Weinstein company to put Knight Rider into overdrive

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Radicalas
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Radicalas » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:06 am

FuzzieDice wrote:No William Daniels? :( I hope he's going to do the voice for KITT.
I hope too. He will be always K.I.T.T., i can't imagine K.I.T.T. without William Daniels voice. He must be K.I.T.T.'s voice, but if he didn't, i'll watch film anyway, but it will be very sad :( :x :?

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:47 pm

I just hope they dont do something lame like in some sequels and have a previous character as having been mentioned as having died in dialogue. So I hope the Hoff is int his film despite rumours saying he is and he isnt
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

kitty f
Stranger

Post by kitty f » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:37 am

that's really a wonderful gift, but i still hope our kitt became his black which not as the clour showed in the DVD.

loneknight4000
Recruit

Post by loneknight4000 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:58 am

who on here would like the weinstein company to put up a web page so that we as the people and fans can put forth our sujestions for the movie includeing changes to KITT

jimmags
Volunteer

Post by jimmags » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:16 pm

With all the other "crap" brought from the TV into a movie, I can't believe KNIGHT RIDER is taking so long. I think they could make a great movie for around 80 million.
Keep it "real world",with a great story and have David Hasslehoff as the star with a strong supporting cast. Use the original car. A terrorist plot to hijack some convoy carrying a few nukes would be a good setup. The government knows where(California pacific coast highway?),just not when.
Michael Knight is brought out of retirement to train a crew to cruise the highway in their own "special" vehicles (Team_Knight_Rider) who ride up and down the highway 24x7 and lend a hand in various smaller stories until the movie climax. Orginal Knight Rider taking on the terrorist's plot!
Keep on "riding"
Jimmy Mags

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:11 pm

Hell no, no team *?$#. Keep it original "One Man Can Make a Difference". Original car, original voice, DH as MK with someone younger coming in. KITT gets destroyed of something and becomes a new Trans Am. Crazy plot, dark like batman and Garthe and KARR together. There you have it!

Dookie
Stranger

Post by Dookie » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:40 am

Something along those lines would be great! How about the movie opens with an epic battle between Garth and Michael, Kitt is destroyed and Michael is badly injured. Michael comes back to fill the role of Devon and Kitt is rebuilt, but with a different cpu. Kitts original cpu is placed in mainframe, and stays with Michael in the truck. A new young buck is brought in to fill Michael shoes, but both he and the new Kitt are not as goodie goodie as Michael or the orginal Kitt. Michael and newbie tend to butt heads because their methods are different, but the newbie is also very effective at getting the job. Meanwhile Garth steals some sort of new technology that will have the world submitting to his every need, and the foundation must stop him...

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:43 pm

I also had an idea if they built a new Knight Industries to test out with a new kid. God help me if they make a gay team kr in the movie. It better be dark, thats what is going to set this movie apart from others, it won't be all gay and happy. I'm sure Garthe and KARR are in it if it's dark.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:52 pm

Radicalas wrote:I've found the cast of Knight Rider 2008 Movie on http://www.aceshowbiz.com. Here's the cast:
Starring :
David Hasselhoff, Gregory Smith, Ted Levine, Yasmine Bleeth, Dash Mihok, Nicholas Lea, Jack Scalia

Source: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/movie/knight_rider/

What do you think about this cast?

Besides, i have found the realase date on http://www.igglevideo.com, it's planning to realase June 2008.

Source: http://www.igglevideo.com/content/movie ... e&id=83421
Sorry but this news is old. That "cast" was posted on IMDB years ago when the movie was supposedly being done by someone else.

And Iggle Video is a local Pittsburgh movie rental store located in Giant Eagle super markets. I highly doubt it's a reliable source either. :?

The only news I'm going to take as true is from the Weinsteins themselves.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

sidemachine
Volunteer

Tom Welling as the Next Knight Rider?...

Post by sidemachine » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:50 am

Greetings fellow fans.

I have a few friends that HATE, and I mean HATE Smallville & Tom Welling. These friends are hard-core DC comic book fans. [It's not to say that there aren't die-hard DC comic fans that like the show...]

