Knight Rider 4th and last season coming April 4th

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:54 pm

Scott Kirkessner wrote:Hey..... am I the only one who has realized that there is no "pre-menu" before viewing the episodes individually. No way to read an on screen synopsis or choose scenes...
Nope, I, along with FuzzieDice, mentioned it in another thread. Just another consequence of a rushed set. I mean, really...would it have taken that much time to type up an individual synopsis for each epsiode?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

G.O.L.I.A.T.H
Volunteer

Post by G.O.L.I.A.T.H » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:41 am

i want to buy season 4 but is the sound effects problem as serious as season 3?

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:47 am

Well, I just got Season 4 today, finally.

I have watched KOTJ and there are indeed missing sound effects, however, they are minute but it depends how picky you are.

Contrary to what has been said about the sound effect when Nordstrom squeezes devon's shoulder, the squelching sound is there BUT the effect is dulled down. However, it sounded blatant enough.

The missing sound effects I noticed were:

Nordstrom crushing that guy's hand near the beginning of the episode, before smashing him into the boulders. No squelching noise.

No boat engine sound effect when Michael and Marta escape.

No two thuds when RC climbs down off the car after dealing with the punks who were going to attempt to smash kitt's windscreen.

No beeping noise when Michael presses the EBS button for the EBS wings to fold back in, nor were there effects of the wings actually folding in either. This sequence was just where Michael pulls up to study the Juggernaut at the airport.

And that's it.

I personally didn't find these as annoying as the season 3 effects, they were much bigger in terms of focus of the scene.

However, it's no excuse, we are still not getting what we paid for.

I just hope there are no repeats of missing sound effects in the following episodes.

As for the sypnosis, they are on the back of the box so it really doesn't matter to me.

Gonzaloa
Rookie

Post by Gonzaloa » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:37 pm

Hi.
When I went to make the order from the store that import the DVD series I buy, ther said the fourth season doesn't have spanish subtitles, even said it doesn't have english subtitles. It's that true?

I put the orden in hold while I get this information.

I already bought season 3, but couldn't watch any episode yet.

Thanks.

kittknight1979
Rookie

Post by kittknight1979 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:26 pm

Season 4 has some missing stuff! It would nice to have all the teasers in it(knight song and scent of roses do not have any).
Kitt, I need you!

Clerko is the HoFF
Volunteer

Post by Clerko is the HoFF » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:13 pm

YYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..........

I AM ZE HOFF

Gee guys the series is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :oops:

GUI

Clerko is the HoFF
Volunteer

Post by Clerko is the HoFF » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:13 pm

Gonzaloa wrote:Hi.
When I went to make the order from the store that import the DVD series I buy, ther said the fourth season doesn't have spanish subtitles, even said it doesn't have english subtitles. It's that true?

I put the orden in hold while I get this information.

I already bought season 3, but couldn't watch any episode yet.

Thanks.
No thanks to you..........

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:23 pm

Clerko is the HoFF wrote: No thanks to you..........
lol...... :lol:

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:37 pm

Just received the dvd in the mail from Amazon....

As soon as I opened it up, i went straight to the bonus features.... Boy was i disappointed.. The blueprints of KITT is basically the KITT kit and the Flashback of the 80s TV shows was interesting... But is that it for the bonus features???? Really disappointed.... No Knight Rider bloopers that all of us had hoped for or maybe something better and more relevant to Knight Rider instead of the bonus features that are present in the dvd now...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:10 pm

imranbecks wrote:Just received the dvd in the mail from Amazon....

As soon as I opened it up, i went straight to the bonus features.... Boy was i disappointed.. The blueprints of KITT is basically the KITT kit and the Flashback of the 80s TV shows was interesting... But is that it for the bonus features???? Really disappointed.... No Knight Rider bloopers that all of us had hoped for or maybe something better and more relevant to Knight Rider instead of the bonus features that are present in the dvd now...
Yep, that's it. Hey, at least Universal couldn't cop-out this time and put an episode of the next season on there to call a "bonus feature." "The Great '80s TV Flashback" was a good documentary, only it's available on every other recent Universal release. And not only that, but nearly all of the interviews used in the Knight Rider segment were taken directly from the Season 1 set. So really, if we were interested in that particular feature only for the Knight Rider segment (like, say, I don't know...most of the people that bought the set?), we'd be getting a repeat of what we already have.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:57 pm

I agree. And, who would buy just season 4 and not the other seasons? Well, I guess some would (nothing wrong with it actually) but I would think most would want to get all 4 sets and have the complete run.

Julius May
Volunteer

Post by Julius May » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:01 pm

Skav wrote:Well, I just got Season 4 today, finally.

I have watched KOTJ and there are indeed missing sound effects, however, they are minute but it depends how picky you are.

Contrary to what has been said about the sound effect when Nordstrom squeezes devon's shoulder, the squelching sound is there BUT the effect is dulled down. However, it sounded blatant enough.

The missing sound effects I noticed were:

Nordstrom crushing that guy's hand near the beginning of the episode, before smashing him into the boulders. No squelching noise.

No boat engine sound effect when Michael and Marta escape.

No two thuds when RC climbs down off the car after dealing with the punks who were going to attempt to smash kitt's windscreen.

No beeping noise when Michael presses the EBS button for the EBS wings to fold back in, nor were there effects of the wings actually folding in either. This sequence was just where Michael pulls up to study the Juggernaut at the airport.

And that's it.

I personally didn't find these as annoying as the season 3 effects, they were much bigger in terms of focus of the scene.

However, it's no excuse, we are still not getting what we paid for.

I just hope there are no repeats of missing sound effects in the following episodes.

As for the sypnosis, they are on the back of the box so it really doesn't matter to me.
Please contact http://www.tvshowsondvd.com about the KR DVD problems and ask them to contact the company that put the show on DVD . Link: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/faq/contact.cfm
Julius May

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:32 pm

Despite some minor flaws like this, I found it great to have season four as a birthday present to me. And, there's even some satisfaction on watching the episode where it was Michael's birthday on my birthday. :D

Has anyone caught the recent AT&T advertisement that co-stars KITT as a pitchman, yet?