THE KI3T GPS NOT THE KI2T GPS

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shadowy Flight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

THE KI3T GPS NOT THE KI2T GPS

Post by Shadowy Flight » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:19 am

Hi, does anyone own the promotional KI3T Gps? I think its not as cool as the KI2T GPS, but figured for $100, I bought it on ebay and wow! It can do alot more than the KI2T GPS. Does anyone also have the KI3T GPS? I'm trying to figure out how to turn on Val Kilmer's voice. Anyone know how to do it? I keep getting the girl's voice. You'd think they call it Knight Rider and have at least Kilmer's voice on it. Heck at the point, I'll even settle for Will Arnett
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Re: THE KI3T GPS NOT THE KI2T GPS

Post by chrisjones » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:36 am

You VERY sure it isnt a fake?
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:53 am

Maybe you can put a few picture of it.Maybe someone here can determine if it's fake or not.And I guess there is a possibility it's a fake.eBay has a lot of fake stuff for sale.For example my friends bought a Yu-Gi-Oh Pegasus card a long time ago,and all she got was a cheap fake black and white scan of the card,even though it said on the page that it was real.And by the way,I've never heard of a KI3T GPS.The only KR GPS I've heard of is the MIO KR GPS featuring William Daniel's KITT.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:12 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/Knight-Rider-GPS-Na ... 286.c0.m14
That's interesting. My guess is it's just a normal GPS that they repackaged and had engraved so they could give it out as SWAG.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Shadowy Flight
Rookie

Post by Shadowy Flight » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:08 am

thank you for posting the pictures Sue, yes, that's the one. There's no way its fake. I'm Asian therefore an expert on bootlegging.lol. You'll see my peeps in Chinatown of any city selling stuff on the streets. five dolla five dolla. This is NOT fake. The grammar would be incorrect if it was. So why do "fake" Asian products always have mispellings? Its not because we're from a foreign country, its because our eyes are so small you can blindfold us with dental floss. Sorry am I being racist? Watch the episode called Knight of the Drones again and you'll see I'm not nearly as racist as that episode towards Asians. Lol. Anyway, the GPS is a promo...and everything is written in...Chinese (ironically)!
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:27 pm

http://www.dppcandothat.com/ProductDeta ... SRVC_Id=65

Here is a company, for example, that lets you add a logo to a GPS unit.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Shadowy Flight
Rookie

Post by Shadowy Flight » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:48 pm

Wow, I feel ripped off now. The only Knight rider thing about this GPS unit then is the box itself and the start up screen. The instruction book is also generic. So if anyone's thinking of buying a KI3T GPS...its about as attractive as the KI3T dash. Look at all of those factory buttons! A/C, heater, windows turn signals and radio! Ooooh...and a clock

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:18 pm

I recommend that you report this to the eBay mods as an item scam before it happens to more people.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
Petition #9

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:47 pm

Hm...I don't think you should feel ripped off. It seems like a genuine promotional device, but as such, it naturally wouldn't be as polished in terms of features as a mass production unit. It seems this is more along the lines of the Emmy DVD of the backdoor pilot. If I were you, I'd actually buy another one and never open it. Looks to me that this thing might be worth a pretty penny in the future because of its rareness, even if an ‘official’ version ever comes out. Rareness is what makes things valuable.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:14 pm

Someone brought this up for another auction a month or so back. At the time I asked the people at NBC if they knew about it - and they didn't and said that their lawyers are looking into it. But at the same time one of Mio's contacts said it was a promotional one off piece.

Not sure who to believe, but very sketchy.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:57 pm

neps wrote:Someone brought this up for another auction a month or so back. At the time I asked the people at NBC if they knew about it - and they didn't and said that their lawyers are looking into it. But at the same time one of Mio's contacts said it was a promotional one off piece.

Not sure who to believe, but very sketchy.
I'd probably believe NBC because they're the people who give licensing for products.But I don't know if that is proper advice.Someone please kindly correct me if I'm wrong.
Petition #9

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:28 pm

Looks like a nice piece, no mention anywhere of this though......

hhmmmmmmm.......The plot thickens.....

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:55 pm

Ha I knew that GPS unit was bull----.