favorite scene from the show?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

djshag69
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

favorite scene from the show?

Post by djshag69 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:10 pm

this is a weird question, but hell ill ask it. Not your favorite episode, but your favorite scene. this could be a fav fight, face car car chase, anything. even a part of a certain show, where the music kicked in and you loved it. i have a tie between 2 scenes, first in the pilot episode, when kitt turns on by itself and break out of the comtron building, just it starting up and the music kicking in was hott. and in junk yard dog, during the second test run when michael is going about 100 around the test course. I know this is a different question, just curious how everyone will respond

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:18 pm

mine is between two too mine are the seen in KITT vs KARR where KItt michael have just got to where karr has that truck trapped on the bridge and the other is the chase seen in custom made kill where the killer come after kitt and michael.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:48 am

This may not technically be my absolute favorite scene, but it's one I like to bring up. in Not a Drop to Drink, KITT is stopped in the middle of the road by a bulldozer, and two other bulldozers approach from behind. From a stopped position, he hops up on two wheels and drives backwards between the two bulldozers. It's a very unique stunt.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:35 am

I agree with the dj guy - my fave bit was when you see KITT in Comtrom and the scanner suddenly lights up. You've got the music too and you see all the lights etc lighting up. Real cool!

Michael SS-R
Recruit

Post by Michael SS-R » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:10 am

In teh pilot episode when KITT starts up and busts Michael out of teh Jail...that was awesome..especially teh startup sequence..

Knicks4973
Operative

Post by Knicks4973 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:42 pm

My favorite scene is in the pilot, when Michael and KITT are driving to the airport to stop Tanya and her gang. The music sequence is just awesome, and you also have 2 turbo boosts, one through the truck and one over another truck. And we see KITT stop a plane in one pass.

That's a sequence I love replaying over and over again.

Jared

Jake
Recruit

Post by Jake » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:23 am

My favorite scene is the one in the beginning of the Knight Flight to Freedom where the soldiers are arresting Harrington who shouts: "Wait a minute, wait a minute I am a citizen of America!" and suddenly one of the soldiers strikes Harrington with the rifle.

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:29 pm

1. KITT starting up, breaking out of the Comtron building and busting Michael out of jail will always be tops for me - especially because of the awesome music.

Runner-ups:
-Any scene (usualy from season 1) where Michael does something that Devon doesn't approve of (like ordering hamburgers in a fancy restaurant).

-KARR turbo boosting out of the warehouse and over KITT.

-White KITT from JYD doing stuff.

-Also, the last few moments of KOTJ, when KITT becomes a convertible for the first time. I kinda got bored with KR overall by that point, but when that happened (With the music and the ending and all) it revitalized the show for me.

-Michael Knight getting ruthless in SOR.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:19 pm

Glad to see I'm not the only one who liked the startup sequence in KOTP the best :)

Man I've trying to get my engine to sound like at ignition for years!
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Garth Knight
Recruit

Post by Garth Knight » Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:32 pm

JYD
Where KITT looses his nerve. He acts so human.

Knight452
Operative

Post by Knight452 » Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:27 pm

The Scent of Roses...
1.Micheal thinks about his future.
2.Micheal and Steve get married, then she dies :cry: :( :evil: (Sad,Hurt,and BOY,
was micheal pissed off):my favorite line..."I'm Coming for you Darant...I'm coming alone,you count on it. Just you and me. You got 1hour...then the hunt's on again YOU GOT 59 MINUTES.3.The End:"We're going home K.I.T.T. to family, we're going to the foundation."

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:06 pm

Wow, can I limit my favorite(s)? LOL Here's my top 10:
1. Loved the opening scene in an early Season 1 episode where these two cops are sitting on the side of the road waiting for speeding cars and they tag KITT coming along and the one cop can't believe how fast his meter is reading before it tops out and then they get out to look and just as KITT turbo boosts over them, one of them says "What was that?" and the other one thinks for a sec and says "Pontiac..." LOL
2. Definitely the first sequence in KOTP where Michael first test drives KITT with Devon!
3. The startup sequence in Comtron in KOTP
4. One word: Goliath
5. KITT being repaired and tested out in JYD
6. SPM mode's intro. in KOTJ
7. Everything in Scent of Roses.
8. KA.R.R's return in KvK
9. Michael and K.I.T.T.'s showdown in Chariot of Gold
10. K.I.T.T.-in-a-box in Soul Survivor
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:51 am

Some of my personal favourites-

KITT against Goliath in Goliath- the whole sequence.

Some humour. KITT talking to old cowboys in Fright Knight.

Goliath going off the cliff, narrowly missing KITT.

That scene where KITT stops an airplane by running into it.

The new KARR going into the semi.

KARR going out of the museum site. "Michael, that car. It could have been my twin. It looked exactly like me!" "Not exactly. It almost killed me!"

KARR running into the ringmaster. Michael's opinion- "He didn't steal any hamburgers"

KITT t-boosting out of the warehouse, right over KARR.

Chase sequences of KITT and KARR, with the conversations.

Devon is furious, grabbing Sonny by his collar- "Why - did you try - to - kill - Michael"?

KITT disabling a helicopter.

Michael pinned to a wall, about to be shot, till David comes swinging in and knocking all the gunners.

The whole dog chase sequence in MOTS, ending with David hanging from the helicopter.

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:09 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:This may not technically be my absolute favorite scene, but it's one I like to bring up. in Not a Drop to Drink, KITT is stopped in the middle of the road by a bulldozer, and two other bulldozers approach from behind. From a stopped position, he hops up on two wheels and drives backwards between the two bulldozers. It's a very unique stunt.

Mike
Yep, i was thinking of the same one. It was just so cool at the time.

Katt
Operative

Post by Katt » Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:15 pm

Arjun wrote: KITT t-boosting out of the warehouse, right over KARR.
Um, that wasn't Kitt turbo boosting over Karr, that was Karr turbo boosting over Kitt. :)

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:24 pm

thats a nice correction, i didn't even catch that one. I also like the one i forget the name of the episode, where knight fakes killing devon and works for boyd to go undercover, its when kitt doesn't talk to him, and michael says we are about to go through 3 or 4 feet of reinforced concrete i forget how much, and he says something to the effect of i'll stop if you say you can't do it, wow that was the worst description i have ever gave, i hope it made sense.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:56 pm

'Knight in Disgrace' that would be. One of my fave season 3 episodes :D

It's hard for me to pick out any one scene that could be my fave, all the sunts that were done by KITT are cool.

Hmmm.....let's see....maybe when KITT drove on water in 'return to cadiz'..yes, i know many ppl hated that but i thought it was original even though it looked fake as hell. I remember seeing that for the first time and couldn't believe what i was seeing...a car driving on water. it was just very cool.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:09 pm

Give Me Liberty... or Give Me Death, i was just watching that episode, the one where they raced for a alternative fuel, well i loved the part where kitt told michael the roads were getting narrow, and he jumped over the oranger charger, which basically looked exactly like the general lee from dukes of hazzard, i mean kitt completly took off and totally jumped over the charger while it was moving, its the cloest we going to ever get to see the general lee and kitt together.