The HAPPY Topic! (no rants, no haters, just happy thoughts)

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The HAPPY Topic! (no rants, no haters, just happy thoughts)

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:44 am

I decided to make this for all the people here who loved or liked the first episode and are glad we finally have an awesome Knight Rider back on TV, with real stars in it, great acting, talented XF team and a executive producer who loved the original and has put us on a path that might allow us to see Mike Knight Sr and KI2T.
I'm kinda tired how most of these topics get hi-jacked by people like VK, FX23, kitt34 to name a few.
This is a topic for happy thoughts. For those who like things as is and are tired of being told this show should be cancelled and that KI3T should be a Camero or some non-existant GM car. I know there are people who just want a happy place to say awesome things...

....And if people try to hi-jack this topic, please ignore and continue the happy party!!
Who's with me?
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Re: The HAPPY Topic! (no rants, no haters, just happy thoughts)

Post by Kaine » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:25 am

while i think the first episode wasn't perfect i see great potential with the new series and i'm gladly giving it a chance to prove that to me. can't wait for tomorrow's new episode!

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:41 am

..The second episode coming tomorrow will determine if I can be happy with the reboot series or not.

HyperCaz
Rookie

Post by HyperCaz » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:03 am

Val Kilmer has a sexy voice. :roll: I would watch just to hear him.
BEWARE: shipper alert

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:06 am

I like the new voice box/globe, because of the classic elements in it. And I like the hero car.
The story has potential and some interesting elements, it's no question that I will tune in.
I also hope that I will like it.

KR4Life
Recruit

Post by KR4Life » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:05 am

I'm looking forward to being able to sit down and turn off my mind for an hour. They just DON'T make good/bad TV like this anymore!!

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:14 am

I really enjoyed the February movie and "A Knight in Shining Armor". I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's ep as it features some "Fast and the Furious" type car action (something KR is a perfect series to showcase).
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:33 pm

Can't wait for tomorrow to come sooner! Bring on the second episode and let the fun continue! :good:
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:54 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:
I'm kinda tired how most of these topics get hi-jacked by people

....And if people try to hi-jack this topic, please ignore and continue the happy party!!
Who's with me?
I HATED IT, KNIGHT RIDER SUCKS IT WAS SO DREADFUL IT MADE ME WANNA BLOW CHUNKS!Image

:lol: Ah sorry could'nt resist!

I absouloutly loved it! Very impressive first episode, great action, great FX! :good:

I'm really looking forward to seeing more episodes, tomorrows one looks like it could be reminicent of the original, really the truth is its switch youself off fun TV, something lacking on TV nowadays.

Welcome back Knight Rider! :good:

Spidey323
Recruit

Post by Spidey323 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:43 pm

I thought the 2-hour movie was great, and I was counting down the months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and even seconds to the series premiere...which was fantastic! I'm already a huge fan of KITT's Attack Mode, it really reminds me of the old super-pursuit mode. I also like how KITT transforms into his various modes, instead of just "melting" from one form to another. I'm glad that turbo boost is back too.
I really like how the characters are fresh, as in we're going to have to wait and watch to see how each character evolves, and how they're all going to interact with each other. The rapport that Michael and KITT have is different from what the original Michael and KITT had, but that's what I like about it. I'm finally excited about TV again, thanks to this show! I can't wait for tomorrow's episode! Keep up the good work!! :good:
"With great power comes great responsibility - we all have the power to choose, and the choices we make define who we are, and who we will become."

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:47 pm

I can't wait for it either,mainly because I missed the first episode because of my Back to School (k)night,but I'll watch it this time around!I can't wait! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:11 pm

I can not remember a time in my adult life counting down days for a television show to come back on. Its like being in the fifth grade again! I hope each week gets better and better.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:56 pm

kitt2k wrote:I can not remember a time in my adult life counting down days for a television show to come back on. Its like being in the fifth grade again! I hope each week gets better and better.
I know exactly what you mean!
And after watching those 2 preview clips for tonights episode, I'm more than happy that this show is around.
Amazing work from everyone involved!

A question to haters...why do you hate Knight Rider so much?
Cause it seems that if you dont like this series, then you should probably hate the original more.
It makes no sense.
Put the word out!

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:34 pm

^^ That's always a legitimate question that's more than often ignored. Last February, I hated the pilot. Worse than I ever hated TKR. Worse than I hated few things I've seen on TV. I thought it was that bad.

But in all honesty, I'd be blind not to see the steps forward they're trying to take with the actual show. So, I don't find a reason not to stick around long enough to see if it draws me in the long term.

Tiogaw
Volunteer

Post by Tiogaw » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:43 pm

First off, thanks for this topic. I really needed it after reading about 3 or 4 negative topics.

Second, like any show just starting, I can see a couple things that either need to be fixed/ changed or gotten rid of completely. However, cause this is a Happy topic, I can also see a lot of potential. Like with Star Trek (not going to say Voyager) The Next Generation, I had seen all but the first season. So what was my reaction when I saw the very first TNG episode?

"What the HECK is up with those collarless uniforms?!!" And I physically cringed. I did the same after seeing the KR letters on the underside of KI3T. So, what's the point I'm trying to make? And this is going out to both haters and lovers alike:

It may get better. It may not. But you'll never know if you don't give it a chance. The New KR may end up surprising you... in a good way.

Tiogaw [DJ]
Micheal: You are about as much fun as a divorce. Which isn't a bad idea!
KITT: I want custody of me!

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:31 pm

gah, i need this place for happy thoughts again. All the bad things people are saying again are getting to me.
This was the stongest episode yet.
We got to see alot of charactor prgression with the tech team.
Mike and KI3Ts relationship is getting closer. KI3T knowing when to stop talking about Mike's relationship with Sarah and just saying goodnight shows that KI3T is starting to understand human emtions better. Plus the water gun fight were awesome.

Le sigh...
Put the word out!

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:29 am

The new KR wants you to appreciate everything is has. From the Turbo Boost, to the operatives in the SSC. I'm liking what everything stands for now....ughh, it took me THREE long agonizing weeks lol. I wish I could just watch one after another, like every other series I get into (House, Lost), because I wait for those shows to go to DVD or for the season to end....my philosophy to enjoy any series. But, Knight Rider is new, and for this, people must gripe because they are impatient.

The underbelly shield - Hey, it's a shield! It would look goofy as hell without a symbol, wouldn't it? We would be then asking ourselves, "what the hell is up with KITT's underbelly?" Don't you guys remember KI2T having an underbelly in Knight Of the Phoenix? Ahhhhhh, it was there :wink: And I can garuntee all of you would be embracing it if TOS had it.

That's all I'm sticking up for now. You guys know there is hope, you're just impatient, yes?

HyperCaz
Rookie

Post by HyperCaz » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:59 am

I think it's impatience mixed in with anxiety because some people don't want to see how much of the TOS will get left behind this time... lol...

Anyway. Still liking Val's voice. :D And I actually really like Billy's character...I know he might be the typical awkward geek, but he's still endearing.
BEWARE: shipper alert

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:28 am

HyperCaz wrote:And I actually really like Billy's character...I know he might be the typical awkward geek, but he's still endearing.
Billy and Sarah's conversation on the beach was awesome.
Plus, the gave Billy's and Zoe's charaector developement. We're starting to figure out who they are and how vital they are to the "project" as im now calling it.
Put the word out!