New KR commercial spotted during Olympics!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

New KR commercial spotted during Olympics!

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:27 pm

I saw a new commercial for KR.It was KI3T morphing into Attack Mode in a parking lot :mrgreen: The CGI was really good too! :good: I wonder if anyone got it recorded.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Re: New KR commercial spotted during Olympics!

Post by Sue » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:24 am

Would you be referring to this commercial Sky Blue :wink:

Transformed low res
Transformed high res
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:50 am

Sue, both of those look low resolution/blurry like normal TV...do you have an HD version??

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:06 am

Many thanks to Sue for capturing this and posting it to the KRO YouTube channel.

I've unfortunately been out of town dealing with some family matters (everything is fine) so I wasn't able to capture in HD. I will be home tmw night, and hopefully they will reair it soon.

I'm thinking the effect of the car transforming is intentional. You can see the darkened edges, like it's a hidden camera shot driving buy or something. Probably due to the need of a quick turn around time for the commercial, and sparing them to be picture perfect in detail.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:09 am

Sue wrote:Would you be referring to this commercial Sky Blue :wink:

Transformed low res
Transformed high res
Yep!That was the right one!Thanks for putting it up! :good:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
Petition #9

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:11 am

Those were upped by either Neil or Mike I'd assume since they're on the KRO account.

I watched it five times and the transformation five more times and I have this feeling where on one hand it looks kind of cool, but on the other hand it looks utterly ridiculous. :lol: I'm sure it's not done yet.

Oh and if that short line of dialog is Kilmer's voice it sounds very original KITT like with the tweaks/alterations they've done to it, more so than the "You may call me KITT" promo. Not like William Daniels, but still similar with uhhh the metallic sounding. Or something like that, holy crap! It's after 1AM. I need sleeeeep! >_<

Mai bain don werk now mo. =(

EDIT: Ahhh, okay so Sue has access now to the KRO account too. :shock: Okay. :good:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:33 am

I have been watching the olympics all night and I managed to miss it...and I just went back thru on my HD DVR but I don't see it...so I'll have it on for a while and if I see it, I'll record it...I'm just not sure how I'm gonna get it from my DirecTv HD DVR to my laptop...any ideas? :)

-Matt

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:51 pm

Is it just me or did they use to movie attack Kitt at the start. It looks like the movie grill. Also it could be the darkness of the clip but it dosent look like the end Kitt had all the scoops on the side of the car. It looked like it still had the double spoiler during the transforming.

gotigers1
Rookie

Post by gotigers1 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:56 pm

It was the old attack KITT when they did the closeup of the scanner, before they went to the transformation seq. The car in the transformation is the Hero KITT.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:20 pm

they used the original Attack Kitt at the beginning deliberately because they were showing that the car had now 'transformed...'

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:25 pm

Yeah sorry guys, no HD at my house. :( Youtube’s “high quality” as they call it isn’t really very high anyway, it’s a 640 x 480 image vs their “low quality” 320 x 240
I like to link to both though because if you have a slower internet connection you might want to go with the smaller video.
dag268 wrote:Is it just me or did they use to movie attack Kitt at the start. It looks like the movie grill. Also it could be the darkness of the clip but it dosent look like the end Kitt had all the scoops on the side of the car. It looked like it still had the double spoiler during the transforming.
Dag I was just pondering that myself. I’m guessing the special effects team simply went out to their parking lot to create this as a sample of what is to come. There are two possibilities. One that the spot was empty and this was done entirely in the computer; or two that they had one of the cars sitting there. I’ve been coming to the same conclusion as you, that attack KITT was there from the beginning. They fade in from black and the very first glimpses you get are hardly enough to convince you that this is normal KITT.
(Edit: I read your post too quickly dag, humm, I don’t know I would say they are using new attack KITT throughout the transformation sequence though.)
It looks like the scoops on the side of attack KITT are there catching the light and it looks like there is a grey blur where the spoiler would be.
My guess is this is just an early rendering, it’s certainly not polished. In this frame you can see some parts are floating off kind of oddly. But it looks like they are on their way to some really cool effects.
gotigers1 wrote:It was the old attack KITT when they did the closeup of the scanner, before they went to the transformation seq..

