KITT vs the french army

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightAvenger77
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KnightAvenger77 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:26 pm

knightimmortal wrote: Lets talk Knight Rider
KI
and what are you doing????? TALKING ABOUT BULL CHIPS

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:28 pm

Excuse me?

KI

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:32 pm

Knightavenger, if you're looking for someone to accuse of highjacking your topic, you'd better go looking elsewhere.

Rusti
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:35 pm

Stop picking on the french.

They're our traditional enemy, hands off!

KnightAvenger77
Rookie

Post by KnightAvenger77 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:40 pm

who said i was accusing anybody? i think this is a funny little "mini-war"

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:43 pm

Then I think you need to grow up a little bit, because for one: 'war is not funny'.

For another, the whole world is not a game. Real people are invovled here, along with real feelings. Now I am sorry that your topic was taken over by a little bit of a spat, but to be honest, you were already told by even the admin of the board that we shouldn't be picking on the French. Maybe rather than taking glee over other people's misery, and hurt feelings, you need to check yourself.

KI

KnightAvenger77
Rookie

Post by KnightAvenger77 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:49 pm

when did i last talk about the french (besides in this reply)

except during the first post! i listen to admins, and i dont think any admins complained about Victory Reds use of language now did they!

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:52 pm

1) It was your topic. You were the one who mentioned the French in the first place.

2) And actually, I think you need to read closer, because the admin did agree with me. And there is only ONE admin. But of course, it probably makes you feel better to accelerate the problem, by not even trying to show respect to the board. I take it that you would rather see a fight than a resolution?

KI

KnightAvenger77
Rookie

Post by KnightAvenger77 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:57 pm

if you want me to just delete this post and we can all just forget thie ever happened? if so then i will

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:01 pm

KITT against an army (very generic all you) If they were only armed with guns, he could beat the world (if he could take human life). He could probably even win if they had grenades, anything heavier though and he's run into trouble.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:28 pm

K.I. is right. Neps is the board admin and its because of him that this board exists.

The buck stops with him. If you don’t like his rules, you don’t have to be here. I know that sounds harsh, but that’s what it comes down to…

If you have an issue you should be talking directly with the people involved not making public spectacle.
Peace be with you. Good night
The irony of that statement is quite staggering!

I don’t think this will dissolve over night. Usually it takes a few days for everyone to read and put their 10 cents worth in.

Speaking of which…. You just read mine. :)

:dash:
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:21 pm

Speaking of which…. You just read mine.
ye yes I did.

any was what i was going to is I have to agree with rockatteer said "The buck stops with him. If you don’t like his rules, you don’t have to be here. I know that sounds harsh, but that’s what it comes down to…"

ps no that is not harsh that is the truth

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:35 pm

Let's all keep in mind that when Neps says stop, you stop. Either that or get blacklisted and banned. Simple. So to go back to the original post...
The French army?? Man, what are you on?!?!
:-P
:kittspin:
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:48 pm

Man, what are you on?!?!

who are you talking to?

KITT against an army (very generic all you) If they were only armed with guns, he could beat the world (if he could take human life). He could probably even win if they had grenades, anything heavier though and he's run into trouble.

usually army means the whole nine yards tanks missile and anything else that make up a army.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

sorry
Last edited by nivek on Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

whaths uuuup?

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:49 pm

nivek wrote:to get the matter off of the matter up above kitt would put up a good fight vs a army. but as for as wining a war agenst 15000000 people are more or less I don't think so
KITT vs. any living thing is an automatic DQ in the "VS" arena, due to KITT's nature towards harming any living thing.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:05 pm

neps wrote:At first I would have disagreed with Knightimmortal, because we have all used a__ here, and if they can say a__ every minute on the Simpsons, then why should we be any different?
Erm...using broadcast TV as an example of what can and can't be said a certain number of times sets a bad example. Because TV censorship has really gone to a place that once was censored on TV.

There was this one sci-fi show I caught a few months back that started out with bad words and built it's way up the ladder for the rest of the hour.

