Everything You Ever Wanted to Know . . .

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightshade
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know . . .

Post by knightshade » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:11 pm

. . . About Fic Authors and More!

Hi all,

I ran across this idea while traipsing through another fandom and thought it was pretty spiffy. So, I'm adding a new feature to my website -- 20 Questions: Interviews with KR Fanfic Authors. Basically, I'm going to pose 20 questions to a different fanfic writer every month (or every other month as my schedule permits :P ). I thought it would be a different way to let people talk about their experiences writing in this fandom. I'm often curious about how other people go about creating a story since the process of writing varies so greatly from person to person. So I figured, how better to find out than to actually ask people. :D

A hearty thank you to Tomy, who was kind and brave enough to be my first victim. :twisted: You can find her interview at http://dknightshade.homestead.com/20Questions.html.

Oh, and commas, who needs commas? :D

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:40 pm

Wow, this is a really nifty idea! What a way to exchange thought processes or ideas. Doesn't even require a person to person conversation, and everybody can get in on the info.
Cool stuff, can't wait for more.

Rusti
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:51 am

very cool, I like this idea too. gives a bit more of a perspective on the writers and their works. look forward to more!

Janeway
Recruit

Post by Janeway » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:22 pm

Hey, cool idea. I'd be happy to be your next vict...errrmm..volunteer.

Janeway

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:35 pm

::rubs hands together and does best Monty Burns voice:: Exxxcelllennnt!

More 'volunteers.' :D

Seriously though, cool, and thanks guys. :) I've definitely looking forward to this. I have a ton of ideas for questions bouncing around in my head. So much so that I may have to do this more than once a month. :shock: I am going to try to get to people from different corners of the fandom to try to get different perspectives, so stayed tuned. :)

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:37 pm

I'll have to pass, seeing that I've only done four KR fics (two for a series, one I co-wrote for the same series, and the KR movie script... Doesn't really count much).

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:33 pm

knightshade wrote:::rubs hands together and does best Monty Burns voice:: Exxxcelllennnt!

More 'volunteers.' :D

Seriously though, cool, and thanks guys. :) I've definitely looking forward to this. I have a ton of ideas for questions bouncing around in my head. So much so that I may have to do this more than once a month. :shock: I am going to try to get to people from different corners of the fandom to try to get different perspectives, so stayed tuned. :)
'Volunteers' or 'Victims'? You be the judge. Anyhow, I'd happily volunteer, yes.

Rusti
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:43 pm

I'd volunteer, but I doubt you would want to have anything to do with me.

I'm not that interesting anyway. :(

KI

KOSI
Recruit

Post by KOSI » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:14 am

I'd volunteer, but then, when you think about it, out of four active Knight Rider fanfiction projects I had last year, only one was released, and only one is still active, so I'm not exactly the most prolific of authors, thanks to a little problem I have thanks to being my own nitpicker. *Goes back and revises the post twenty-seven times before posting, and still wants to go back and revise more*

Asp
Volunteer

Post by Asp » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:10 pm

Well Knightshade, since you've already interviewed my wife, I'm game to be interviewed whenever you want. It's a great idea with great poignant questions. Looking forward to more

Asp 8)
Who watches the watcher?

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:23 pm

Thanks so much guys!

Here's the thing. There aren't any limits on how many stories you have to have written or how long you have to have been writing or anything like that. I want a wide cross-section, so newbie, oldie, prolific, slow as molasses, kr, kr2k, tkr, canon, alt universe, whatever. :D I just want to get a wide variety of ideas and voices and all. I have an idea in my head of how to spread things out and so I'm very glad to know that you're willing -- makes things much easier -- but if I don't get to you right away, please don't take it wrong. I also got some volunteers over email and there are a lot of people to get to. I am going to try to space out the people who I know write together and those whose stories tend to fall in the same broad catagories. Please be patient with me -- you're on my list. :D And thanks so much for volunteering.

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:15 pm

What a great idea; I loved reading Tomy's 20 Questions. A few of her answers had me thinking, 'Yeah, me too!' (especially commas. My goal in life is to find the Holy Comma Rulebook :wink: ).

I know you mentioned that you don't mind the level of experience/output, Knightshade, so - maybe after reading other 20 Questions from some more 'professional' fan fiction authors - I'd like to give this a go too.

Especially Knightimmortal - I want to know how you produce so many epic tales, and so fast! :shock: Have the Tommyknockers helped you build a machine? :wink:

Sarah
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:12 pm

Well, since you said that you have no limits, you've got me. Just e-mail me the questions, or whatever it is you do for your interview. :)

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:23 am

SadArticle wrote: My goal in life is to find the Holy Comma Rulebook :wink: ).
Well, not sure this counts as Holy, but I seem to find it useful http://ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/commas.htm. Actually its a very good grammar site in general. I use it all the time. And if you had told me in high school that I would one day be voluntarily going to grammar websites, I would have told you you were nuts. :wink: