Live Discussion Thread: Knight of the Hunter

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Ontario Knight
Operative

Re: Live Discussion Thread: Knight of the Hunter

Post by Ontario Knight » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:21 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
Knight Rider Archive wrote:Chateau Margeaux '86.

Chateau MARGEAUX '86!!!!!!

Could it be??? Could it be that Adrianne MARGEAUX survived Goliath's crash off the cliff, and she and Garthe set up their own winery?!!!! ;)

:lol: If only.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teau_Margaux" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This comment wouldn't surprize me in the least. I still think that the bodies of those two where never found. I think we will see them again... :dash4:

Knight452
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight452 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:34 pm

loved the scream like a liltle girl scene.
Show's Over...Go Home!

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:10 pm

Loved it - getting more like knightrider (82) :kitt: every week -

Keep up the good work guys :good:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:12 pm

Ontario Knight wrote:
This comment wouldn't surprize me in the least. I still think that the bodies of those two where never found. I think we will see them again... :dash4:

I hope not, they both should stay dead, I think that if they were meant to survive they would have returned during the original series. Their bringing Ann Turkel to play another role in a later episode I think only solidifies that intention. Granted I know about the old "no body" rule for TV/Movies/Comics/Ect. But I really do think this is one case where they not only should be dead but bringing either of them back would just be a little too hokey. Garthe having a bastard son or daughter (or both) who go after Mike is too but I think to a less degree.

Knight Rider Archive wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:
:lol: If only.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teau_Margaux" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hehe -- in the episode, they misspell the name "Margaux" as "MargEaux", which is the same spelling as Adrianne ;)

Haha, they did? Well then maybe it was a little bit of an "easter egg" though I doubt it was intentional. Probably just someone in the prop department that either didn't know how to spell it, which isn't too far out there since they've been prone to spelling errors in the past or a legal thing. I do admit, the idea of she and Garthe running a vineyard is rather amusing.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:56 pm

Finally have seen the episode and have to say i really like the way the series is going.

Something strikes me though, this is the 2nd episode in a row WITHOUT murbo loost (sorry zoostory, had to reference you in there...) which was something the original fans were missing from the Feb pilot. However, the way the storyline, action and pace has been built up in the 2 shows meant its taken me until AFTER watching and digesting the fun and suspense to realise.

Thats not to say I don't want to see that kind of thing, I CERTAINLY DO!!!

When comic con was on, we found out that GST and the production crew were about 3 episodes in but I think JB was up to script 5 (which is what we've just seen of course). Knight in Shining Armor (ep 1) was only shown to the public (albeit via the web) a few days later. Our comments and critique of the show, which had already been produced, were taken on board and I think we are now starting to see proof of that.

Gary Scott Thomas (I almost feel he's so close to the board as to call him "Gary...") DID say in that interview to 'bare with them as they tried to get the show right' by which I took to mean the balance between the new mythology/tech and the original myth/tech but also budget constraints and what was/is viable to put to the small screen....

Hopefully I will be repeating the next line of my post for the next 17 weeks (skipping the election week...and my 30th!!! :o ))

LOVED THIS EPISODE, It is Knight Rider for the next generation. It is, quite rightly, NOT trying to painstakingly recreate the original and why should it?

Times have changed.

I think it's been the first episode (correct me if i'm wrong) to NOT use the words "national" and "security".

It was starting to feel like a bizarre 'sessame st ' show where each episode was "brought to you by the words: National and Security..."

Roll on ep 6! :lol:

TheGHOSTMAN 007
Recruit

Post by TheGHOSTMAN 007 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:13 am

pheonix_knight wrote:LOVED THIS EPISODE, It is Knight Rider for the next generation. It is, quite rightly, NOT trying to painstakingly recreate the original and why should it?

Times have changed.

Well said and I agree completely. Although it is not trying to "painstakingly recreate" the original, I think it is definitely honoring the original.

With this episode I am now very pleased with the new show and feel the (hopefully multiple) season set(s) will fit in nice with my original 4.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:54 am

I re-watched this episode again tonight, and it certainly seems that things are coming together int he way they should.

I got a good look at the HUD in this episode, with all the instrumentation along the bottom of the window, as well as the general dash and I have to say the plain dash is growing on me, although I still think the center console would be kewl.

There where 3 things in this episode which (for some reason) pulled me out of the show becasue they seemed odd to me.

First one was the "scream like a little girl" we see them both pushed back in their seats as Kitt took off, but then the outside shot didn't look particularly fast at all, which made me wonder what she was screaming about? Maybe that's a visual effect they need to work on.

My second "out of show" moment was the "nude scene". First off.. do we need a skin scene in every episode? Can't the writers use good writing to hook an audience instead of mindless titillation? It kind of detracts from what the show can be. Who ever keeps writing and/or ordering those scenes needs a smack up side the head with a hard covered version of "how to write good TV shows".

And the third thing, and this is the one that pulled me right out of the show... where did Kitt's missiles come from? are they hidden in the doors? How can Kitt make missiles, with chemical fuels and explosives? PLEASE tell me they're not trying to explain that away with nanotech.

Anyway, in spite of those 3 little moments of reality, this was the best episode yet and I hope the show continues down this path.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:29 am

Mike K wrote:Loved it - getting more like knightrider (82) :kitt: every week -

Umm.. The original Knight Rider did not began in'82 but about in '84 or or '86 as I recall. During '82 the show that I recall being aired is great american hero you know with the suit that allowed him to fly and have superman kind of powers sorta... :lol:

But yes this episode really came the closest to how the original show was for certain. I like how KITTs personality is developing and how much he seems to care now for both Mike and Sarah. It was nice of KITT to show Sarah that Mike did not end up doing the wild thing with the hot british spy chick because he cares for her and KITT even went as far as wishing Sarah a Happy Birthday and went along for a joy ride with them inside. Also this episode finally shows that KITT can seriously whoop arse if necesary when it brought those rocket launchers in attack mode. Now nobody can deny the new KITT is the king of the road! :mrgreen: :good: :mrgreen:

EDIT: It took nearly a week to be able to log on this site, the server you guys have suck!

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:22 am

There were problems in this episode....

1)Mike picks up a fight with the bad guys by snatching one of the guys chips packet as if he is some THUG.The other guys could have kicked his ass easily on the spot.But preferred to leave! Now that is unacceptable.

2)Mike wasn't tortured the way he should have been,instead Mr. Cooperton tells them to stop and brings him for questioning and Mike convinces him without much difficulty.

3)When you are new to a place,ppl always watch over you.It's a basic fact instead Mike preferred to sneak in starts searching stuff in Cooperton's tent.No matter how good you are you don't do that on day one.

4)The Cassandra lady has been there for months and i am pretty sure she must be aware about each and everything regarding the security meaning the cameras and stuff and their placement as well.She is talking to Mike without being aware she is being watched!

5)The scene when the are near the edge of the cliff was a stretch.Then there was this usual skin scene.I know Mike's a perv.Didn't like the scream girl scene.Sure it's a nod to the TOS but doesn't look good these days.

6)The most annoying scenes in the entire episode were 2 scenes.The scene where Billy and Sarah play the "elimination" game or AKA "Rock Paper Scissors" type of thing while deciding which wire to cut.KITT is so damn advanced and has a lot of knowledge why didn't he assist Mike in the decision to cut which wire? Followed by the most ridiculous scene where he cuts the wire and a second was left to explode.Then you see they "YEAH" expression from the members at SSC who are highly trained professional.Stupid.

7)As correctly pointed out by a fellow member,where did those rocket launchers emerge from? The door region?Although the rocket scene looked cool but still didn't make sense they'd come from the doors and notice the flaw when one of the LAMBO doors are opened you actually see 2 rocket launchers on one door as opposed to one on each side at the time of firing.

8)The whole Zoe training Billy was lame as usual.

Good thing is that it had TOS elements.Did like the Kitt replacing it's damaged IC.Rocket launchers were cool.Transformation to the Attack mode looked neat.The transformation to Truck Mode was very bad.Flat colours and looks like it had lightning issues in that shot.The best Truck mode transformation for me was the one in the 2nd episode.Did like KITT wishing Sarah on her birthday and Mike taking her on date.This is the 2nd best episode so far (Hard day's knight being the best).

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:58 am

PunkMaister wrote:

Umm.. The original Knight Rider did not began in'82 but about in '84 or or '86 as I recall. During '82 the show that I recall being aired is great american hero you know with the suit that allowed him to fly and have superman kind of powers sorta... :lol:
I think you will find it Aired Between: 26th September 1982 – 8th August 1986 :D
I watched it when it aired way back when.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:20 pm

PunkMaister wrote:

WIKIPEDIA wrote:Knight Rider is an American television series that originally ran from September 26, 1982, to August 8, 1986
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:03 pm

I LOVED THIS EPISODE! It was funny action packed its like the original knight rider series but the negative point of this series is the love romance between mike & sara please stop this please l'ets put sara out of mike & kitt :kitt:

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:32 pm

PunkMaister wrote:Umm.. The original Knight Rider did not began in'82 but about in '84 or or '86 as I recall.
The first episode of Knight rider aired Sept 26 1982 :roll:
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KnightRider88
Stranger

Post by KnightRider88 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:55 am

I cannot believe you guys actually like this awful show. Little Micky Knight gets bailed out every week by Sarah. If I wanted to watch The OC or The Hills I'd watch them. This is the worst show I've ever seen. I like KITT but, other than KITT this show definitely has set a new low. I'm officially out. I can't take another week of Sarah and her whining. Billy....what a waste of film and episode time. And Zoe...the Asian sensation isn't even worth speaking about. Awful characters, characters that don't even need to be in the show. Bruening...bleeech.

