Knight Nationals in 2003??

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITTvsKARR
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITTvsKARR » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:38 pm

THEN GET IT RUNNING!!!!! I love driving, but showing up at the TRANS AM Nationals in a Camaro again is just something I would prefer NOT to do.. plus to actually be able to ride in a GTA.. hmm.. it would be a new experience for me... SO GET IT RUNNING!! :) I live on the other side of wisconsin.. South West corner.. Platteville... but after Chicago I could probably meet you somewhere.. do you know a place that I could store my car securely that won't cost an arm, a leg, AND a big toe? Let me know, that would be kewl! Let me know.
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

katz112
Recruit

Post by katz112 » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:59 am

K.I.T.T. vs K.A.R.R.,
I have some very bad sad depressing news-

I am in college working on a Masters right now, so I was forced to store the GTA till graduation. The car needs major restoring and right now all my $$$ is tied up in college costs. Hey, at least I kept the car, NEVER would I sell it!!! It's in my garage up on risers, and everyday when I get ino the "other" car, I think......just 2 more years.........but boy are you going to come out looking sweet! :P

I am just 2 hours east of Chicago right off of 1-94. Portage is directly between Detroit/Chicago.

Maybe we can get a carpool going with several people-share cost....gas...etc.......maybe we find a TA ride!!!!

Glad to hear from you, thanks for writing back!!!

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:05 am

*Sigh* Just my luck. Oh well.. I do know how the money thing goes with myself also being in college. But as you said, atleast you kept her. Worst case senerio is I come and pick you up and finish the way down. You'd just have to live with my car. ;) Just keep in touch.. if you have any of the messengers, that would be the best way to finger out the details. talk to you soon.
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:39 am

Aug. 22-24 2003

I thought I would just kick this up, because the guys over at Knight Registries just announced those above dates for this year's Knight Nationals.

For more information, you will want to keep an eye on http://www.knightregistries.com

KI

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:42 am

:d YEAH!! I saw that yesterday!!! :d I can't wait! I am soooo going back. Maybe I'll see some of you guys there... just look for the guy driving a blue Camaro. :)
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:13 pm

YAY!!! I got my calendar marked.

Cheri

chadwick626
Recruit

Post by chadwick626 » Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:18 pm

i live in michigan.. i need to do a little of the transformation so i can go to that..

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:20 pm

What sort of transformation do you mean? If you think that you NEED a KITT or KARR to go, you're wrong... its a lot of fun... Now if you WANT to do it.. by all means go for it! :) More cars for me to take pictures of. Lol
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:04 pm

Maybe he means SPM, lol. I don't have a replica but if I go I'll bring my Matchbox Kitt and my poor dilapidated model Kitt :P

Cheri

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:34 pm

<Grin> Excelent... well, i know I have a car that I think AJ would be able to help me out with.. I think there are parts missing, and I want to know what it did.. got it at a fea market for half a quarter.. lol
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:02 pm

KITTvsKARR wrote:<Grin> Excelent... well, i know I have a car that I think AJ would be able to help me out with.. I think there are parts missing, and I want to know what it did.. got it at a fea market for half a quarter.. lol
Is it a matchbox size one? How big is it? Describe it maybe we can help. Mine came with a turbo launcher that you put the car in and smack down on it and out Kitt flew. Saw the same thing last year at a sale, still in the package, for $2. Now why oh why didn't I jump on that?? :roll:

Cheri

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:28 pm

Actually it is about 7 x 3. It was made in 84 and has Knight 2000 written on teh doors. There is a whole in the middle of the T-Tops, like something connected there. The back wheels click when it moves. It appears that there were rubber wheels in the back or something because they look like railroad car wheels. If anyone knows what this could have bee, let me know. Its plastic and seems hollow.
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:10 pm

KITTvsKARR wrote:Actually it is about 7 x 3. It was made in 84 and has Knight 2000 written on teh doors. There is a whole in the middle of the T-Tops, like something connected there. The back wheels click when it moves. It appears that there were rubber wheels in the back or something because they look like railroad car wheels. If anyone knows what this could have bee, let me know. Its plastic and seems hollow.
Is this it? http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Bung ... hipcar.jpg

Cheri

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:36 pm

Lol.. not sure.. the link didn't work.. but it isn't a car that has one of those keys that fires it or nothing....
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:49 pm

Darn it the pic was there a little bit ago. I did a Google search for 'Knight Rider whip shifter car' and that's one of the results. It's got a plastic whip-like thing that you put down in the hole and when you pull it out real fast it sends the car a scootin across the floor.

Cheri

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:03 pm

Yeah, I think I know what you are talking about.. but this is MUCH bigger than a matchbox sized car.. and the "hole" is on the top in the middle of the T-tops.. Its a round hole about half an inch in diameter about the same in depth.. and it is sloped inward.. looks like something connected in there to hold it in place or something. Hard to explain... and the back wheels.. on the inside by the axle, they have a gear, and the drivers side has a little metal piece that rubs against that gear to make a little clicking sound when it moves... but like I said, the car is about 7 inches long and about 3 wide and about 2 high... with a rubber nose and tail(the only parts that are different from a "normal" Trans Am....
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:27 pm

CK wrote:Darn it the pic was there a little bit ago. I did a Google search for 'Knight Rider whip shifter car' and that's one of the results. It's got a plastic whip-like thing that you put down in the hole and when you pull it out real fast it sends the car a scootin across the floor.

Cheri
It's a geocities site. The don't allow direct linking, so you have to cut and paste the link directly into your browser.

KI

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:55 pm

Hmm.. I did that and it worked.. and from what I can see.. that is what it is!!! Just don't have the piece that fits in the top.. nor what was on the back wheels.. maybe it was just rubber wheels. But thanks for that.. now I think I know what it is. :)
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:04 am

WAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! I WANNA GO TOO!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry. There's bugger-all Trans Ams down here, let alone KITT conversions. Oh well, that's the price you pay for living in the best country in the whole world. (sniff)
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.