Totally Inappropriate...Knight Rider 9/11

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shadowy Flight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

Totally Inappropriate...Knight Rider 9/11

Post by Shadowy Flight » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:32 pm

As much as I love Knight Rider, I know where to draw the line between entertainment and exploiting tragedy. I received some discomforting emails about my Kitt replica being on display at Ground Zero in New York City at the World Trade Center site. I want ensure everyone that even though I'm the only one in three cars in the metropolitan area, it was not my car on display there and I'm pretty sure it doesn't belong to the other two fellows in New York either. As a personal issue, I find it tasteless to exploit tragedy. I lost my fiancee on 9/11 and you can tell me, "Its been 7 years, move on." But please know, I will never do such a thing. Can anyone tell me whose replica it was or what the purpose was that Kitt was on display there? Did anyone take any pictures? Can you please post them? I'm just curious about this event. Was it a George Barris thing because the Delorean and General Lee were there too? I just want to know what excuse they gave to try and force these movie cars on a tragedy and why there was no media coverage/announcements?
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Re: Totally Inappropriate...Knight Rider 9/11

Post by sheltonw3 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:23 am

this was the thread that came about>http://knightregistries.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5649
hope this explains everything?
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:58 am

Hmmm, he posted here too but I dunno if that's what Shadowy Flight is talking about.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11970
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

RafaelLOJ
Operative

Post by RafaelLOJ » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:16 am

That event didn't happen on 9/11...
It happened a couple weekends ago... I don't recall seeing anything about the 9/11 location...
It was a fund raiser for a terminally ill girl...
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahnicole

Rafael

Shadowy Flight
Rookie
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

Post by Shadowy Flight » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi thank you for all your responses but those were not the events I was talking about. There were 3 movie cars at Ground Zero in Manhattan. KItt, General and Delorean and it happened 3 days ago. If anyone has any info, please post. Thank you.
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

Rookie

Post by 1982 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:47 am

I was there from Tuesday to Friday and saw no such car display. I would say someone is jerking your chain.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:40 pm

There was plenty of news coverage of the 9/11 Ground Zero events, and none of them included Hollywood cars. I doubt the city would have given a permit that day for such an event considering they had the international reading of names that day.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)