Me, I'm not as hard-core DC fans as they are so I am okay with Smallville & Tom Welling. I actually like the show quite a bit. [I bought the first 4 seasons on DVD & am waiting for the 5th to come out in September.]

So, I must heartily agree with whoever suggested Tom Welling as the next Knight Rider (if it isn't Hasselhoff). Welling would bring a great subtle heroism to the legend of Knight Rider.

Best wishes,
sidemachine

frank_knight
Recruit

Post by frank_knight » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:55 am

I see my KR movie going somewhat like this...(backplot).Garthe survived the crash in goliath, somehow..and moved to europe with his mother while she spent her millions on saving his life. Around the same time, Elizabeth Knight (Garthes mother) was tracking MK & KITT's activities, and found the location of KARR..only to get there shortly after KARR was destroyed, but hisCPU was still intact. They snatch everything up and go back to europe. (Devon learns of the missing parts but has no suspicion of any involvment from garthe)
In europe, Garth gains power and $$, basically doing the same illegal hiests and stealing ect as he did in the states, gaining power, and ultimately rebuilding KARR to near original specs. Over the course of these 20 some odd years, Knight rider 2000 has happened, and we find ourselves starting the new movie where KR 2000 left off...but with a twist. KIFT gets messed up in some kind of car chase with Shawn leaving her in not so good shape (so we basically get rid of her lol) .Maddock calls on Michael to come in for training on a young hotshot recruit with an attitude problem, and to help rebuild and desgin the new KITT (basically making old school KITT with 21st century components and goodies so everyone is happy!)..then karr and garth come to the states to rip off the goverment in some scandle...michael finds this out, all hell breaks loose, big fight scens car chasesm, ect ect,,plus room for a sequel! ..i think this would be a basic guidline to satisfy me and my running thoughts on this show and its legacy!! anyone follow?? lol
"I am the voice of Knight Industries Two Thousands, microprocessor.... K.I.T.T. for easy reference, KITT if you prefer."

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:40 pm

frank_knight wrote:I see my KR movie going somewhat like this...(backplot).Garthe survived the crash in goliath, somehow..and moved to europe with his mother while she spent her millions on saving his life. Around the same time, Elizabeth Knight (Garthes mother) was tracking MK & KITT's activities, and found the location of KARR..only to get there shortly after KARR was destroyed, but hisCPU was still intact. They snatch everything up and go back to europe. (Devon learns of the missing parts but has no suspicion of any involvment from garthe)
In europe, Garth gains power and $$, basically doing the same illegal hiests and stealing ect as he did in the states, gaining power, and ultimately rebuilding KARR to near original specs. Over the course of these 20 some odd years, Knight rider 2000 has happened, and we find ourselves starting the new movie where KR 2000 left off...but with a twist. KIFT gets messed up in some kind of car chase with Shawn leaving her in not so good shape (so we basically get rid of her lol) .Maddock calls on Michael to come in for training on a young hotshot recruit with an attitude problem, and to help rebuild and desgin the new KITT (basically making old school KITT with 21st century components and goodies so everyone is happy!)..then karr and garth come to the states to rip off the goverment in some scandle...michael finds this out, all hell breaks loose, big fight scens car chasesm, ect ect,,plus room for a sequel! ..i think this would be a basic guidline to satisfy me and my running thoughts on this show and its legacy!! anyone follow?? lol
Upto the point you mentioned KR2000 :lol:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:03 pm

If Devon knew of the missing parts, he'd have Michael and KITT trying to find the missing CPU and retrieve it. :)

I think instead, the foundation would retrieve it, but someone that the foundation hired that was new gained access and stole it - that someone being paid by Garthe to do the inside job. :)

It would be the only way probably that Devon wouldn't know, especially if it's inside and the person was a gaurd on duty and it was sealed in a vault, the alarms never went off and nobody even checks inside the vault so nobody knew the vault was empty all that time!

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:44 pm

GODS FORBID THEM...May Mercury or Richard Petty smite them down if the film is a shooting fiasco like the Dukes of Hazzard-that was an insult....Denver Pyle & Sorrell Brook are rolling in their graves in agony over that.....

Quick....call Tim burton & the dude who directed Sin City & the camera crew of the 1st Highlander film... :roll:

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:48 pm

T.A.H.O.E. wrote:GODS FORBID THEM...May Mercury or Richard Petty smite them down if the film is a shooting fiasco like the Dukes of Hazzard-that was an insult....Denver Pyle & Sorrell Brook are rolling in their graves in agony over that.....

Quick....call Tim burton & the dude who directed Sin City & the camera crew of the 1st Highlander film... :roll:
Absolutely, that dukes of hazzard really stunk big time, even the big screen version of Miami Vice is much better than that trash.

pbryant_knight
Operative

Post by pbryant_knight » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:38 am

kitt34 wrote:
T.A.H.O.E. wrote:GODS FORBID THEM...May Mercury or Richard Petty smite them down if the film is a shooting fiasco like the Dukes of Hazzard-that was an insult....Denver Pyle & Sorrell Brook are rolling in their graves in agony over that.....

Absolutely, that dukes of hazzard really stunk big time, even the big screen version of Miami Vice is much better than that trash.
Nah, Miami Vice isn't the same without Don Johnson and his pastel shade suit jackets and fantastic Sunrise / Sunsets. Going dark may have worked for Tim in the first Batman movie and even in the first TMNT movie, but not for Miami Vice.

Peter
One Man Can Make A Replica

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:34 am

pbryant_knight wrote:
kitt34 wrote:

Nah, Miami Vice isn't the same without Don Johnson and his pastel shade suit jackets and fantastic Sunrise / Sunsets. Going dark may have worked for Tim in the first Batman movie and even in the first TMNT movie, but not for Miami Vice.

Peter
Remember pastels ran out of steam.

The New Miami Vice is grittier.

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:24 am

We'll, It seems that Orlando Bloom turned down the role for Knight Rider.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php ... t_rider_ro

I couldn't really see him playing the role anyway...IMO Bloom is just too pretty.

buickman69
Stranger

Post by buickman69 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:46 pm

Anyone seen a picture of the NEW KITT?
They SHOULD make KITT from an '02 BLACK TA with Gul-Wing sterring wheel, rounded dash & monitors like the original car!!

Someone posted this on another forum.. & I HATE it!!

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:15 am

I want to see the Old Knight Rider 2000 car in Black with new Dash inside at drive by Paul walker 8) 8) 8)

KITT_Kat81
Volunteer

Post by KITT_Kat81 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:20 pm

If Hasselhoff isn't in the new Knight, what's the point? He is the man! And who would be the voice of KITT? It just isn't the same if they find another voice. It just wouldn't be KITT! But what about Bonnie, or RC or April? And I hope we see some real action in it...maybe Goliath with KARR's CPU or something outrageous like that! :lol:
I am the voice of Knight Industry Two-Thousand's microprocessor. K.I.T.T. for easy reference. KITT if you prefer.

KITT_Kat81
Volunteer

Post by KITT_Kat81 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:38 pm

You know, if it were possible, I always thought that James Earl Jones would make a fabulous KARR...just thought I'd put that in. But who for KITT? William Daniels just wouldn't be beleivable as a new Trans Am? Or whatever car they decide to make him. I thought Leonard Nimoy would work...after all, he was Spock and Galvatron. Just an idea. Anyone got a better one? I really wanna know.

*turbo boosts into sunset*
*activates Super Pursuit Mode*
I am the voice of Knight Industry Two-Thousand's microprocessor. K.I.T.T. for easy reference. KITT if you prefer.

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:43 pm

Maybe Angelina Jolie can play the role of Micheal Knight's daughter because she can kick ass, plus she's hot.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:49 pm

Jennifer Knight would be nice to see, charakter can be play from Wyonna Rider or so

lucid hysteria
Volunteer

Post by lucid hysteria » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:30 am

Ah, some SOLID news on a Knight Rider movie?

