SAY WHAT?! Jack Harkness in KR2008?!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tiogaw
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

SAY WHAT?! Jack Harkness in KR2008?!

Post by Tiogaw » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Torchwood/Doctor Who fans, this outfit look familiar? LOL

Zoe: Who are you supposed to be?
Billy: Captain Jack Harkness.
Zoe: Yeah, in your dreams.
Micheal: You are about as much fun as a divorce. Which isn't a bad idea!
KITT: I want custody of me!

neps
Site Administrator

Re: SAY WHAT?! Jack Harkness in KR2008?!

Post by neps » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:34 pm

Can someone explain to a non torchwood fan like myself, why is this a big deal?

We have some footage of Billy in costume here: http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/ ... lusive.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and a small clip to come of him talking about his costume.

calhoun24
Recruit

Post by calhoun24 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:38 pm

Torchwood is only shown here on BBC America, so if you've seen the show, or even know of the show, then it's an added treat.

That, and when Halloween comes around, you expect to see the usual suspects, like Superman, Batman, or in this year's case The Joker. To have Billy come in as Jack shows that the producers are fans as well.

Now if we can get Zoe to dress up like Gwen Cooper... :D

That and I think Billy could actually pull of The Tenth Doctor better... ;)
"One man can make a difference." - Wilton Knight
Long live Wilton's dream and F.L.A.G.!

Tiogaw
Volunteer

Post by Tiogaw » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:42 pm

neps wrote:Can someone explain to a non torchwood fan like myself, why is this a big deal?

We have some footage of Billy in costume here: http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/ ... lusive.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and a small clip to come of him talking about his costume.
It's just funny. GST has talked about Torchwood a bit. (if I remember correctly) And some have noticed similiaries between TW and KR. Mostly small stuff that people who are not fans of Torchwood would notice.

And it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture. I'm not really a fan of Torchwood, myself. I just watch it for Jack. 8B
calhoun24 wrote:However, I think he could actually pull of The Tenth Doctor better... ;)
That would be great. lol
Micheal: You are about as much fun as a divorce. Which isn't a bad idea!
KITT: I want custody of me!

HyperCaz
Rookie

Post by HyperCaz » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:23 pm

oh I hope they don't try to make it like Torchwood, absolute. That aside, it is amusing to see Billy as Jack! :D
BEWARE: shipper alert

Spidey323
Recruit

Post by Spidey323 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:33 pm

I still like Tom Baker as Dr. Who...he was the best one!
"With great power comes great responsibility - we all have the power to choose, and the choices we make define who we are, and who we will become."

Samborghini
Rookie

Post by Samborghini » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:54 pm

Ok TORCHWOOD is the spin off show from the popular British show Doctor Who, there is a Wikipedia entry here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torchwood" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and the official TORCHWOOD site here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Protecting the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:19 am

TORCHWOOD, before becoming a spin off TV show was the anagram used to disquise video tapes of Doctor Who when they were sent through the post, prior to airing...

Jack Harkness is an American sounding character in the show, although the actor is apparently originally Scottish...

I see no reason why the Doctor couldnt have an accent other than one from England...

triran
Rookie

Post by triran » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:29 am

pheonix_knight wrote:TORCHWOOD, before becoming a spin off TV show was the anagram used to disquise video tapes of Doctor Who when they were sent through the post, prior to airing...

Jack Harkness is an American sounding character in the show, although the actor is apparently originally Scottish...

I see no reason why the Doctor couldnt have an accent other than one from England...
You are getting the actors / Characters confused.

Dr Who played by Dave Tennet is Scottish

John Barrowman who plays John Harkness is also Scottish born in Glasgow, Scotland, and raised in Joliet, Illinois

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:43 am

pheonix_knight wrote:TORCHWOOD, before becoming a spin off TV show was the anagram used to disquise video tapes of Doctor Who when they were sent through the post, prior to airing...
So when they film episodes of Torchwood, do you reckon they disguise the rushes tapes by writing "DOCTOR WHO" on them? :lol:

I can seriously think of a multitude of series that I'd rather the KR producers draw influence from rather than Torchwood.

It really just isn't, well, very good.

madmanmalk
Recruit

Post by madmanmalk » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:41 am

let me clear this up, he wearing what seems to be the iconic coat of Jack Hartness who plays a charming handsome alien fighter who cannot die anyway possible, he started on Doctor who but got his own show called tourchwood inwhich he leads a team of people to search out alien phenomenon.

maybe they'll turn the Kitt Cave into a Tourchwood site?
:good: :good: :good:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:34 pm

here is a funny clip of Paul Campbell talking about portraying Jack Harkness

http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/ ... ostume.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:39 pm

calhoun24 wrote:Torchwood is only shown here on BBC America, so if you've seen the show, or even know of the show, then it's an added treat.

That, and when Halloween comes around, you expect to see the usual suspects, like Superman, Batman, or in this year's case The Joker. To have Billy come in as Jack shows that the producers are fans as well.

Now if we can get Zoe to dress up like Gwen Cooper... :D

That and I think Billy could actually pull of The Tenth Doctor better... ;)
Yeah, if he wants to score points with me, THAT'S who he should try for. I kind of like Captain jack, but can't get into Torchwood to save my life.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:10 am

Billy as Torchwood's Jack and Zoe as Heroes' Claire. Shows you what the writers are watching huh?
Next let's hope someone doesn't try to potray Smallville's Clark (or Billy trying to potray Jimmy Olsen?)
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:08 pm

Who would be Clark and would they just walk around with a dopey look on their face, possibly holding back tears while having the mental capacity of a mentally challenged chimp?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: