What day do you think Knight Rider would do better?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

What knight would Knight Rider do better? (you can choose up to 3)

Monday
28%
Tuesday
9%
Wendesday
2%
Thuresday
5%
Friday
21%
Saturday
7%
Sunday
28%

Total votes: 43

kitt_rulz
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What day do you think Knight Rider would do better?

Post by kitt_rulz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:59 am

I have read on a few of the posts that many of you; including myself; that think Knight Rider would do better on a different knight. My question is what knight would be good??
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Re: What day do you think Knight Rider would do better?

Post by ElectricPhantom » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:52 am

The problem is: now how do we convince NBC to switch the night it's aired?

Charlie Brown
Recruit

Post by Charlie Brown » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:05 pm

I just can't vote for Sundays. I need my weekly Jack Attack.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Saturday night would be best. Friday nights have been dominated by Ghost Whisperer and Numbers which have loyal established audiences. No way KR is winning against them. Saturday nights everyone plays movies which gives KR its best shot.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:34 pm

The weekend could be good, but then u have the ppl that party on Saturday night. Its hard to say. I think KR would do good 9PM hour, i dont know, lets just bomb NBC with "suggested" mail.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:29 pm

GT500KR wrote:The weekend could be good, but then u have the ppl that party on Saturday night. Its hard to say. I think KR would do good 9PM hour, i dont know, lets just bomb NBC with "suggested" mail.
The people who party on saturday nights won't be the kind of folks who watch this show. This show should appeal to kids and those who were kids when the original series aired, the latter group generally being married already if not having kids of their own. Both of which are situations that keep these folks at home on a saturday night.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:
GT500KR wrote:The weekend could be good, but then u have the ppl that party on Saturday night. Its hard to say. I think KR would do good 9PM hour, i dont know, lets just bomb NBC with "suggested" mail.
The people who party on saturday nights won't be the kind of folks who watch this show. This show should appeal to kids and those who were kids when the original series aired, the latter group generally being married already if not having kids of their own. Both of which are situations that keep these folks at home on a saturday night.
Friday and Saturday are the absolute worst days to put the show on. I voted for Thursday. The only reason I say the show should even change nights at all is because it's competing with American Idol which is unfortunately seemingly unstoppable. Mondays would also work and since 24 is on at 9 P.M., I wouldn't have to worry about it competing.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
Mr.Marcus wrote:
Friday and Saturday are the absolute worst days to put the show on. I voted for Thursday. The only reason I say the show should even change nights at all is because it's competing with American Idol which is unfortunately seemingly unstoppable. Mondays would also work and since 24 is on at 9 P.M., I wouldn't have to worry about it competing.
No its not. If you think its doing mediocre now it'll get clobbered on Thursday and Monday nights. Saturday night is the best chance for this show to survive since it has no competition to contend with. Let's face it this show will never ever get the ratings that warrant a permanent Sunday-Thursday time slot in prime time. Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:No its not. If you think its doing mediocre now it'll get clobbered on Thursday and Monday nights. Saturday night is the best chance for this show to survive since it has no competition to contend with. Let's face it this show will never ever get the ratings that warrant a permanent Sunday-Thursday time slot in prime time. Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.
There's no competition on Saturday night because it's a death slot and no one else wants their shows on that night. If anything they'd want it reserved for reruns, which Knight Rider has had on Saturday nights and with lower ratings. The encore presentation of the backdoor pilot also aired on a Saturday night if I remember correctly, and it had significantly lower ratings, too.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

arhskr81
Rookie

Post by arhskr81 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:16 pm

What is on Mondays at 9CST. NBC has Momma's Boys, CBS has CSI:Miami, ABC has True Beauty, and it doesn't really matter waht is CW or FOX KR could possibly do good against CSI and True Beauty.

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:20 pm

I honestly think KR should be on Fridays, after FNL(Friday Night Lights). Being up against American Idol is
not helping it. Pitting it against 24 on Monday nites is also asking for trouble(I like 24, btw). Saturday
could be good, as most of the networks need to get some new shows, for saturdays. The only network that
airs anything new is Fox, which has Cops & AMW. Move KR to Fridays!!

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:06 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
Mr.Marcus wrote:No its not. If you think its doing mediocre now it'll get clobbered on Thursday and Monday nights. Saturday night is the best chance for this show to survive since it has no competition to contend with. Let's face it this show will never ever get the ratings that warrant a permanent Sunday-Thursday time slot in prime time. Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.
There's no competition on Saturday night because it's a death slot and no one else wants their shows on that night. If anything they'd want it reserved for reruns, which Knight Rider has had on Saturday nights and with lower ratings. The encore presentation of the backdoor pilot also aired on a Saturday night if I remember correctly, and it had significantly lower ratings, too.
That's the whole point. It is the deathslot but remember the shows Pretender and Profiler? They each got 4 seasons and Pretender even got 2 TV movies after the series ended. Both shows were on Saturday night at 8 and 9. Sometimes its just better to accept reality and deal with it. KR doesn't have the chops to survive in primetime on Sunday-Friday so why not give it the deathslot on Saturday and get a few seasons out of it? Better than a cancellation.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:43 am

You're have an interesting point, Mr. Marcus. But Knight Rider against American Dad and Family Guy would be tight. I love Family Guy, and I love Knight Rider. I don't know what I would do.... (oh yeah, TIVO :roll: ) That would make my Sunday nights spectacular.

...gawd, doesn't that sound perfect? Simpsons, Family Guy, and Knight Rider all on one night. And they repeat the hell out of the animated shows during the course of the season. KR would do great!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:07 am

I would have to say Friday; nevertheless, I don't think the day in particular would make all that much difference. Sure, perhaps Saturday and Sunday would be an exception but when looking at any other working day I would say that the difference (if any) would be quite small.

Oh and by the way you've got Wednesday and Thursday spelled wrong :D
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Spidey323
Recruit

Post by Spidey323 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:44 am

I think Knight Rider would fit in very well on Monday nights with "Chuck" and "Heroes". I think all three shows would compliment each other. They're all in the same sort of genre, but are different enough to appeal to a fairly large audience! :kitt: :good:
"With great power comes great responsibility - we all have the power to choose, and the choices we make define who we are, and who we will become."

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:05 am

Yeah but how do you fit three hours of television into two?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:59 pm

Spidey323 wrote:I think Knight Rider would fit in very well on Monday nights with "Chuck" and "Heroes". I think all three shows would compliment each other. They're all in the same sort of genre, but are different enough to appeal to a fairly large audience! :kitt: :good:
But that would make KR go against CBS's comedies,plus I don't have time on Monday nights to watch TV!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

knightdogg
Rookie

Post by knightdogg » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Knight Rider on Sundays at 8pm or 9pm would be great. The only problem with this is Knight Rider would not come on until January or Feburary after the football season ends due to Sunday Night Football.

K2000kid
Operative

Post by K2000kid » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:57 am

I think putting Knight Ridr against Idol was a really bad move
Saturdays 8pm would be best,
Lets hope they move the time slot to see if it does better
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

K2000kid
Operative

Post by K2000kid » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:06 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Yeah but how do you fit three hours of television into two?
Sorry had to chime in but 8pm to 11pm is a three hour chunk

Knight Rider
Heroes
Chuck
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

KittKattBar
Volunteer

Post by KittKattBar » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:47 pm

Wasn't TOS on Sunday nights at 8? Put KR08 on at that time as an homage to the old show.
My next car will be a 2010 Shelby Mustang!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:00 pm

K2000kid wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:Yeah but how do you fit three hours of television into two?
Sorry had to chime in but 8pm to 11pm is a three hour chunk

Knight Rider
Heroes
Chuck

Except Leno has a show now that will be airing at 10PM Monday through Friday, hence my saying "how do you fit three hours into two" because Leno is taking up one of them, there's only two hours to fill. besides that, Knight Rider isn't a 9pm show and Heroes isn't a 10PM show and 10PM would be certain death for either of them anyway.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:33 pm

I think that Monday or Friday will be best even though on Fridays it'll be up against Ghost Whisperer and know House is on Mondays at 8. Sundays wouldn't work because of football and Tuesdays have NCIS and the Biggest Loser. Wednesdays we already know aren't working, Thursdays have CSI, and a lot of people don't watch TV on Saturday. IMO if we do get a day change they also need to get a time change.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:46 pm

A lot of people don't watch TV on Friday nights either, hence why that night is considered a part of being a "death slot".

The days of the TGIF era are long, long gone. It's pretty much Monday-Thursday or bust.