Goodbye to an old friend...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

acor
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Goodbye to an old friend...

Post by acor » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:13 pm

Hello, just new here. Aside from your feelings about the new movie, is there anyone who 's feeling sad that KITT (2000) is not around anymore? To me it feels like he's dead. An old friend has passed away.

The new KITT is what it is, a new car. If they make a series out of it, he'll evolve, just like our KITT did. But I do hope to know one day what has happened with the original one.

It reminds me of Star Trek: TNG. Data died in the last movie, but the end showed us something of his spirit is still around in his "clone" B-4. That made Data's dead a bit more acceptable. Strange how you can come to love a fictional character that is in fact a machine.

KITT, old buddy, so long...

:kitt:

blowersho
Operative

Re: Goodbye to an old friend...

Post by blowersho » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:18 pm

He might not be dead. As neps said in another thread, there were many cars in the garage and one of those was an intact black Trans am.

toddnsue
Stranger

Post by toddnsue » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:42 pm

Maybe just wishful thinking, but I just got a feeling towards the end of the movie, that maybe we'll get Hasselhoff coming back with KITT (2000) in some episode. That would be cool. Good observation spying the black Trans Am.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:08 pm

He's not dead. I don't think Graiman would destroy his creation. Just look at him, all silent but intact:

acor
Volunteer

Post by acor » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:30 pm

To me KITT is more than the car. It's the CPU that made KITT. Not the car. You can put the CPU from the new KITT (3000) in the black trans-am, it's not KITT.

That's the question I would like to be answered in a future series: what happened to KITT? Was he just shut down and dismanteld? Used as spare parts for the new KITT? Or is the CPU still functional, although not in a car. KITT was a sentient life-form, artificial intelligence. In other words: he was alive.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:50 pm

We saw/heard that he was dismantled in the other two continuations, I really don't know what the writers obsession with dismantling KITT is.... I want to think the the parts that were in the garage were spare parts he had from when he worked on KITT originally, and the real one is still out there. I'd like to think he retired with Michael.

I am hoping we get to see an episode or two (maybe a full arc) with KITT and Michael Knight coming in to help Mike and the new FLAG gang. Even though I would love to see a full time spot for Michael Knight and KITT on this show, I think it would take away from the new show about the new team.

I am also anxious to see with two KITTs which one will get a nickname (to differentiate them) and what said names will be. :-D And I just can't wait to hear the original KITT having a conversation with the new one. Hopefully more constructive and humorous than the one he had with the 4000. Maybe give him some pointers on how people act and how to deal with their emotions.

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:51 pm

Yes, because that is what made KR so special in the 80s. It is identified with show. When people think of KITT, like I do, I think of that beautiful black Pontiac Trans Am with Bill Daniels voice. I'm like some of the people in this thread. I can't think of KITT as gone, more like in retirement with MIchael.

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:02 pm

As an artist and author, KITT lives in my head.
But I understand what you mean.
Turbo Boost, Baby!

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:11 pm

KnightCrusader99 wrote:We saw/heard that he was dismantled in the other two continuations, I really don't know what the writers obsession with dismantling KITT is.... I want to think the the parts that were in the garage were spare parts he had from when he worked on KITT originally, and the real one is still out there. I'd like to think he retired with Michael.

No, seriously, what's up with that?
I'd like to think he's retired and well cared for too. =^^=
I am also anxious to see with two KITTs which one will get a nickname (to differentiate them) and what said names will be. :-D And I just can't wait to hear the original KITT having a conversation with the new one. Hopefully more constructive and humorous than the one he had with the 4000. Maybe give him some pointers on how people act and how to deal with their emotions.
That would be an amazing episode/arc.
Oh, and personally? I call the new KITT the Three-Thou. :D
Turbo Boost, Baby!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:38 pm

Maybe they should put the original KITT's CPU into an android. And KARR as well... and they would sometimes help the Foundation? That would be neat...

Blazing
Volunteer

Post by Blazing » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:28 am

If KITT would realy be destroyed then he would be alot more dismantled than that. Look at the body of the car, its intact and only some of the parts have been separated like the licence plate, the steering wheel and I think I saw the scanner separately too... To me, it looks like Graiman is working on the car and perhaps the old KITT will make another appearance in some form or another. Even Michael Knight might become a recurring charecter. Traceur asked him if he will see him again and Michael replied: "I hope so..."

