Garth and K.A.R.R.

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

midniterider
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Garth and K.A.R.R.

Post by midniterider » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:40 pm

:idea: I don't know why the producers chose to have Wilton Knight's corrupt son Garth create Goliath. If it were left up to me, I'd marry up Garth with K.A.R.R. and use Goliath as the travelling truck for K.A.R.R. Why it's perfect....evil car with an evil driver. I'd even go one step further and have April turn evil too, and have her travel inside Goliath to service K.A.R.R. This would have been the perfect adversarial situation to Michael, K.I.T.T. and Bonnie! Imagine the possibilities! :wink:

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:41 pm

Great idea, i like it

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:08 pm

The Evil version of FLAG....I like it. :D Only, they'd need an evil version of Devon to round it out nicely....

chrisebourg
Operative

Re: Garth and K.A.R.R.

Post by chrisebourg » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:45 pm

midniterider wrote::idea: I don't know why the producers chose to have Wilton Knight's corrupt son Garth create Goliath. If it were left up to me, I'd marry up Garth with K.A.R.R. and use Goliath as the travelling truck for K.A.R.R. Why it's perfect....evil car with an evil driver. I'd even go one step further and have April turn evil too, and have her travel inside Goliath to service K.A.R.R. This would have been the perfect adversarial situation to Michael, K.I.T.T. and Bonnie! Imagine the possibilities! :wink:
Yes, in fact, this would have been a great plot. Garth in K.A.R.R. using Goliath to drive K.A.R.R. I don't know about you but it would take Micahel and K.I.T.T. great powers and luck to beat all 3 of them! A madman driving a mad car whom is being carried around by a mad truck...

knightrider2004
Operative

Post by knightrider2004 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:51 pm

then wat if bonnie coated the semi with the MBS and RC3 battled with Goliath while Michael, K.I.T.T, and K.A.R.R fought! that would be most excellent! and for the evil april her and bonnie could fight like michael and garth did in goliath.
Michael wouldnt one woman be sufficient?

-K.I.T.T., Trust Doesent Rust

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:59 am

I've thought of this concept before myself. At least the idea of Garthe driving K.A.R.R., and someone mentioned that the concept was in the Knight Rider game. I never went so far as to think that Goliath could harbor K.A.R.R. and April going bad. An evil version of Devon wouldn't be so far-fetched in the Knight Rider universe, afterall Bonnie & Devon have been cloned, and you could say Michael Knight is essentially a clone of Garthe Knight after his facial reconstruction.

Another concept I've wondered about before is K.I.T.T. from the episode "Killer K.I.T.T." vs. K.A.R.R. Now that would be one good battle, Killer K.I.T.T. became basically like K.A.R.R. on steroids!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

82TransAm
Recruit

Post by 82TransAm » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:16 pm

The biggest problem with Garth driving K.A.R.R. is both of thier attiudes. Garth would never listen to anything K.A.R.R. would tell him and vice versa.

Garth" K.A.R.R. boost me up to the top of that building..."

K.A.R.R. " NO! we will just drive through the side..."

And so on....

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:40 pm

K.A.R.R. would do what he needs to do whether Garth approves or not, but would use Garth for things he can't accomplish on his own.

"Manual override, press Turbo Boost!"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:34 pm

Maybe it would be K.A.R.R. and his driver Garthe, with April as tech, Goliath as the truck and Maddock (from KR 2000) gone evil (he was nearly that as it was!) as an Alternate Devon (which was almost what he was in KR 2000 anyway). ;)

The new crew would be "GALF" (Flag spelled backwards) or Black Flag (oops, that's a roach killer ;) ).

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:39 pm

Wasn't this the idea used in the Knight Rider PS2 Game? As I recall from posts, Garth & KARR were paired up. However, Goliath was absent.

I always thought that if the series continiued that there'd be an episode where someone, like Garth, would find KARR's CPU and, in this case, install it in a newer Goliath.
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:30 pm

Lost Knight wrote:...afterall Bonnie & Devon have been cloned...
bonnie? when...?
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:40 am

In the episode "Killer K.I.T.T.," Bonnie was "cloned" by Berio's girlfriend with an identical mask, wig, and tape recorder of her voice to sabotage K.I.T.T. No plastic surgery though, like the type used to create Devon's clone, or to duplicate Michael's face from a combination of an old picture from WWII and Garth Knight.

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:48 am

knightrider2004 wrote:then wat if bonnie coated the semi with the MBS and RC3 battled with Goliath while Michael, K.I.T.T, and K.A.R.R fought! that would be most excellent! and for the evil april her and bonnie could fight like michael and garth did in goliath.
well now, we have got ourselves an episode of robot wars!

:lol:

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:51 am

82TransAm wrote:The biggest problem with Garth driving K.A.R.R. is both of thier attiudes. Garth would never listen to anything K.A.R.R. would tell him and vice versa.

Garth" K.A.R.R. boost me up to the top of that building..."

K.A.R.R. " NO! we will just drive through the side..."

And so on....
K.A.R.R. to Garth: This does not compute I am the Knight Automated Roving Roboit, this does not compute.....

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:52 am

FuzzieDice wrote:Maybe it would be K.A.R.R. and his driver Garthe, with April as tech, Goliath as the truck and Maddock (from KR 2000) gone evil (he was nearly that as it was!) as an Alternate Devon (which was almost what he was in KR 2000 anyway). ;)

The new crew would be "GALF" (Flag spelled backwards) or Black Flag (oops, that's a roach killer ;) ).
Knight Rider of the Future - evil evil evil

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:39 pm

Why not make the evil FLAG team be head by Garthe's own mother? I mean she was still around, I don't recall her dying or getting killed. And the tech could be April, taking up their side because FLAG dumped her to get Bonnie back.

The only problem with that is I think, as seen in TDR, if KARR got into a crunch, no matter how loyal he was to his driver, he would dump Garthe to help get away, unless, that is, April can reprogram him to bypass that.

The possibilities with this idea is mind blowing...surprised they didn't think of it sooner.... how many great sci-fi/fantasy shows had an evil counterpart? Sliders had the Kromaggs, Quantum Leap had the Evil QL project, Stargate had the Gua'ould and even the NID against them, and Star Trek had the mirror universe..... this idea really fits. Maybe if I revive my fan fiction series after I graduate I may explore this idea even further.

-Steve

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:19 pm

Hi all New people welcome to the world of knight rider
any way K.A.R.R and Grathe bad/good idea bad because you know one of them would stab the other in the back. good because they be so into fight about what to do to kitt and michel that they would never do any thing to gather

TransAmKITT2000
Volunteer

Opposites Attract

Post by TransAmKITT2000 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:41 pm

As the saying goes "opposites attract" which in this case it would work
very well.It would be nice to have seen such a storyline and have it
to reoccur every so often during the series run.If it was made into
a part of a new "Knight Rider" series it would seem now a bit out dated.

knightrider2004
Operative

Post by knightrider2004 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:54 pm

no it could be an alternate universe that crosses over evry so often!
Michael wouldnt one woman be sufficient?

-K.I.T.T., Trust Doesent Rust

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:45 pm

Back before I got the DVD's and all I had were childhood memories of the show, I could *swear* I remember an episode where Garth was driving KARR. It turned out to not be Garth or KARR at all, it was Michael disguised as Garth driving KITT, and the episode was Goliath. It's funny how you can mix episodes up in your head after you haven't seen them for 15+ years. I guess memory is funny when you're a kid.

nbcviper
Rookie

... i got one

Post by nbcviper » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:57 pm

what if the Viper defender and the "Original" Joe come out and help michael??? :)
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

Major Ursa
Operative

Post by Major Ursa » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:24 pm

I'm surprised that the writters back then did not think of this plot twist. But that would have been good if the show lasted a few more years. KARR and Golieth would almost be an unbeatable pair.
"Oh I just went to any Pontiac dealer and asked for the Trans Am with the James Bond option package." - Micro Knutt, Knutt Rider(A Mad Magazine parody of Knight Rider)

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:58 pm

That's a cool thought but I don't see April going to the evil side. I like both Bonnie and April equally. I don't think they gave either one enough personality like they did Michael and Devon. Even KITT had more personality than Bonnie or April. I still like them both though.

Rossy
Rookie

Post by Rossy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:14 am

Yeah you could use the Devon from Night of the Jugornaut the one created by laser surgury LOL

5* General
Recruit

Post by 5* General » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:23 pm

A fountian of great ideas here..Tho true, Garth & K.A.R.R. would quarrel, one could write a few books in a series on this matter. A lost Knight adventures book series, etc. :D 8) :karr:
"I was watching you deactivate the Rev, was he malfunctioning?"