Watching Americas Got Talent

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Lyn
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lyn » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:23 am

Watched tonight's show, and I liked it, even with the scorpion thing, so I hope the dangerous comic guy got rid of the scorpion in his act by the next time he would perform his act.
DH was rightfully blunt toward the bird calling lady, and sometimes bluntness needs to be part of the show, even from DH himself.
I saw Regis Philbin more in this episode this time out, and the two guys who were jugglers were fun to watch, as was the team of dancers from a college
or something like that.
Also, I think "America's Got Talent" is a better reality TV venture for DH than his stint on a celebrity edition of "Fear Factor" that he did in 2001.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:12 pm

Oh, yea...that. Wasn't he eliminated in round one?

Mind you, ANYONE who dares appear on Fear Factor is a hero in my book...no matter how badly they may do.

1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006
Rookie

Really?

Post by 1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:35 pm

David was on Fear Factor? And I missed it? BUMMER! I thought both jugglers on the past show were very good. :D
One man CAN make a difference Michael.
"I raised him(KITT) from a little ass" - "Ice Bandits"

1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006
Rookie

Last Nights episode....

Post by 1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:02 pm

Did anyone else see it? I noticed David had a cast on his right wrist. Hope it heals soon and he's back in KITT telling all the girls "Get into my car!" :D

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:46 pm

The show was more intense last night, but it was still fun, and I'm glad the stripper geezer guy wasn't chosen to perform on the show, so DH and his two fellow judges made a wise decision.
DH was, at times, a bit more subdued, due to his injured right arm, but still he did a good job.
The best part was the Miller kid improving in the harmonica playing department, and I still liked the yodeling kid, too.
I got sucked into this show, because it's been interesting, and last night was no exception.
I'm also glad viewers get to have a choice of voting for their favorite act online.
The funniest part was when Regis asked DH why DH hated jugglers, and DH said, "Don't Hassel the Hoff", as if to say, "Don't go there, Reege!"

Major Ursa
Operative

Post by Major Ursa » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:37 pm

The Miller Brothers are in the finals from the judges vote. The yodleing girl made it on the puplic vote. She beat out the clogging group All that. They use contemerary music to clog to.
"Oh I just went to any Pontiac dealer and asked for the Trans Am with the James Bond option package." - Micro Knutt, Knutt Rider(A Mad Magazine parody of Knight Rider)

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:12 am

Saw David on Jay Leno:

I watched it last night and I was laughing so hard at his story about when he cut his wrist. That must have been partly embarrasing. I thought that was kinda funny how they said he played Garthe better than Michael. I was hoping they would say something about the movie since KR was talked about just a bit, wishful thinking. Oh well.

Major Ursa
Operative

Post by Major Ursa » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:43 am

If any of you watched last night's show, David had on a very funny T-shirt when they were showing him with the other two judges discussing who thye like to chose to be on stage. The shirt said "Don't hassle the Hoff."

As for the show, that one guy who had the weird outfit in the first round cmae abk with another outfit. The judges did not like it.
"Oh I just went to any Pontiac dealer and asked for the Trans Am with the James Bond option package." - Micro Knutt, Knutt Rider(A Mad Magazine parody of Knight Rider)

1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006
Rookie

Post by 1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:22 am

Major, Yeah I saw that shirt, I was thinking that would be a cool shirt to own, don't you? :)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:47 am

I think it's actually "Don't Hassel the Hoff", which is still a funny thing to put on a T-shirt, but for DH, it works.
The show on Wednesday was interesting, and DH was feeling better this time out, so he got with it much better.
I'm glad I taped DH's latest appearance on Jay Leno's show and saw clips of that on Nat's website.
I loved seeing the At Last guys perform again, too.

Major Ursa
Operative

Post by Major Ursa » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:02 pm

The funniest thing about this week's shows was that all three judges kept us in suspence on Wendsday night by not voting till Thursday night's show. I bet it played havoc with the people who voted for the acts.