Oh yes! Good catch that was old attack KITT! :lol:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:37 pm

I taped todays events and I was able to get the commercial in HD!

http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... med_hd.mov

22.33 MB - will keep it up for the usual.

here is an alternate for people who cant use quicktime and need just straight mp4:

http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... med_hd.mp4

mads64738
Volunteer

Post by mads64738 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:34 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote: I watched it five times and the transformation five more times and I have this feeling where on one hand it looks kind of cool, but on the other hand it looks utterly ridiculous. :lol: I'm sure it's not done yet.
Got to say, I agree. There seems to be way too much 'stuff' happening during the transformation...

During the original series run, I really didn't like KITT's Super Pursuit Mode or it's 'transformation'. That said, looking back at it (here's a good compilation from YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=407lo1iIZHI), this original SPM transformation does seem more 'natural'.

I fully appreciate that KI3T will be transforming into other vehicles during the new series - the transformation between the pick-up truck and KI3T in the series preview is very well done.... I'm hoping that the CGI will be turned down a few notches...

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:38 pm

Awesome job Neps! The Mp4 works flawless on the PlayStation3, so remember these settings now!

Great looking commercial too!!! Razorsharp.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:56 pm

WOOT! HD Goodness! :D

Yeah, it does have that magically floating parts thing going on, did that in the sneak preview too. Hopefully it gets fixed because people will nitpick the hell out of this show a lot more than what's happening now.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:06 pm

I've began to nitpick it too! :lol: I wonder what mistakes and stuff I'll catch...
Petition #9

gotigers1
Rookie

Post by gotigers1 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:20 pm

After looking at the HD clip, the morph isn't as choppy as I thought. If you slow it down, you can see the front end swing from out from the front from left to right. Then it looks like the nano tech is still in play with the way the grill and the bars across the headlights comes together. This is just what I am seeing, and I like! :good:

EDIT:

After further review, that area that's kinda hanging there, doesn't come all the way around the front, but it does seem to swing out from the passenger side front fender. Again this is just what I am seeing.

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:39 pm

Whoa!! I just saw another new one!! at 11:38pm EDT...It showed a lot more. I'm gonna go hit record on the DVR...Hope you get it Neil, I don't have a way to get it to the PC!! Wow, it looked cool!! lol

It started off with some sort of count down like a shuttle launch...I already forget most of what happened, but it showed Attack KITT some more and Turbo Boost was mentioned again. KITT passed an 18 wheeler and did a 180 and Mike gave a half hearted Michael Knight Woooo....

That's all I remember right now...and I have to be up in 4 hours...lol

-Matt

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:39 am

Dammit, I turned off the TV at 11:30.... >_<

KNIGHT10000
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHT10000 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:59 am

That is right; the new commercial was at 11:55PM.

In this commercial, not only do they talk about Turbo Boost; you can actually see KITT finishing one TURBO BOOST.

The beginning of the commercial is with KITT in the "KITT CAVE" surrounded by some tubes as if they were refueling him; also, you see the attack KITT in action.

I didn't record it but if somebody has a DVR or TIVO this is a great commercial to share.
ONE MAN CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
MAKE IT A POSITIVE ONE

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:18 am

Nice one Sue! I'm sure glad you're around! :) As always, big thanks to Neil for feeding my HD habit! :good:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 am

We need this new one posthaste!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:50 am

I hope I can catch that commercial... :D
Petition #9

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:05 am

Got it! 11:38 right on schedule KITT316!!!! :good:
Here are some low res screen grabs to wet your appetite while the youtube is processing.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:17 am

And here it is! The first hint of a turbo boost!!! :good:
How about a little Turbo Boost low res
How about a little Turbo Boost high res