Knight Rider Movie

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Stargazer
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Stargazer » Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:21 pm

Benjamin Knight wrote:Oh its at
http://knightrideronline.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2821
I sent you a private message....
Got it and voted...
I know some here think that SPM was a bit silly looking back at the show now that we are a little older, but I still love SPM and I hope they have some version of it in the movie. If there is a movie.

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:34 pm

YES they better have it . I want SPM . Thats why I hated knight rider 2000 movie because it had nothign to do with speed . only stupied gadgets .
virtual reality mode . What the hell is that ? like it makes a difference ? your still looking at the same thing except with CPU GFX .

lets hope the have an empasis with speed and have a SPM mode

also i still thjink SPM mode still looks good to this very day!!!

why heck u and me even have the same SPM icon!! :D

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:01 pm

But SPM was technically silly, wasn't it, with little bits emerging here and there making poor KITT look like a reject transformer. No one debates that KITT needs speed, and a super speed mode would be great. Mind you, I suppose without the sticky outey bits he'd need a rear wing the size of the Taj Mahal to stop him going into take-off.

I still think the KITT in the new movie should be able to fly, it only makes sense. Even Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Herbie could fly. He could have helicopter blades come out of the roof or something. As for a fear of flying a few tweaks to the CPU should deal with that problem.

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:07 pm

tkr9 wrote:But SPM was technically silly, wasn't it, with little bits emerging here and there making poor KITT look like a reject transformer. No one debates that KITT needs speed, and a super speed mode would be great. Mind you, I suppose without the sticky outey bits he'd need a rear wing the size of the Taj Mahal to stop him going into take-off.

I still think the KITT in the new movie should be able to fly, it only makes sense. Even Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Herbie could fly. He could have helicopter blades come out of the roof or something. As for a fear of flying a few tweaks to the CPU should deal with that problem.
I don't think it was all that silly..... but yea, some may see it that way... I think it was their main attempt to try and catch up to a growing and popular Lambo look...

Roldahs_Ferrin
Stranger

Post by Roldahs_Ferrin » Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:26 pm

In agree ment with Tkr9 second paragraph in they' last Post about K.I.T.T.'s fear of flight is laughable but but so very correct

But personally i havent seen the 2010 movie so still so very very confused about KR-2000 :-(

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:50 pm

tkr9 wrote:I still think the KITT in the new movie should be able to fly, it only makes sense. Even Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Herbie could fly. He could have helicopter blades come out of the roof or something.
Ack! I mean, I respectfully disagree. A flying KITT just sounds silly to me, even for a talking car. I'd like to see a few minor features added, but nothing as dramatic as flight. It would completely overshadow all of KITT's existing functions: what's so impressive abuot a turbo boost if the car can fly?

When did Herbie fly? I think you're confusing him with SuperBug.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:29 pm

And how can you compare the supercar that is KITT to Herbie and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Shame! ;)

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:18 pm

neps wrote:And how can you compare the supercar that is KITT to Herbie and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Shame! ;)
I'm glad I'm not the one to have to say it... not sure it was in those exact words.. but along those lines anyways.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:41 pm

neps wrote:And how can you compare the supercar that is KITT to Herbie and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Shame! ;)
Well now you've gone too far :)

KITT is better, but Herbie will always have a special place in my heart. Herbie Rides Again was one of my favorite movies as a kid and I still enjoy seeing it from time to time. In my book, KITT is in good company being compared to Herbie.

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:47 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:

KITT is better, but Herbie will always have a special place in my heart. Herbie Rides Again was one of my favorite movies as a kid and I still enjoy seeing it from time to time. In my book, KITT is in good company being compared to Herbie.
Does Herbie talk ? Does Herbie change form ? Do bullets bounce off of Herbie ? Does Herbie jump over things ? Does Herbie have monitors in the dash ?.... I could go on, but what would the point be...

Herbie is nice and I like him (it rather), but that doesn't put Herbie in the same class as K.I.T.T.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:54 pm

Herbie has a bit more personality than KITT. He's more playful and fun-loving. KITT would nag you for showing up to work late, but Herbie would drive you right by your job and take you to the beach instead.

Mike

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:56 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:Herbie has a bit more personality than KITT. He's more playful and fun-loving. KITT would nag you for showing up to work late, but Herbie would drive you right by your job and take you to the beach instead.

Mike
So, your out to make how many friends on this board ?

KITT has all the personality that makes people home that he will be in the next movie.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:09 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:

ok kitt is better in every area other then one love.lol

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:31 am

Stargazer wrote: So, your out to make how many friends on this board ?

KITT has all the personality that makes people home that he will be in the next movie.
I'm not sure how sharing my affection for an old Volkswagen will prevent me from making friends, but if that's the way it has to be, so be it.

I did say that I prefered KITT, but playing Devil's Advocate there were many ways Herbie was superior to KITT. Although he didn't speak, he certainly understood english and was far more human than KITT was (for better and for worse.) Herbie could be friendly and loyal or bitter and jealous. He understood the need for companionship, and he could fall in love.

