Based On Characters Created By David Andron?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Based On Characters Created By David Andron?

Post by knightofthephoenix » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:29 am

Will this be one of the credits in the new series?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Based On Characters Created By David Andron?

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:11 am

Great question. The original series used many different writers after Glen Larson left after 13 episodes, and subsequent characters such as K.A.R.R. and Garthe Knight are still considered Larson's despite the fact that other writers actually invented them. That's not to mention the fact that the backdoor pilot still included "Based on characters created by Glen A. Larson" in its credits. I see no reason why the series would not do the same unless they wanted to get sued by Larson.

Perhaps victor kros can shed some more light on this...
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:48 am

I doubt that Andron will get a "creator" credit. I think the credit we'll see will be:

"Based upon KNIGHT RIDER created by Glen A. Larson"
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:16 am

I tend to agree. No matter how much they may try to escape it, Knight Rider's created by credit will always be reserved for Glen A. Larson in some form or another.

They could put it like this though.

BASED ON CHARACTERS CREATED BY
GLEN A. LARSON

ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS BY
DAVID ANDRON

=VK=
:dash:

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:26 pm

From what' I've heard, Andron will retain his 'Supervising Producer' title, and of course will be credited for the episodes he writes, but will receive no 'created by' credit.

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:17 pm

I would agree with Victor...Fans tend to know Knight Rider was created by Glen Larsen and who knows David Andron will probably a credit as "Supervising Producer" and maybe "additional characters created by David Andron"...wonder how much David Hasselhoff will be able to reprise his role of Michael Knight if any...and will we see what happened between Michael Knight and Michael Tracuer
Charles Edward Untz III

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:50 pm

There's a third way they could do it, which was done on Star Trek with the post-Roddenberry shows:

Right after the show's name, there would be a credit "Based on STAR TREK created by Gene Roddenberry." Then at the end there'd be a separate credit for the new show reading "Created by Rick Berman & Brannon Braga."

How they'd want to handle it here considering David Andron's limited involvement in the series is up to them.

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:22 pm

actually that's how they introduced the New Knight Rider pilot earlier this year and Knight Rider 2000 and Team Knight Rider was "Based on Knight Rider created by Glen A. Larson" This show is according to the actors in the new show is a sequel to the '80's hit so a "based on Knight Rider created by Glen A. Larson" would not work considering it's not like what was done with "Star Trek: The Next Generation"(Gene Roddenberry was executive Producer until his death for STTNG by the way). They could do "Additional characters created by David Adron" would probably be the best way to handle it...but how they handle it is up to the executive producers and the other show runners...let's leave it up to them...
Charles Edward Untz III