To me right now, KITT is just retired :kitt:

MichelleLH
Stranger

Post by MichelleLH » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:19 am

toddnsue wrote:Maybe just wishful thinking, but I just got a feeling towards the end of the movie, that maybe we'll get Hasselhoff coming back with KITT (2000) in some episode. That would be cool. Good observation spying the black Trans Am.
That would be awesome! I hope that Hasselhoff will guest star in a few episodes.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:31 am

I hope the hoff comes back full time and helps tracer just like Rc-3 helped knight in season 4. I do miss the original kitt and I must have missed that part in the movie where you see kitt fully intact. Nice catch.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:32 am

I wonder if that "I hope so" was a litte inside joke to all of us like a I hope they bring it to series and i hope they bring me back if they do. I watched the movie again last night with a friend of mine and that's kinda what he took out of that line.

Making_Waves_of_my_Own
Recruit

Post by Making_Waves_of_my_Own » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:04 am

Blazing wrote:Traceur asked him if he will see him again and Michael replied: "I hope so..."
Rather than the simple "I hope so..." response followed by a smile, I was anticipating that Michael's response to Mike's question might be, "You got it, son." But, now that I think about it, in the old series Michael would likely respond with "I hope so ..." to a woman-of-the-week's question whether or not she would ever see him again. :)

KnightLegend
Rookie

Post by KnightLegend » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:10 pm

I hope the Hoff makes a few appearances if there is a new series. To me KITT is never dead, he's just retired with Michael and was just undergoing some maintenance. KITT is always alive to me. [I hope the Hoff makes a few appearances if there is a new series.]

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:45 pm

TheMechanic wrote:
KnightCrusader99 wrote:We saw/heard that he was dismantled in the other two continuations, I really don't know what the writers obsession with dismantling KITT is.... I want to think the the parts that were in the garage were spare parts he had from when he worked on KITT originally, and the real one is still out there. I'd like to think he retired with Michael.

No, seriously, what's up with that?
I'd like to think he's retired and well cared for too. =^^=
That would be an amazing episode/arc.
Oh, and personally? I call the new KITT the Three-Thou. :D
I don't get it either. Either Hollywood are running low on ideas, or some producers get some little pleasure out of the original KITT being in pieces.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

Blazing
Volunteer

Post by Blazing » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:28 pm

The question is could William Daniels still make the old KITT voice like he used to? Since he is like 20 years older from then... :?

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:51 pm

Well, I must admit I do like the new Knight Rider!

KI3T is really cool, & I do like him in attack mode

Would soooooooo love to see KI2T :kitt: in the new show - to come to help mike & ki3t in some way?? Or Michael to come back to work for the foundation - but only one condition...................................... he has the old KI2T as his company car :D

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:00 pm

If this turns into a series,i dont think there's any doubt that Michael Knight and the Knight 2000 will make an apperance,at some point!

killem2
Recruit

Post by killem2 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:07 pm

K.I.T.T isn't dead. He's just being upgraded to Vista and Microsoft hasn't made drivers for him yet.

:P :P :P

:kitt:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:08 pm

KITT IS NOT DEAD! There was an interview with the producers and they stated several things

1. KITT's motherboard was in someway intergrated or used into the new KITT
2. They stated they want to get William Daniels back for some voice overs.
3. KITT was in the shot intact and pieces of the car were hanging! Why would they go through all that trouble to get excellent replica parts from Rob Louisell and not choose to go into the original KITT if it goes to series?

This is what I would like to see....

Graiman: Great to hear your voice again KITT, it has been quite a while
KITT: Same here Charles, where is Michael?
MK: Etc

Hopefully something to return them I hope!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:51 pm

Well, he didn't specifically say that, he said he'd like to think a mother board of the original is in there some where.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Kelso
Stranger

Post by Kelso » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:41 pm

Well, my pet theory is that KITT's AI is now controlling the Prometheus network and Michael is working on that project as well. That way they would both be around and relevant... but conveniently out of sight until needed for the story.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:19 pm

Something clicked in my mind when I saw all of those kitt parts.they weren;t kitt.Meaning that they were the body of the Knight Two Thousand as the steering wheel was marked but they weren't the microprocessor we all knew was kitt's soul.For all we know when Michael walked off after the cemetary to his 67 Chevy with scanner light :dash4: