel the interest in Knight Rider The Motion Picture, as well as turning this event into an annual
event & God knows what else.
I dont think we can take it for granted that there will be more Knight Rider Festival unless
we act as if there is a sense of urgency.
We are almost to February which means that there is slightly over a month left before Knight Fest so I just want
to encourage everyone that will get behind Paul Casey's vision for what can be a blessing for everyone involved.
All the best,

Dave Doggett. :kitt2: :kittside:

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:57 am

Dave, just a thought on why you have been met with silence.
I know of several folks that have asked me in private channels if I was going to the KR festival in Las Vegas. So I know word is getting around.
But I told them no. Do you know why?
No money to travel. No money for anything extra really. We are in the beginnings of a 2nd depression and most folks can't drop what they are doing and trek out to Vegas.
Now if this was held back in 2000 or 2004 yeah sure. But times are tough.
I guess what I'm saying is don't take offense to the silence on the boards. Its just hard money wise for most of us.
I know I would LOVE to go and I love that it's for a good cause.

Good luck Dave!
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:09 am

I have to agree with taoworm, I know a lot of people that would love to go but right now is really bad for a lot of peoples financially. It's easier for people like you Dave that can drive, but for those of us that need to fly you're looking at over 400 dollars for the flight itself, plus room, food, etc. That would also leave little for the donating that you guys are expecting to receive.

But just because people can't make it there, it doesn't mean they aren't supportive and aren't going to follow closely to the event or support the festival in other ways. Sue, Mike and myself will be live at the event reporting as soon as we can to knight rider fans all over the world. That's going to be a huge amount of eyes that can't make it to the show that will be able to feel a part of the experience. There will be others like Matthew and unnamed countless others that are donating their time behind the scenes to either help KRO produce coverage or help get material for the event itself.

I don't want this to start to feel it's hurting the event to be screaming that no one is listening - cause it's just not that black and white. People are supporting it in countless ways - whether it's donating a dollar, watching the feeds, creating some art, getting a guest to attend or physically attending themselves.

You're passion is great Dave, and we could probably use more people like you being this passionate. But we also should be careful on how we approach this event, cause we don't want to piss people off and scare them away either.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:29 am

neps wrote:for those of us that need to fly you're looking at over 400 dollars for the flight itself, plus room, food, etc. That would also leave little for the donating that you guys are expecting to receive.

But just because people can't make it there, it doesn't mean they aren't supportive and aren't going to follow closely to the event or support the festival in other ways. Sue, Mike and myself will be live at the event reporting as soon as we can to knight rider fans all over the world. That's going to be a huge amount of eyes that can't make it to the show that will be able to feel a part of the experience. There will be others like Matthew and unnamed countless others that are donating their time behind the scenes to either help KRO produce coverage or help get material for the event itself.
This I agree with.

I had fully planned to go but what with all the recent goings on I had to pull out, not because I did'nt want to go at all. After factoring in all the costs flight/hotel/food&general spending money I could'nt justify it anymore, cheapest flight I could find was £447 ($637) then adding the hotel costs and what not, youre getting near $1000. The pound is at an all time low against the dollar and with my savings all but gone thanks to an unwanted (by me lol) house move (decorating/new flooring and more bloody furniture which we even did'nt need :evil: ) I just simply cant afford it now.

I'm grateful to KRO for helping the fans that cant make it feel a part of the experience, this makes me feel a whole lot better about missing out on what could be the penultimate Knight Rider gathering ever, as a real Knight Rider fan it upsets me I cant be there and see it with my own eyes but I do know these guys will make sure we are there, well as near as damn it anyways.

I'm still working on something and hopefully these next few weeks will pan out in the way I'm hoping they do and if it doe's it will be a last minute rush thing, something I really dont like doing as I like to have things planned in advance. Right now my mindset is "it aint over to the fat lady sings" :D but if it does'nt work out how I planned then at least I can be sure I wont miss out.

suave6565
Volunteer

Post by suave6565 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:44 pm

Dave,

I also have to agree with the rest also...ever since the series started, i find myself checking out this site more and more. I'm a huge Knight Rider fan and i've always check this site out but never joined or attempted to sit here and participate on the forums.

I have to admit, im am one of those who doubt a second season but after watching exit light episode...it gave me alot of hope for this show..

no over the top CGI...i think this was the first episode that i've really seen KITT MOVE!!

Now as far as showing support for the show in Las Vegas...Its too much of an expense for me to go. Its harder for me to go on vacation...Times are tough now and we all dont know if you're job is going to be there tomorrow.
I will support all i can!!

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:36 pm

Neil;

I have the upmost respect for you, I mean ever since the first Saugus Knight Rider show you have shown yourself
to be a friend even before Dan Trujillio , Alex Wong and the rest of us put on our first show.
You were one of those who helped make a difference and helped us get that of the ground, for that I will never forget.
However Im not questioning your care for Knight Rider Festival, I was simply saying when I post something that
is going to help the franchise, bickering takes center stage and thats fine the hobby has more than its share of personality differences, but Im not taking sides just saying lets concentrate on the things we can agree on & that is
we all want Knight Rider the franchise to succeed.

Sue is right it will be fun and Paul will be selling a DVD of Knight Fest for those who cant go, and I look forward to seeing the rest of you who will be there.

Im sorry that Ive jumped to the wrong conclusions, but when there is no response I can only conclude that means
the subject isnt of interest.

If people cant afford to go to Knight Rider Festival thats understandable after all the economy has taken a hammering, but that wont always be the case.
As Ive said before the best is yet to be..
And in conclusion I just want to do what I can to pomote Knight Rider in my way and I know all of you out there will
help in your way.
Take care all,

D. Doggett. :kitt2: :dash: :kittspin:

daroga
Rookie

Post by daroga » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:05 pm

I'm really bummed. I want to go to this a lot and I'm literally going to be in Vegas on the *22nd*. And there's not really a chance, with our vacation schedule, to get there any earlier.

Any afterparties going on for Sunday? ;)

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:55 pm

Daroga;

I hope that there will be some who will be able to hang out with you, on the 22nd.
Unfortunately I will be in cruise mode back to Washington State, cleaning out the old carb's as I go.
Las Vegas will be happy that we as fans were able to have fun and show them that we appreciate thier
gracious hospitality.

Dav Doggett. :kitt2: :dash:
:kittspin:

alphaone
Stranger

Post by alphaone » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:09 pm

Yes, NBC we really want to save the new Knight Rider series.

I was a fan of the original series and now my son is a devoted fan of the new KITT. I agree whole-heartedly with this comment made on the Hasselhoff line...."Anyone who has anything really negative to say about it (the series) should really stop and think about it for a second. The show is supposed to be fun, mindless entertainment. Something to escape for an hour a week. This isn’t the best acting you’ve ever seen, it’s not supposed to be! It’s just fun"

And that is the key word. FUN!! How many shows out there now are actually considered fun to watch? I can count them on one hand.

Times are tough now and they will likely get worse. So I like to KISS (keep it simple stupid).....What is easier (and cheaper) than staying home and watching KITT and his enemies battle things out? I want to keep some fun in my life. Relax NBC and see what happens. :D

gromia77
Rookie

Post by gromia77 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:52 am

I wish I could go but can't afford it :cry:
Zoe: Burn rubber Kitt!
Kitt: Burning rubber.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:46 am

I could go, but it's during school,but I still support KR! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:03 pm

I wish I could go too but exactly what NEPS said it is abd economy.

we should try what we can to save the new Knight Rider

:kitt: :good: :good:
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

geriy175
Stranger

Post by geriy175 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:51 am

I 'm Chinese.I like knight rider so much,many poeple love it too in China.I hope it will be show Season 2 or more.