Why I Love Knight Rider: Part 1

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightLegend
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Why I Love Knight Rider: Part 1

Post by KnightLegend » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:59 pm

This is my first post so sorry if this subject has been done before by other users. The first image I saw on TV was Knight Rider. The image in question is from the episode 'Big Iron'. Anyways, ever since I saw that I have loved Knight Rider. When I first saw it I was still a kid and it was the kid appeal that made me love KR. Since then In all four seasons the humor, the stunts and the characters have always kept me 100% behind this show. Things like the special effects and writing were and still are defining aspects of the show for me. So I love Knight Rider, always have and always will. For its warmth, humor and heart and the countless other things in between I will be a KR fan forever.

GN_WS6
Rookie

Re: Why I Love Knight Rider: Part 1

Post by GN_WS6 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:47 am

So where's part II?
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

KnightLegend
Rookie

Post by KnightLegend » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:00 am

It will be on here today, I promise. Just got a little busy with coursework.

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:16 am

KL, i can completely empathize with you..

As a kid i only ever had the last 7 episodes of Knight Rider on BETAMAX! As i grew older i knew that it was on PayTV here in Australia [in my high school years], however i never really bothered bugging my parents to get PayTV as i knew it would never happen. I never let the show go, to me it was visual gold. When i learned that the entire show was being released on DVD i was stoked. I couldn't wait for it to be released in Australia, so i bought the region 1 discs from Amazon.com [god bless them]. It was like watching the show for the very first time, and in a sense it was as i could only remember those last 7 episodes.

For some unknown reason, Knight Rider stirs this emotion inside me and sometimes it very hard to hide. I don't know if it's the theme song, David Hasselhoff, KITT or just the complete package. But Knight Rider [no matter how cheesy 'other' people believe the show is], holds a very special place in my childhood memory that I'm not going to ever let go. Ever!

Since those original Skynet 1:43 models came out, my 'obsession' with Knight Rider has grown at a steady rate. After acquiring those 1:43 models, the quest to get all the Knight Rider Annuals was on. The 1:18 scale models came next. Then the remote controlled model that was released through local Dick Smith stores [kinda like RadioShack] followed.

Now that there's potential for the new NBC Knight Rider to make it to series, I personally can't wait! I look forward to the time that a Free To Air network in Australia picks up the 2008 pilot and shows it in all it's Hi-Def glory.

It's great to be part of a community that also shares the passion for Knight Rider. I know that some of the choices in direction for the NBC pilot were met with dissatisfaction with other members here, but if it means that a whole new generation of people are exposed to Knight Rider and the show and name live to tell another tale then that's alright by me. I will most definitely watch it, with the same enthusiasm and passion as the original 80's series.

One man can still make a difference.

Cheers
Adz

KnightLegend
Rookie

Post by KnightLegend » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:15 am

My feelings too dude. I also get that weird emotion when watching KR, but I wouldn't change it for the world. For me its a combination of all the aspects coming together making a tv show witch to me is the best tv show ever, and the best there ever will be.