Favourite Episode - Unlikely Suspects

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Zoom7000
Volunteer

Favourite Episode - Unlikely Suspects

Post by Zoom7000 » Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:49 pm

Now before everyone goes ahead and votes for the "usual suspects" I was hoping people could vote for other episodes aside from:

Knight of the Phoenix
Trust Doesn't Rust
Goliath
Goliath Returns
Knight of the Drones
KITT vs KARR
Junk Yard Dog
Knight of the Juggernaut
The Scent of Roses

Hmmm, I think thats the list of "usual suspects" so... other than these episodes, which did you like best?

Zoom7000

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:30 pm

I had a term for episodes your describing, but now I can't remember... It was something along the lines of "unsung heroes", those solid stories that were really good but that don't get the publicity of the "bigger" episodes.

Some of mine:
A Nice, Indecent Little Town
Not A Drop to Drink
Halloween Knight
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:34 pm

I'm going with Mike on 'A Nice, Indecent Little Town' and 'Halloween Knight'. I'll add "Custom KITT'

And on the 'unsung heroes/usual suspects' you forgot Soul Survivor.

KI

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:07 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:I had a term for episodes your describing, but now I can't remember... It was something along the lines of "unsung heroes", those solid stories that were really good but that don't get the publicity of the "bigger" episodes.
'Underdog' episodes? That's what I've been calling them.

My favourite is 'Ring of Fire'. It's just strangely believable for Knight Rider!

Sarah
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:35 am

My favorites?

Knightmares
Knight in Disgrace
White Bird

I will probably have more once I can see all of them again. I really don't remember some of the eps because I saw them only once or twice when I was 12!

To me it will be like getting to see them for the first time all over again!

Beth C

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:05 am

Here's my list:
-Soul Survivor
-Knightmares
-Lost Knight
-Good day at White Rock
-Just my bill
-Chariot of gold
-Knight in disgrace
-Circus Knights
-Killer KITT
-Silent Knight

+many others, I don't even have every episodes and don't remember everything from 80's

KITTfan

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:26 pm

SOR, although so many people like this episode that I don't know if it can be considered an underdog episode anymore.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:17 pm

Ok, ok, let's get a bit of a defintion of and 'underdog episode' here.

An underdog episode (also unsung hero) is NOT one that is commonly a favorite, and is not mentioned all that much.

SOR, Soul Survivor, those types are all common favorites, that got the pubicity needed to make them winners.

So let's try this again, shall we?

KI

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:35 pm

Thank you, Knightimmortal.

I was going to mention the meandering path of this thread yesterday, but then thought otherwise, as technically only 'Soul Survivor' contradicted the 'main' episode list, at that point. I thought I'd get, "No, the first post said these episodes, not the ones I'm listing..." :wink:

Come on, people. Vote for the little guys

Sarah

Soul Sista
Rookie

Post by Soul Sista » Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:32 pm

I liked A Good Knight's Work,Merchants Of Death,Blind Spot,and Ice Bandits.Just seeing that donkey get on Kitt's nerve through the Bandits episode cracks me up everytime.Poor Kitt! :lol:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:36 pm

Poor KITT, or poor Kit?! :)

Mike

Soul Sista
Rookie

Post by Soul Sista » Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:52 pm

Umm,the last one. :lol:

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:34 pm

Don't think many agree with me here, but i think one of my favorite underdog episodes was "Not a drop to drink". I dunno why, i've just always liked that episode.

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:25 am

Centaurus17 wrote:Don't think many agree with me here, but i think one of my favorite underdog episodes was "Not a drop to drink". I dunno why, i've just always liked that episode.
*cringes*

The boy was worse than Buddy (of pilot episode infamy: "I'm not stooopid"), and the scenes with the bull made me shrink into my seat!

And what was with the woman's father/father-in-law encouraging her to throw herself at Michael?

Sorry, Centaurus - 'Not A Drop To Drink' triggers an allergic reaction with me :?

Sarah

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:57 pm

I have a list of my favorite episodes each for a different reason:

Knightmares:Because we finaly saw what Michael Long was like before the Knight foundation recruited him.I know many will say Michael stayed the same but I wanted to know how much of a difference would it be to see him about like 3 years before he was recruited.Maybe that might explain why he didn't recognize the car that was chasing him was his own(his was black over gold).It kinda made me feal this was another way to introduce kitt to Michael instead of the pilot.This one was much funnier and cooler.

Whitebird:If you had a chance to help a woman who you loved in another life and she didn't recognize you because of plastic surgery,I'm sure you would be as tence as Michael was.His blood pressure was short of a heart attack.He now had the foundation,Kitt,Bonnie and a new identity that could help protect him from Stevie and help protect her from the bad guys.He was realy good in that episode.

Soul Survivor:(I know it was banned from the list)I loved it cause we were able to see how kitt would react if he was split from his body.This out of body experience was very humerous.It showed how the knight 2000 was not kitt just a body and kitt was the brain behind the computer.

Kitt:Don't say anything,not one word.
Michael:Are you ok?
Kitt:I'm not ok.I'm being held captive inside a television set.
April:Its the best we could do to make you portable.
Kitt:....and totaly rediculous.I feel like a boobie prize at a holloween party.

I was cracking up at that and the threat to kitt that Michael would change channels to a gameshow.lolol.

Lost Knight:I just love how every series does a amnesia episode.But I would never expect a computer to ahve that done.The Knight 2000 cpu should have either sustained the shock intact or been totaly shut down.The memory banks shouldnt have been erased or reset.

Knight flight to freedom:I loved how he wanted the traitor to get a fair hearing.The speech about democracy was awesome and heart warming to all patriots of America(Including me).The lava bath was pretty cool to me too.

Killer kitt:I love every episode where kitts taken control of and turned against Michael.There was a mistake int he episode.Michael said he would have to destroy kitt.They just decided to reprogram him instead.How would they have done it?

chariots of gold:Look up at episode listed before this one.The speach about "Kitt stands for the Knight industries Two Thousand.I know that cause your my car kitt.You belong to me! You'll have to kill me to stop me.That was soooo cool."

Knight of the Chamelion:I liked any episode where Michael was having a twin running around."I always said there was too little of me to go around."

Sky Knight.It kinda showed had Bonnie had a natural beauty that didn't need to be brought out with too much make up.The kid liked her.This was a show realy about her character and i realy liked it and how Kitt used his parachute for the second time in the series.I hate flieing myself.

Well that's about it.A few more like let it be me where we first saw scenes of Michael Long kissing Stevie Mason,and how much he realy cared for her enough to give up the foundation.That was almost as big as when he was about to resign in Knight of the juggernaught to get Jennifer to beliveve him and scent of roses.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:20 pm

I think that the boy in Not a Drop to Drink is the brother of Family Ties star Tina Yothers. Who played Jennifer Keaton. Same last name and they kind of look alike also.

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:03 pm

I think the sheer corniness and cheesiness of that episode just kinda made me laugh, which is why its one of my favorites. Ill admit, i didn't like it at all initially, but it kinda grew on me.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:48 pm

I liked not a drop to drink cause it showed Devon getting in trouble for once and Michael just bailing him out for a change of rolls.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:04 am

I think you have Not a Drop To Drink confused with No Big Thing. That is where Devon gets tossed in jail and Michael has to bail him out. In Not a Drop To Drink, Michael has to help a widowed mother ranch-hand and her family get water to her ranch and being sabotaged by the bad guy.

KI

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:05 am

Not a Drop To Drink is a good episode because it has what I think is KITT's most unique stunt: From a stopped position, he hops up on two wheels and skis backwards between two oncoming earthmovers. Eat your heart out, General Lee.

Mike

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:06 am

.....And really cool reused Superman Footage. ;)

KI

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:30 am

Yeah i got the episodes confused cause thy were very close together I'm guessing.I did love No big thing for the reason I posted before.My other favorite episode is Ring of fire.Kitt is shown all muddy and realy not a car of the future monent for him.More like Car of the ba'you.Also the scene where they escape being cooked in the giant microwave( my idea of the room.)

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:55 pm

I agree about 'Ring of Fire', Knight Racer. Seeing Kitt covered in mud, and vulnerable because of the damage to his systems ("I dislike feeling inadequate"), was a nice change of pace, I thought. And Michael was believable in this, too. The episode just had an all-over 'relaxed' pace about it.

I think I can forgive the terrible model shots :wink:

Oh, and March - the kid wasn't played by Bumper Yothers in 'Not A Drop To Drink' ... It was the bull! The bull got credited, and I can't find a listing for the kid anywhere, which just goes to prove my point :lol:

Sarah

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:35 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:Not a Drop To Drink is a good episode because it has what I think is KITT's most unique stunt: From a stopped position, he hops up on two wheels and skis backwards between two oncoming earthmovers. Eat your heart out, General Lee.

Mike
Oh most definately, that had to be one of the greatest KR moments. Kitt using his rockets was also an extra plus. See...its not THAT bad of an episode folks... :D :D

Katt
Operative

Favourite Episodes....

Post by Katt » Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:47 pm

I have a few I like :) 8) :wink: -

Race for life is the one I like the most, it's the episoide where Michael and Kitt have to find a bone marrow transplant guy for Aprils niece, and he turns out to be a gang member.

Lost Knight: I like this episode, cause in a weird way, it shows the human side of Kitt, shows that even he has human feelings, and in a way, is human.

Trust doesn't rust, and kitt vs karr: Both of these episodes, because I think Karr's cool, plus it's interesting to see their interactions, even if one is trying to destroy the other.

I also like junk yard dog.