Where are writers going to go when they finally put Knight and Sarah together b/c you know that's coming. Are they going to have little Micky and Sarah working together ALL the time? Its sickening enough now. Like I said, I cannot believe you guys actually like this stuff. To each their own. I hope NBC stops beating a dead horse and cancels this show before its get any more embarrassing. It's already reached a high cringe level.
Last edited by Matthew on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I've edited this post to remove a specific piece of extremely offensive content. - Matt

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:07 pm

I can't help noticing those that post unpleasant comments about the new KR series, are relative
newcomers to these forums with very low post counts. The poster in question "KnightRider88",
judging by that username, I'd assume is only about 20 yrs old, and is therefore too young to
remember the original show, except maybe in syndicated re-runs during the 90's.

And to be honest, while some people may find the Zoe character in the new series annoying
to some degree, referring to her as a "little slutty runt" is highly offensive and unacceptable.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:08 pm

DJGM wrote:I can't help noticing those that post unpleasant comments about the new KR series, are relative
newcomers to these forums with very low post counts. The poster in question "KnightRider88",
judging by that username, I'd assume is only about 20 yrs old, and is therefore too young to
remember the original show, except maybe in syndicated re-runs during the 90's.

And to be honest, while some people may find the Zoe character in the new series annoying
to some degree, referring to her as a "little slutty runt" is highly offensive and unacceptable.

Im inclined to agree with you, there is zero need for offensive comments, although people have there own opinions of the show and I respect that, if they dont like it then thats fine,there's no need to make remarks like that though.

That said, why are so many negative comments posted, mostly containing the same rants? "I hate this" "I hate that" "Kr2008 sucks", for the life of me I just cant figure out who the person is who's forcing them to watch it with a gun pointed at their heads?

Makes no sense to me at all.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:15 pm

KnightRider88 wrote: And Zoe...the Asian sensation isn't even worth speaking about.
Great edit, Love It! :D

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:22 pm

KnightRider88 wrote:Like I said, I cannot believe you guys actually like this stuff. To each their own. I hope NBC stops beating a dead horse and cancels this show before its get any more embarrassing. It's already reached a high cringe level.
And I am tired of newbies coming in here just to slam the show or act like those of us who enjoy the program shouldn't be having fun with it (talk about your dead horses). Offer constructive criticism and you'd distinguish your post from the dozens of other guys who joined just to complain and then vanish a week or so later.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:28 pm

goldbug wrote: And I am tired of newbies coming in here just to slam the show or act like those of us who enjoy the program shouldn't be having fun with it (talk about your dead horses). Offer constructive criticism and you'd distinguish your post from the dozens of other guys who joined just to complain and then vanish a week or so later.

:good:

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:51 am

I've seen this happening elsewhere and it's inevitable. People care enough to watch, get frustrated (whether they really have a reason or not is irrelevant) and then come here to vent and then disappear. The phenomenon will die down in time.

I can deal with them. When it comes to hatred toward the show, it's two other things that annoy the hell out of me; one is the bashing of the show based on the original series or -worse- people's fond, nostalgic memories of it (I was watching Knight Rider, before I could actually read the subtitles, but in retrospect it's not nearly as good- it's just fun). The other, which downright pisses me off is the smear campaign to cancel the show, as if that will have a positive outcome for anyone. If the show is canceled, it's not like there will be a Knight Rider show for a lo-o-o-ong time to come. Those of us who like the show, will be robbed from 40 minutes of weekly escapism. Even Larson's movie, if it is finally finished before cars are obsolete in Western societies, cannot benefit from the franchise's latest failed attempt to launch. So, what gives?

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:12 am

Hi eveyone.... This is my first post ever... Have been lurking since Feb. and finally got the courage to get a name and join. :oops:

I have been looking forward to the new Knight Rider Series for a long time now. And I am glad to say that I have not been disappointed by any means.

I do agree that this latest episode has been the best for me and am looking forward to the DVD release even before the episodes have been taped even.

I am sad that I have to wait an extra week longer for the new one but that will just make me want it more. :P
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:08 am

My_Friend_KITT wrote:Hi eveyone.... This is my first post ever... Have been lurking since Feb. and finally got the courage to get a name and join. :oops:

I have been looking forward to the new Knight Rider Series for a long time now. And I am glad to say that I have not been disappointed by any means.

I do agree that this latest episode has been the best for me and am looking forward to the DVD release even before the episodes have been taped even.

I am sad that I have to wait an extra week longer for the new one but that will just make me want it more. :P
Hi There! and welcome to KRO!

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:08 pm

Hi Weeezl......Thank You for the sceernsavers....I haven't had the time to install them but plan on that.....

And I LOVED it!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:05 pm

My_Friend_KITT wrote:Hi Weeezl......Thank You for the sceernsavers....I haven't had the time to install them but plan on that.....
Youre welcome! :good:

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:01 pm

I know that this has been brought up previously, but.....

Does KITT still have the program of "preservation of human life"?

I know that in the first episode, he Nearly crashed through the doors of the KITTCave to save Mike and Sarah but was he the one that suggested the "assasination" of the Tech of Tomarrow CEO and also did he not consider the Shappnel factor of the missle exploding the Hummer.

Is the program now focused on the protection of the Human Life that he is programmed to know? :?

And I LOVED it!