What kind of wacky transformation will we get next?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: What kind of wacky transformation will we get next?

Post by weeezl » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:05 pm

:)
Attachments
ICECREAM.jpg
ICECREAM.jpg (124.3 KiB) Viewed 12944 times

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:25 pm

:)
Attachments
KITTKA.jpg
KITTKA.jpg (47.13 KiB) Viewed 13008 times

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:43 pm

Garthe Knight wrote:The new show is growing on me, I really like most of it.
But the transformation thing... no, I cannot believe that. It's not just the body, the whole interior changes, the dash, the seat the driver is sitting nn...
And in the first episode, when Mike and Sarah jumped on the truck, then KITT transformed and they are put in the seats... oh come on.
That and the really really reeeaaallly bad looking attack mode are the biggest problems I have with the show.

Make KITT use holograms as disguise, this would be fine. And believable.

Okay now the problem with holgrams is ITS NOT REAL! some person could come up to it touch and see their ahnd go through than KITT and Mike are screwd SO in fact Transformations are better
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:45 pm

Now im going to make this clear if you do not like KITT transforming than simply don't watch the show!

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:58 pm

_K3000_ wrote:Now im going to make this clear if you do not like KITT transforming than simply don't watch the show!
Wouldn't it be better to fix the things that aren't working and have a show that lasts the distance, rather than arrogantly saying "if you don't like it don't watch it" and have the show canceled before it make it's first full season?
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:01 pm

_K3000_ wrote:Now im going to make this clear if you do not like KITT transforming than simply don't watch the show!
But it is the show is cancelled has cause of bad audiences do not say that we prevented you because the way of rhe show is bad is not knight rider legacy the transformation mode & the bad story killed this show week after week It is good to improved the car i agree with you but It is not necessary to exaggerated i know this is modern sequel of the original show But it is necessary so kept the original concept a 1men with his super talking car fighting the criminal above the low :kitt: :good:

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:31 pm

youbelong wrote:
But it is the show is cancelled has cause of bad audiences do not say that we prevented you because the way of rhe show is bad is not knight rider legacy the transformation mode & the bad story killed this show week after week It is good to improved the car i agree with you but It is not necessary to exaggerated i know this is modern sequel of the original show But it is necessary so kept the original concept a 1men with his super talking car fighting the criminal above the low :kitt: :good:
The only thing I can really say here is basically, you're right.
It's nt the Knight Rider that you knew.
This is a completely new Knight Rider with a new concept and a new way of getting things done.

The original survived at the time cause it focused on things the people of the country at THAT time in the world liked when they watched TV. That was escapism for the 80s.

This is a show purely based in the concepts of this decade.

They are 2 different things, and I believe firmly they should stay that way.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:39 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:
youbelong wrote:
The only thing I can really say here is basically, you're right.
It's nt the Knight Rider that you knew.
This is a completely new Knight Rider with a new concept and a new way of getting things done.

The original survived at the time cause it focused on things the people of the country at THAT time in the world liked when they watched TV. That was escapism for the 80s.

This is a show purely based in the concepts of this decade.

They are 2 different things, and I believe firmly they should stay that way.
Thank You for pointing that out. I agree with all of your points. :good: :kitt2:

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Here's a or two question. Storyline wise can KITT transform into NON-Ford vechiles. And if he can't what's the (storyline) reason for it. I mean if they were going undercover as a police car were all the cars are Impala's what would happen?

Mike: Kitt transform into a Impala police car.
Kitt: I'm sorry Mike but, you know I'm only programed to change into Ford vechiles.

And if he can only transform into Ford vechiles does he only transform into current Ford models or can he change into classic Ford's. Cause I would like to see him transform into '68 Shelby GT350 or a '56 Thunderbird.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:29 pm

EdwardKnoxII wrote:Here's a or two question. Storyline wise can KITT transform into NON-Ford vechiles. And if he can't what's the (storyline) reason for it. I mean if they were going undercover as a police car were all the cars are Impala's what would happen?
I can answer you question but i can point out a flaw that would leave your question answerless.....
Why would the writers, knowing they can only use ford cars, bother to write a scene where there car's that are Impala's? Hmmmm :lol:
Put the word out!

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:34 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote: I can answer you question but i can point out a flaw that would leave your question answerless.....
Why would the writers, knowing they can only use ford cars, bother to write a scene where there car's that are Impala's? Hmmmm :lol:
Hey I just want to know if he can change into non Ford cars. Don't care about the scene as long as they show it. :P

n1elkyfan
Recruit

Post by n1elkyfan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:41 pm

Could Yes Would No. Its like saying just because you can walk up to your boss and slap him in the face would you

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:50 pm

n1elkyfan wrote:Could Yes Would No. Its like saying just because you can walk up to your boss and slap him in the face would you
Depending on the boss. Yes, yes I would. Then walk like hell. :P

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:02 pm

EdwardKnoxII wrote:
Faithful Car KRO wrote: I can answer you question but i can point out a flaw that would leave your question answerless.....
Hey I just want to know if he can change into non Ford cars. Don't care about the scene as long as they show it. :P
I dont think KITT will turn into anything but Ford cars because Ford is the one who is paying the money for this show and basically if it wasnt for Ford we wouldnt have Knight Rider right now cause none of the other car companies wanted to invest in KR.
Put the word out!

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:11 pm

Rockatteer wrote:Wouldn't it be better to fix the things that aren't working and have a show that lasts the distance, rather than arrogantly saying "if you don't like it don't watch it" and have the show canceled before it make it's first full season?
The thing is, no one has yet to explain on this board or elsewhere why the transformation makes the show bad? I have seen people use the argument over and over that it's not "realistic". But they're so ready to accept nanites that can change the color of a car or a fully functioning AI in the 80's, which, to me are just as unrealistic as a transforming car. I do not understand why people are so willing to accept certain scifi aspects and not others.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:21 pm

goldbug wrote:
Rockatteer wrote:Wouldn't it be better to fix the things that aren't working and have a show that lasts the distance, rather than arrogantly saying "if you don't like it don't watch it" and have the show canceled before it make it's first full season?
The thing is, no one has yet to explain on this board or elsewhere why the transformation makes the show bad? I have seen people use the argument over and over that it's not "realistic". But they're so ready to accept nanites that can change the color of a car or a fully functioning AI in the 80's, which, to me are just as unrealistic as a transforming car. I do not understand why people are so willing to accept certain scifi aspects and not others.
simple strange math-

old scifi that is outdated with concepts based in the past is viewed as knight rider.

new scifi that is going beyond what people can set their minds around is not viewed as knight rider, for some reason..

You would think that transformtions would be the natural progression with KI2T, as the technology would improve and expanded, that it would be applied to it.

And something i just thought about---- What if FLAG helped design the new nanoskin for the simple fact that they could not use the MBS any more and when the nano technology came around they snapped that up so kitt would be up to date and even more powerful.
Put the word out!

ShadowKnight006
Recruit

Post by ShadowKnight006 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:16 pm

You know the transformations are starting to grow on me....I was going to to say ..."but would I want a car that can transform? NO!" Then I thought about all the crap my wife has INSISTED would fit in her Accord and you know what? I WOULD WANT A SPORTS CAR THAT CAN TURN INTO A TRUCK OR VAN WHEN I NEED IT!!!! LOL

Maybe if they just don't rely on the transformations so much.
Looking for TKR!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:29 am

weeezl wrote::)Image
Aww you are so cute, I could just pinch your little fenders.

I vote for this one.
kittconvertible.jpg
kittconvertible.jpg (192.39 KiB) Viewed 13634 times
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

ken3000
Volunteer

Post by ken3000 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:10 am

weeezl wrote:A Trans-Am? :D

this is the best idea ever. :D I had no problem attack mode but attack mode needs more speed and wind effects like a plot episode.Van and truck mode horribe and most times that modes useless.Only first episode "kitt no time for stop..." part makes sense.But the second episode truck mode works only 10-20 seconds and road isn't real off-road kitt must able to pass that climb in normal mode.And the cop car thing actually I don't hate because that scene damn funny.

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:39 am

My only real issue with the transformations, aside from an inherent dislike I seem to have about them, is that it can make the whole thing a little too convenient. Like this week; the police car thing was in fact cute, but when in th future, KITT will be -possibly- chased by the police, all he'll have to do is lose them long enough to transform into a cop car.

That's my only logical beef with the transformations. Other than that, I just generally dislike the idea. Still nothing to make me drop the show, though.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:24 am

ken3000 wrote:
weeezl wrote:A Trans-Am? :D

this is the best idea ever. :D I had no problem attack mode but attack mode needs more speed and wind effects like a plot episode.Van and truck mode horribe and most times that modes useless.Only first episode "kitt no time for stop..." part makes sense.But the second episode truck mode works only 10-20 seconds and road isn't real off-road kitt must able to pass that climb in normal mode.And the cop car thing actually I don't hate because that scene damn funny.
Heh, I meant that as a joke, I really wouldnt like to see KI3T turn into a Trans-Am, it just wouldnt be right.

I would like to see the Trans-Am next to KI3T, then again who would'nt?

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:29 am

Weezl was that the return of KAar in your pic???

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:30 am

Sue wrote:
weeezl wrote::)Image
Aww you are so cute, I could just pinch your little fenders.

I vote for this one.
kittconvertible.jpg
He is a cutey! :D

Dunno where the convertible pic has gone? but I have a sneaky feeling we might see it on screen at some point!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:49 am

pheonix_knight wrote:Weezl was that the return of KAar in your pic???
Hehe, good idea!

Cute K.A.r.r. :D
Attachments
KARR_KA.jpg
KARR_KA.jpg (35.5 KiB) Viewed 12663 times

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:51 pm

weeezl wrote::)
:lol: LAWL :lol: That would leave a lot of disapointed kids when they find out he has no icecream, unless he can make some in his onboard digital fabricator. But if that's the case Michael would not even need to stop for a meal,he would just go "KITT make me a Tuna sandwich or a pizza without anchoves..." :mrgreen:
Anyhow as long as he does not trasform into an IPOD it will be fine.... :good: