Question regarding Karr

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Question regarding Karr

Post by HungarianKnight » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:10 am

We all know that the computer of Wilton Knight's first car was named the Knight Automated Roving Robot. But was the car itself a Knight 2000 too? I think Kitt and Karr had the same car architecture, we always hear that Karr can everything Kitt can...

Arroww'
Operative

Post by Arroww' » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:13 pm

Yep! KARR is the same thing that KITT is, except for the cpu..... :wink:

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:17 pm

I always thought the only diff between KITT and KARR was the CPU, but if that was the case, then why didn't they just rip out KARR's CPU and replace it with KITT's?

Gotta be easier than building a new car from scratch.

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:18 pm

KARR was originally deactivated because he turned out to be dangerous due to his programming. After the former FLAG operative was killed (the one mentioned in Knight of the Drones), Wilton suspended the entire FLAG project. They never explicitly state that this operative was KARR's driver, nor do they implicate KARR in his death (they state that the escaped criminal Michael was chasing was responsible). It is possible that KARR was involved in some manner, even if it was saving himself instead of protecting his driver. Anyway, KARR was determined to be dangerous and unreliable, so he was deactivated. When the operative was killed though, Wilton basically just said "hell with it" and shut down FLAG entirely. The whole reason KARR was bitter and wanted revenge is because he was deactivated. Prior to this, he may have been okay working with FLAG, except for his unpredictability and self-serving nature. But anyway, when FLAG was shut down, Wilton and Devon ordered KARR (who was likely deactivated at this point) dismantled. Wilton didn't think about reactivating the FLAG project until he found Michael (this may have been before Michael was 'killed", as they had been watching him for a period of time). At this time, both Devon and Wilton had thought that KARR had been dismantled. That's why they built KITT instead. I don't know what happened that caused KARR to not be dismantled, maybe something happened and the people who were supposed to do it just didn't have time.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:58 pm

From what I gathered from bits and pieced in Trust Doesn't Rust (book and in the series) Wilton was running from Tonya Walker's bunch, and they moved, and thought that they didn't take KARR with them. Also I got the impression that it was Wilton that deactivated KARR himself, and that he was going to dismantle the car but didn't due to the quick need to move. Devon wasn't the one that wanted the deactivation, exactly, as he thought Wilton had it done or he would have used KARR. When KARR blew up the first time, Devon seemed rather disappointed that they had to lose KARR, as if he somehow had plans for him or something, like maybe have Bonnie reprogram him to help KITT and Michael. Who knows... There's a lot of hints here and there yet a lot of holes on what exactly happened.

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:13 pm

Interesting. I'll have to watch Trust Doesn't Rust again, I don't remember what happened with Wilton and Tonya's gang.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:27 pm

Devon just made mention about Knight Industries' problems with Tonya and her gang. Apparently they stole plans from Knight Industries and sold them on the black market or something. Or were going to. I don't remember if it was mentioned in the actual show or if it was in the Knight Rider: Trust Doesn't Rust (#3) Novel, but one of the two (who knows, maybe both). Pay close attention to what Devon says about KARR in both Trust Doesn't Rust and in KITT vs. KARR.