The official nit pick thread...talk about them, explain them

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The official nit pick thread...talk about them, explain them

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:14 am

so lastnight I decided to have a KR night since nothing was on tv and I watched about 5 ep's and noticed some strange nitpicks. Sorry for not having any pictures, I am not very computer savey but hopefully someone can find some pics. Ok here goes...

This happens in knight of a thousand devils, the one where michael enters kitt in a off road ralley to catch a border running bad guy who is competting in the race only to get across the border. In the one scene where it shows michael opening the mexican cops garage door and he says good morning, look at the front tires of her dune buggy, they appear to be flat on the ground. Now watch for the scene where it shows the dune buggy from the back looking out of the garage, it appears that they are off of the ground. (this might just be the way the camera is shooting) The next one occurs after leaving the mexican cops garage after "helping" :lol: her with her suspension. Michael is attacked and eventually thrown into a hole in the ground. Now heres where the nit pick comes in. When the bad guys toss michael into the hole in the ground put the dvd in slow motion. You will see a hand, or a hand shaped object come out of the pit as to help catch or support michael when he falls in. It is noticeable in regular motion but you almost have to be watching for it carefully. I barely caught it the first time through. Also When michael passes the mexican cop during the race doesn't her car sound like it is ready to break down? I mean it is backfiring and making all kinds of noise but he gives her the thumbs up and she returns it like everything is ok... I never understood that part. Finally with this ep when kit scans her vitals after she wrecks he says she has a concussion, some bruising and enflammed tonsils. What is with the enflammed tonsils? Was that some sort of reference, side joke that maybe michael and her were kissing for a long period of time, or would this actually be a result of her accident?

ok next episode...kitt vs. karr
How does Karr get painted silver after crashing through the semi? I assume that karr forced Bonnie to do that after crashing into the semi!? It seems like a lot of stuff was cut out after karr crashed into the mobile command center. I mean you see karr crash in, the guy yanks the laser out of bonnies hand and karr demands repairs. Then it cuts to a scene with michale and kitt behind the parked mobile command center and bonnie almost seems excited and happy that they have a photo of the guy who was in karr. Don't you think Bonnie would be nervouse/scarred that karr was just there and made her work on him? I feel that they chopped a lot out from that scene to possibly save time.

Halloween knights.

This really isn't a nit pick but just something that doesn't make sense to me. In the very end of this episode michael asks kit whats in the pot. Kit replies you don't want to know and it cuts to a scene showing esmarelda walking past flowers as they wither over and die. Then michael opens the pot and looks in and it cuts out. What is the point of this? Was there supposed to be something so nasty and disgusting that it made the flowers wither?

Also another question something I noticed. In some of the episodes the seats in kitt change. One shot the passenger seat is extremly taller than the drivers, another shot they are completly opposite. In some shots both seats are the same height. I am pretty sure the seats didn't have adjustable head rests in them so how did this happen and why? Any comments replies or additions to any nitpicks are welcome. So go ahead and talk about your nit picks or even just things you don't understand in KR.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:20 am

Another thing, did they actually modify kitt to to change into super pursuit mode or was that done on a small model car when it shows the scenes of him transforming.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:22 pm

How does Karr get painted silver after crashing through the semi? I assume that karr forced Bonnie to do that after crashing into the semi!? It seems like a lot of stuff was cut out after karr crashed into the mobile command center. I mean you see karr crash in, the guy yanks the laser out of bonnies hand and karr demands repairs. Then it cuts to a scene with michale and kitt behind the parked mobile command center and bonnie almost seems excited and happy that they have a photo of the guy who was in karr. Don't you think Bonnie would be nervouse/scarred that karr was just there and made her work on him? I feel that they chopped a lot out from that scene to possibly save time.
This was explained in a cut scene that's present on the DVD. KARR states that he wants his appearance changed after they get back to the garage, he is painted off camera at that point.

focus709
Rookie

Post by focus709 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:09 pm

As you say about Halloween Knight, Michael asks KITT what's in the pot, as he lifts the lid to look, you can see, the lid is made of glass!! Why didn't he just look through the glass?

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:42 am

Nice catch focus

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:22 pm

Just noticed this last night. In killer kitt when the fake bonnie approaches the car you clearly see she has a device that looks like a tape recorder with bonnies voice recorded on it. She hits play and the pre recorded message plays to kitt. After kitt hears the message he opens up to let "bonnie" in. After "bonnie" is done swapping chips you see a shot of her face in kits sideview mirror. Kit asks "bonnie" if they should tell michael about the new software upgrade. No watch as "bonnies" lips move as she replies to kit with her normal voice. She doesn't use the tape recorder as shown earlier. This could be shot down however if someone were to say that bonnie didn't have a tape recorder but that she has a voice changing box, thus why you see her talking when in kitt. I don't know you make the call.