What happened to....

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Slayer2004
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What happened to....

Post by Slayer2004 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:29 pm

Hi Everyone, SO far I really feel that too many people are obsessed with putting shows down, its all I see on forums, not much in the way of constructive critacism and more just put downs. I just wanted to say that I think they are doing an excellent job on something which was never gonna be easy. But I do have a couple of niggling wonders.
1. In the new series pilot they had a new gull wing designed steering wheel, the new series does not, any thoughts?
2. Although this is probably a better way to do it, why does Kitt need to be in attack mode to do turbo boost?
3. Why such a change to attack mode, I understand aerodynamics, and that the wedge shape assists for speed, that I am fine with but the supercharger style at the front etc? Again, I am not unhappy about it, but continuitywise, the Knight 2000 was able to reach drastic speed in normal form which the Knight 3000 doesnt seem to wthout Attack Mode being active
4. Last one, the Knight 3000 doesnt seem to be able to take a pounding in a sense, if KITT is that strong why would tranforming from Attack Mode to Normal in mid air cause a structural problem when they landed if even in normal mode the car is meant to be almost indestructable, The Knight 2000 used to do Turbo boost in normal mode and land without a problem (even flew off a cliff and still was in a fair condition).

As I say am not complaining, I think the new series is mint, but they have a few unanswered q's (maybe KITT is not finished yet??) Anyone care to have a go at giving it some thought. Please no negative comments either, lets keep this topic on a positive note and show the series creators (shoudl they read this) that we love the show old and new and want to help and not hinder.
Slayer2004 - Life, an infinate energy beyond scientific understanding....

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Re: What happened to....

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:45 pm

Slayer2004 wrote:
1. In the new series pilot they had a new gull wing designed steering wheel, the new series does not, any thoughts?
It allows for greater control when KITT is being driven by various drivers
Slayer2004 wrote: 2. Although this is probably a better way to do it, why does Kitt need to be in attack mode to do turbo boost?

3. Why such a change to attack mode, I understand aerodynamics, and that the wedge shape assists for speed, that I am fine with but the supercharger style at the front etc? Again, I am not unhappy about it, but continuitywise, the Knight 2000 was able to reach drastic speed in normal form which the Knight 3000 doesnt seem to wthout Attack Mode being active
From GST has said, so far, the use of Attack Mode helps with speed but it also allows for one of his favourite 'set pieces' borrowed from F&F where the viewer is taken inside the engine to the mechanics, this isnt possible on the standard car as there's no 'oversized intakes' on the bonnet, this technique particularly applies to 'murbo loost...'
Slayer2004 wrote: 4. Last one, the Knight 3000 doesnt seem to be able to take a pounding in a sense, if KITT is that strong why would tranforming from Attack Mode to Normal in mid air cause a structural problem when they landed if even in normal mode the car is meant to be almost indestructable, The Knight 2000 used to do Turbo boost in normal mode and land without a problem (even flew off a cliff and still was in a fair condition).
With so many parts moving, KITT knew that he would not be fully transformed upon landing which is what led to the car not being 'balanced enough' (for want of a better phrase) to withstand the force of a ton vehicle suddenly being dropped 15ft, hence the malfunction
Slayer2004 wrote:they have a few unanswered q's (maybe KITT is not finished yet??)
KITT IS NOT finished yet, KITT is constantly learning (although i wish they wouldnt keep saying it every episode but thats not a major niggle) and being upgraded

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: What happened to....

Post by Rockatteer » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:04 am

Slayer2004 wrote:4. Last one, the Knight 3000 doesnt seem to be able to take a pounding in a sense, if KITT is that strong why would tranforming from Attack Mode to Normal in mid air cause a structural problem when they landed if even in normal mode the car is meant to be almost indestructable, The Knight 2000 used to do Turbo boost in normal mode and land without a problem (even flew off a cliff and still was in a fair condition).
The strength of the Nano skin (and I presume nano-skeleton) is controlled by Kitt's processors. The transformation obviously uses a fair amount of Kitt's processors to work, so he know that he wouldn't be able to divert enough processor to increasing (or maintaining) the strength of the cars body if he was still processing the transformation.

Just like in the first episode, Kitt couldn't increase his speed and maintain the cooling and protection from the fire on his outer skin. He can't transform and maintain optimum structural strength, which does kind of make sense, if things are moving around and changing shape, they aren't going to be at their optimum usability.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;