I'm very interested, but it's going to be HARD to do it right. In my opinion, this is partly because... I have a love/hate relationship with the original, for the same reason that I know most of the world would... let's face it, David Hasselhoff?!? There, I said it. I'm sure the man is a nice guy in real life and all, but he is widely viewed as a joke by the modern world, and, honestly, when I watch old Knight Rider stuff, I can see why. Granted, it was the Eighties, and things were generally pretty icky back then, but... as much as I love watching KITT (and as much dignity as Edward Mulhare and Patricia McPherson brought to the show simply through their wonderful presence). I've thought jokingly for years that if they would take today's technology and go back and replace Hasselhoff with someone I could take a little more seriously (and, while they're at it, take away a lot of those ridiculous powers KITT often had, like moving objects around on a table inside a house), I would really enjoy the show.

My point in all of this is, while I certainly wouldn't mind Hasselhoff in a small role as the original Michael Knight (if they did a new story and not a retelling), he just simply wouldn't work in a larger role. No matter how you personally feel about him, he could not carry the movie for a modern audience, and the movie would become the butt of COUNTLESS jokes (and let's face it, it probably already will, whether or not it is deserved... which we will find out in due time).

I do share everyone's sentiments about the car, though. I still don't think there is a more beautiful car around than the KITT era Trans Am, and especially with the modifications specific to KITT's body (just enough to make him stand out and to improve on the few areas of the normal TA body that could be improved upon, but nothing ridiculous like KR2k). I just don't know how I think they will play it in the movie. Certainly, if it's a retelling, I don't think there's any way they would or even could use an old Trans Am (unless it is a retelling that takes place in the same era, like Starsky and Hutch (minus the parody aspect)). If it takes place in modern times, however (which seems the most likely reality), I doubt we'll see much, if any, of the old TA. Sure, they left the General alone for the Dukes movie, but the dynamics are different for a KR movie, which would focus more on technology (though I hope we won't get stuck with a script and director that want to emphasize a bunch of goofy technology over the storyline, or even a lot of really far-fetched technology, period). I know if the classic KITT doesn't at least make an appearance, I'll be very disappointed, but I'll understand, given all the issues that have to be considered when making a movie like this. Sadly, though, I fear the powers that be would go for some big, curvy, beefy modern car like some of the ones that have been pictured (I would not be a fan of the new 'Vette at all), and I really rather solidly abhor the modern big, curvy, bulbous shape of a lot of modern cars, and I hope they can somehow formulate the brilliance to have KITT's design transcend the modern trend (much like the incredible design of the classic Trans Am totally eclipsed all over car design in the Eighties, an era where ugly seemed to be hailed as the new good-looking).

Honestly, I can't think of any reason why they SHOULDN'T cast Daniels as the voice of KITT (unless he just doesn't want to do it), but I have a sinking feeling it won't happen. It would probably feel weird, anyway, if they had Daniels as the voice of KITT but had some new actor playing Michael Knight. I think that might make our brains explode, you know?!

Either way, I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be a tough job, but maybe they can pull it off. I actually thought the Dukes of Hazzard and Starsky and Hutch movies were improvements on the original (take that back, I've never seen the original Starsky and Hutch, but I did think the movie seemed to sort of at least try to carry on a vibe...), but that direction definitely would not be right if one wants to improve on Knight Rider for the big screen. Knight Rider was full of cheese originally (in some instances more than others - as I said, Edward Mulhare was absolutely perfect for the part and he and Patricia McPherson gave the show, I believe, whatever amount of respectability it had in an era where shows in its genre were, for the most part, simply extremely, unabashedly cheesy).

As for the role of Devon in the movie (again, if it is a retelling), Michael Caine has reminded me of him in certain roles he has played, and I think he would be a good choice, though it might be better to get a relative unknown. And I definitely say that if Bonnie (if her character is even in the movie) is not a relatively unknown actress, she at least better not be a Jennifer Anniston type, if they want the movie to be taken seriously (though Anniston would be better than Jessica Simpson, haha).

Anyway, exciting news. Exciting enough to make me stay up and post this when I have to be awake in 3 and a half hours... man, that's depressing. But maybe in that short time sleeping I can dream of glorious black 1982 Trans Ams turbo-boosting gracefully over my head... or... something... I'm tired.