I'd argue he could swim better than KITT (KITT had to hydroplane, meaning that he couldn't stop moving; Herbie swam by floating, which is for more versatile). Herbie could do wheelies. Herbie was far more assertive; he didn't simply wait around for his driver to tell him what to do.

I don't think KITT would get along too well with Herbie, but I think Michael would appreciate Herbie's free spirit.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:40 am

I actually love Herbie, the Herbie movies were a staple for me when I was younger, and I enjoyed them highly.

But I never quite saw Herbie in the same league as KITT. KITT was mechanical achievement. Herbie was almost to me...possessed. He was almost in the same league as Christine, but in a whole lot more gentle, and nice light. While KITT was a created and emerging soul, Herbie was a soul that found a home in a VW Bug.

Just my input.

KI

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:55 am

I don't think KITT would get along too well with Herbie, but I think Michael would appreciate Herbie's free spirit

well I will have to agree with kI on this one she do have a very good point.
I also have to agree with the statement up above

Ghost-Unmade
Rookie

Post by Ghost-Unmade » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:35 am

YOu think Mighty MOuse could beat up superman? ;)

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:38 pm

frist off where did that come from?
and 2ed yes I think Mighty mouse could beat up superman.

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:10 pm

Dangermouse is the best though, he could deal with anyone.

And his car could fly.

Come on people, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was rather special...

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:41 pm

Each of those cars are special in their own way. I still don't think any of them are better than KITT... even if he didn't fly.. I don't think they should be compared to him either.

Herbie and CCB are copmariable from their own time frame and the fact that they could understand and not talk. They weren't run by a computer (well in the shows), but rather than a spirit of sorts. KITT had a spirit of his own and thus really cannot be compaired to either Herbie or CCB.

On another note.... I'm really curious as to what vehicle KITT will be in the movie and if there is going to be a movie. I loose hope of there being a movie each week that there isn't some kind of news, even if rumor.

I went to the Texas State Fair yesterday and can almost see KITT in a Pontiac Sunfire.... I told the guy at the auto show about my dislike about Pontiac cutting the T/A and he pointed out that they did bring back the GTO and I replied that KITT would never look good in that and he jumped in suprise. He asked if I knew how the T/A came to be the vehicle choice for the show and he was just as suprised that I knew that it had to do with a train derailment full of T/As...

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:47 pm

About KITT flying that would be cool... BUT I think it would be:
A) To costly to make in a flim... We mabye not today.....
B)It could cheapen Knight Rider in the long run.
Ie: Micheal: "KITT super flying mode" (or want ever) that would be cool... But it could be over used. It could work better then SMP and there for SPM would be used less :cry:! We can't have that!

But it would be good if it was only used a couple of times through the whole series!

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:56 pm

I have to agree. A flying Kitt would just be tacky and in bad taste. I'm all for gadgets, but that would be pretty ridiculous.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:04 am

You said it Centaurus17... A flying kitt would be crazy but other gadgets are great! Well maybe a high power turbo boost would be cool... That carried Kitt for a long time in the air at the cost of a lot of power would be neat!

By the way does kitt have limits?? On the KR game he rechanges from a turbo boost in like 3 seconds... Is it like that on the show... Is there any limts?? In early shows like No Big Thing her stops for gas but then later on some racing one he runs on some liquid thing (i forget what... is it liquid hydrongen or something:shock:) Kitt is never seen refueling after this. (I think) Is this becasue it lasts long... (only needing to refuel every couple of weeks or something) or just off screen in the semi?? How much is burned with every turbo boost... SPM must eat the fuel up like crazy! Boy oh boy! Any ideas people! ;)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:56 am

Are you going to bug people to post if they don't post in response?

I think you need to watch the show a little closer for the commentary, KITT by all technical means doesn't have a whole lot of limits, hence the reason why he is the car of the future.

The 'racing episode' was called Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death, and they changed his systems over to Liquid Hydrogen for the race. There is a show later on in which KITT made a statement about gas, it was most likely one of those things which they didn't want to show on the series, because they had more important things to show. It was also stated that KITT could run on any combustible fuel. He also had more than a standard engine, he also had his Turbines, which enabled him to do what he did, he may still have run on Liquid Hydrogen, he may have run on a combo of things. You might want to look up the qualities of Hydrogen, as well to find out about what the properties of it as a fuel are. It can be fascinating reading. :)

KI

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:17 am

Stargazer wrote:He asked if I knew how the T/A came to be the vehicle choice for the show and he was just as suprised that I knew that it had to do with a train derailment full of T/As...[/b]
Which came first, the decision to use a Trans Am or the train derailment?

I believe they already decided to make KITT a Trans Am and then later on Universal was able to take advantage of a derailment that ruined a bunch of Trans Ams from Pontiac.

Accident? Or Sabotage? :?

Mike