It would have been nice to see at least another season.

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kittknight1979
Rookie

It would have been nice to see at least another season.

Post by kittknight1979 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:23 pm

It would have been nice to see another season of knight rider. At least they could have done was play "scent of roses" for the last episode instead of "voodoo knight". To me it seemed like they could have gone another season easy.
Kitt, I need you!

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by HungarianKnight » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:48 am

NBC run out of budget, so the show was cancelled. It's a shame, KR had so many aspects yet to be explored. Kitt could have gotten a new dashboard, a new front end and here it would go!

Fans should make more episodes, like those dudes do with Star Trek TOS. I mean, there are dozens of replicas by now and nobody needs to destroy driveshafts by Turbo Boosting, we have CGI.

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:04 pm

It would have been nice to have 1 more season. To have 5 seasons would have been perfect of course I would have liked more than that. Look at the shows that are on nowdays. Home Improvement went for 9 seasons, 7th Heaven went for 11 seasons I think, Everybody Loves Raymond was like 7 seasons, Reba is still on and it is going for 5 seasons. Of course most of these shows are only 1/2 an hour long and KR was a hour long.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:36 pm

I actually think the show ran its course. By the fourth season, the writers began running out of ideas, and the addition of RC3 and Super Pursuit Mode could only do so much. If Season 4 began to decline in quality, I think it's safe to say that Season 5 would have gone down the same path...
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Major Ursa
Operative

Post by Major Ursa » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:29 pm

I think at that time, the novilty of high tech vehicles began to decline. Airwolf would soon move to cable's USA network. Blue Thunder, Street Hawk, and Riptide (Roboz) were canceled by that time.
"Oh I just went to any Pontiac dealer and asked for the Trans Am with the James Bond option package." - Micro Knutt, Knutt Rider(A Mad Magazine parody of Knight Rider)

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:17 pm

I like season four, in fact I think it was the best season of Knight Rider and I was hoping that there would be a season five but no.

It would be cool to see Knight Rider come back to tv in a new series and as HungarianKnight said earlier they could use CGI to have KITT turbo boost instead of wrecking all those trans-ams. The technology now is far more advanced from the time that KR was cancelled. And I think if KR would come back now it would look way better than before.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:02 pm

4 or 5 seasons were about right for shows back in the 80's, they didn't spawn 10 seasons like shows of today do, with the exception of Dallas.

I think too much of a good thing is bad and KR ended just right with the exception of SOR not being the last episode.

Would you rather see a season chocablock with stock footage and rarely any stunts or remember KR at it's peak?

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:19 pm

Personally I didn't care much for season 4. I think that's just me. I didn't like how they changed KITT with SPM and as a convertable. I mean a convertable just isn't possible with T-tops. I guess I am just weird...hehe.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:37 pm

I didn't like convertible mode. It was pointless and made Michael vulnerable