And, let's face it. America's Funniest Home Videos has lost all morality and simply plummets whatever values TV might still have.

GB
Recruit

Post by GB » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:44 am

Yeah, what's the problem with French people ?? :?:

That doesn't make me laugh... :roll: it would be another country of the world, my reaction would be the same...

If you have a problem with French politicians, then that's your right, but don't generalize please :wink: it's not because they are elected by the people that they reflect the exact way of thinking of an entire nation.

A lot of us here don't like Bush (at least his decisions), we don't generalize and say that all the American people are bad.

Back to Knight Rider, personnally, I have a stock 84 T/A, all black with T-Tops, 305 carb engine with 700R4 auto gearbox, PMDs, correct rims + caps. You don't imagine how many people in France (at least in my area, South of Paris) remember the show only by seeing the car, even without conversion parts on it (nose, scanner, dash...) :D
Most of the Western countries (USA, Canada, countries of the EEC, countries of the Commonwhealth...) share a common culture, based on American TV shows, movies, music...

So we are like most of the people through the world, we are normal and we want to leave in peace and happiness.
Period :)
And just to conclude, remember KITT was not a weapon. He was not programmed for doing attacks against armies or people but just for the human life-preservation 8)
Guillaume - Pontiac Trans AM 1984

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:53 pm

I rember reading in the TDR novelization that KARR was designed for future "low intensity conflicts" such as Vietnam. It would be interting to see how a bunch of automated vehicles such as KITT or KARR would function in a battlefield invironment. I agree with the fact that Kitt's programming would prevent him from harming anyone.

Personally all these Kitt vs threads remind me of a section in the Beavis and Butthead book called "This book sucks," I highly recomend this if we have and B&B fans here.

Anyway there was a vs section with things like "a stick of dynamite vs a lion," or "Beavis with a spear vs. Jean-Claude Vam Damme," and my personnel fav, "Death truck vs. Blaze from American Gladiators!"

**Death truck was a parady of sorts of KR. It was a semi that had a government added AI. The only difference is that death truck went the way of KARR, hence the "death" part.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:55 pm

And, let's face it. America's Funniest Home Videos has lost all morality and simply plummets whatever values TV might still have

what values tv has none as for as I can see it never did. at lest not after 1990. now you guy are intitled to you think so go ahead and say it before you do thought keep it nice. but any ways back to what i was saying before 1990 I don't remember very much about what was on tv. but to me tv has no values there is maybe one show in every 100 that is ok.

ps. keep it nice

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:56 am

Army F Body said: "I rember reading in the TDR novelization that KARR was designed for future "low intensity conflicts" such as Vietnam. It would be interting to see how a bunch of automated vehicles such as KITT or KARR would function in a battlefield invironment. I agree with the fact that Kitt's programming would prevent him from harming anyone."

There weren't any proper roads in Vietnam, and all those jungle trees are very close together, so realistically you'd need a thin car. Or a motorbike. Even better, don't get mixed up in conflicts that have nothing to do with you. Then you won't need KARR, or KITT, or a moped.

Can I just clarify something - why would KITT come up across the French Army. They're not exactly hot on invading places. Napolean made a stab at it but apart from a bit of colonialism and ransacking the South Coast of England the French are largely inoffensive.

KITT against the Americans, who are always charging at everything, or KITT against the Germans, who occasionally go out of their way to invade stuff (though admittedly not any more), or KITT against the Brits, who like going out and conquering places (end of empire hah, someone tell Tony Blair that) makes sense, but the French? They're the ones standing up demanding no one invade anywhere at all!

And once again, and this is in the best of humour GB, the French are our traditional enemy. Leave 'em alone!

GB
Recruit

Post by GB » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:32 pm

I didn't take it too seriously :wink: but it seems being French is not very well-seen since few months if you see what I mean.
Guillaume - Pontiac Trans AM 1984

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:21 pm

nivek, have you noticed a little button off to the right which says "quote"?

Try clicking it...you'll be amazed at what it does.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:19 pm

Even better, don't get mixed up in conflicts that have nothing to do with you.
...Ouch!
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!