Should KI2T return......

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Should KI2T return......

Post by Vegasmike » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:01 am

Ok say KI2T returns for an episode (or more). Wht kind of enhancements would he have in addition to his regular abilities? I'm thinking along the lines of Bionic Ever After, (when Steve & Jamie finally get married).
Jamie had "a few enhancements" to her original bionics.
Her bionics that were created with 1970's tech, but were able to be upgraded with modern programs and abilities.

Woulden't the same work for KI2T?
Thoughts.... :?:
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dag268
Rookie

Re: Should KI2T return......

Post by dag268 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:01 am

I say leave kitt the way he was when we left him. Possibly in storage, maybe in a museum. The new leader of FLAG needs a new daily driver so KITT comes out of retirement. :kitt:

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:06 am

yes i think knight 2000 should return, but with some cool updated electronic features.
in glen larson we trust.

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:20 am

knightprobe89 wrote:yes i think knight 2000 should return, but with some cool updated electronic features.
What kind of updated features would you like to see?
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:54 am

Vegasmike wrote:
knightprobe89 wrote:yes i think knight 2000 should return, but with some cool updated electronic features.
What kind of updated features would you like to see?
i would keep the dash and the interior the same from season 3 and 4, maybe they could add some new tricks the car could do on top of the things that car can already do just to update things a little bit since its been 23 years.
in glen larson we trust.

Knightfan82
Rookie

Post by Knightfan82 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:26 am

I'd like to see him return as he was when the original show ended- at least at first. Then maybe later give him a few upgrades. If he doesnt make an appearance I would like for someone on the show to explain what happened to him.

Bringing back the original for a two part episode may bring in more fans. You never know.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:13 am

Leave him as is when taken out of storage or whatever, and then they upgrade his Super Pursuit Mode and make it better then before and make it just Pursuit Mode because Super sounds old and tacky and 80's lol.

I really hope he returns!

Joe

punkysdada
Stranger

Post by punkysdada » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:26 pm

I rememeber reading not too long ago that david hasselhof would be appearing in a few episodes, and considering that he is our current mike knights father, i'd like to think they'd bring him in. If and when they do, I would definatly bring Kitt back, with a few modifications, and come back with ole dad. As a kid, I got to sit in KITT at a car show, and on that day, he became my favorite car anywhere!! So bring him back, it would be an awsome way to really pull in the old viewers of that original series, and keep the current ones happy

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:26 pm

If they can bring KITT and Michael back in a way that doesn't scream "Which fanboy retard came up with this?!" then more power to them but I can really only see Michael Knight Sr. returning to play some sort of bit part and not an ongoing role. Procuring the Hoff is very expensive and if he does come back in some sort of official fashion, he will demand a high salary or who knows what else. I think he really only did the cameo to entice the people who might have been running the show (we all know it changed hands after the telemovie) by getting the fans riled up about possibly having him on the new show as a recurring character. Personally, I think it would be kinda interesting to see the old Knight working with the new KITT in some fashion and then maybe (just maybe) roll the old KITT out of storage to serve some logical purpose but not have it be forced to get viewers like the cameo in the telemovie was.

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:38 pm

I’d love to see the old KITT return for a few episodes, but first off, I fear they’d bring him back as a Ford vehicle, but if they brought him back the same as we last saw him, I would NOT want to see Super Pursuit mode, I’ve seen it on Youtube, it looks AWFUL. Especially when they speed up the video to make him look faster, very unrealistic. But on returning, I’d love to see KI2T look the same with maybe a few minor updates to his dashboard, maybe more like the touch-screen displays on Star Trek:The Next Generation but mostly the same options he had in TOS. He should have upgrades that are not immediately visible like top speed approaching or slightly faster than KI3T(a race would be awesome) and maybe the same fuel efficiency as KI3T. His scanners should be better than in TOS, so they reflect the newer technology like KI3t has, full body medical scans(or whatever), internal scans of nearby vehicles, etc, yet, again, without major design changes to the dash. One thing I do NOT want to see is a HUD display for KI2T or transformations of any kind. Also, before the episode arc ends we need to see a KI2T and KI3T one-on-one talk, alone, almost like father and son.

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:44 pm

Another quick idea, though it's almost guaranteed it won't happen, is a return of KI2t right before the Kitt Cave is destroyed(if that's what happens) and sacrificing himself for KI3T to escape. I'd rather see this than KI2T being on display in a museum forever.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:15 pm

I don't want KI2T to come back as a car at all.
I really want it to be that, after KI2Ts run with MKSr, the AI was placed into a super-computer controling guidance systems for war-deads are something vital to the country or world. Remember, KI2T's micro-processor was originally placed in the goverment's mainframe. What if years working under MK KI2T realized he could be of better use being placed in a mainframe where he can excess everything and be a contanst use into the defense of everything he saw and protected as the car shell....
but that's just me.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:57 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:I don't want KI2T to come back as a car at all.
I really want it to be that, after KI2Ts run with MKSr, the AI was placed into a super-computer controling guidance systems for war-deads are something vital to the country or world..
I hadn't considered that idea. Knowing that KITT is essentially eternal, being a very complex computer program, he would tire of being installed in car after car, outlasting them all. Using his human preservation ideals in the way you mentioned would make better use of his programming, much better than entertaining kids at fairs and making appearances at trade shows, assuming he wouldn't go back to going on missions with MK or someone else.

viper_defender
Recruit

Post by viper_defender » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:34 pm

If kitt did come back i'd love to see his technology upgraded like his CRT are now LCD his windshield has a hud as well but keep the manual controls maybe update the buttons a bit keep the sounds they make, and a limited transformation mode would be nice... something subtle like weapons, but keep them physicaly possible, keep kitt a transam but updat the look a bit, new rims for one, some subtle under neon...
Knight Rider 1984
Viper 1994
Knight Rider 2008
Men and Machines that make a Difference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRzKrzXod6Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; See how the Morph!