Knight Rider Movie

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victory Red
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Victory Red » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:23 pm

I would like to see what it would look like on other cars.

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:29 pm

Victory Red wrote:I would like to see what it would look like on other cars.
After thinking about it, a red scanner would not be the same on anything else but a T/A. I just don't think it will happen in the movie since Pontiac found it in their great wisdom to terminate production of the T/As. So I guess we shall have to wait and see what "they" come up with if and when the movie comes out to as their choice.

Miked
Recruit

Post by Miked » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:15 pm

Yeah.
Film producers just won't sit around on a film idea to wait for a car to come out. They will probably use a slightly-modified new production car, which will undoubtedly be product-placement for some company.

The only other option I see likely is that the producers would have a totally new KITT done from scratch, in which case we'll be lucky if they don't totally botch it
(SPM was a car-builder's suggestion. Ever read about the producers' ideas for SPM? Whoa. We got lucky.)

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:03 pm

Miked wrote: (SPM was a car-builder's suggestion. Ever read about the producers' ideas for SPM? Whoa. We got lucky.)
I haven't a clue, what were their ideas ?

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:41 pm

:spmgo:

I hope they bring K.A.R.R. back in the movie and maybe not just back as in a vehicle since his computer parts were laying in a dry river bed.

I doubt that would be possible, but it would be nice to see!

Katt
Operative

Post by Katt » Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:20 am

Alot of fans would love to see Karr come back in the movie, but the problem is, he'd have to explained, I mean for someone that's never seen Knight Rider, or TDR and KvK, you can't simply stick him in the middle of the movie, and assume that person'll go 'Oh, that's Karr, Kitt's evil twin brother'. :wink: If it went into a series, then I think Karr could be brought in, with explination of course

Miked
Recruit

Post by Miked » Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:12 am

I think it's possible that they'd just literally re-make somehting like the pilot episode, and start from scratch.
How many 9-year-olds know the old series very well?

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:41 am

Katt wrote:Alot of fans would love to see Karr come back in the movie, but the problem is, he'd have to explained, I mean for someone that's never seen Knight Rider, or TDR and KvK, you can't simply stick him in the middle of the movie, and assume that person'll go 'Oh, that's Karr, Kitt's evil twin brother'. :wink: If it went into a series, then I think Karr could be brought in, with explination of course
I think it could be done from shots from the scene where K.I.T.T. and K.A.R.R. collide in mid are and some of the Foundation people start talking about it a bit. It wouldn't take much to do, but that would take away from the fact that it was originaly reported that the movie version would not be like the TV version of Knight Rider. I'm not totaly sure what that means, but they did say more of an car action film like Fast and Furious.

Hell, I doubt they will even have the F.L.A.G. semi in the movie... after all they didn't in the KR 2000 TV movie... but that show didn't do a whole lot either and won't have an impact on the movie itself, if the movie is even made.

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:50 am

What about a mobile HQ that's a converted oil tanker - an environmental message (convert your tankers into international HQs and protect the fishies) and it would be huge and there'd be lots of room to test drive KITT, have a nice residential suite for Foundation Guests, it could go abroad, have a landing pad on deck AND it could have a glass bottom, so you could shoot loads of scenes with a bar, a discussion between a British actor in the Devon role and a key role in the movie with fishes idly swimming past... I gotta write this one up!

Miked
Recruit

Post by Miked » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:27 am

Wanna know about the original SPM ideas?
Go to this page (I'm not sure how to link it):

http//:members.fortunecity.com/knightriders/articles/spm1.htm

KRjumper
Stranger

Knight Rider movie

Post by KRjumper » Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:35 pm

The problems are with script and producing staff. Glen Larson stills retains the original concept and wants to be a part of the movie, but most studios do not want him involved in the daily process. Glen either has to give in and only be involved in name only, or he has to find outside funds for the project, which he hasn't been able to do. The major studios want complete control over their projects these days, and Glen has always been the Kingpin in all of his productions, without ANY studio intervention whatsoever. Now that Starsky and Hutch has been made, KR might have a chance of getting off the ground.

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:55 pm

Miked wrote:Wanna know about the original SPM ideas?
Go to this page (I'm not sure how to link it):

http//:members.fortunecity.com/knightriders/articles/spm1.htm
That link would not work.

Miked
Recruit

Post by Miked » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:44 am

You'd think Glen Larson would eventually sell the rights, with enough money on the table.
Who knows?

I guess a major unknown factor is the opening-weekend grosses they get out of "Starsky."
If it's a hit, it might tip the financing scales in Larson's favor. Or vice versa.

------------------------------

I worry, though.
As much as I love "Starsky & Hutch," I don't know how many current 14-year-olds know about it.

"Dukes" or "Knight Rider" might have been a better bet to start the remakes than "Starsky." They both had a younger-audience theme, and heavy merchandising.

And TNN gave "Dukes" some heavy new exposure in the late 1990s.
"Starsky's" reruns haven't had the same impact.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:21 am

Stargazer wrote:That link would not work.

Try this one, its the actual guys website:

http://www.robertwebb.com/knight.htm

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:26 am

Yeah Robert Webb's page is the best one to go with as he is one of the guys who made the car. Its interesting reading as it tells you the story behind SPM and there was an original design made my Universal which i would have loved to seen!

K.I.T.T

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:02 pm

K.I.T.T wrote:Yeah Robert Webb's page is the best one to go with as he is one of the guys who made the car. Its interesting reading as it tells you the story behind SPM and there was an original design made my Universal which i would have loved to seen!

K.I.T.T
Are there any other web sites with behind the scenes photos like this web site shows ?

BTW: Thanks neps for getting the correct web page.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Re: Knight Rider movie

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:21 pm

KRjumper wrote:The problems are with script and producing staff. Glen Larson stills retains the original concept and wants to be a part of the movie, but most studios do not want him involved in the daily process. Glen either has to give in and only be involved in name only, or he has to find outside funds for the project, which he hasn't been able to do. The major studios want complete control over their projects these days, and Glen has always been the Kingpin in all of his productions, without ANY studio intervention whatsoever. Now that Starsky and Hutch has been made, KR might have a chance of getting off the ground.
wow, is this the real Jack Gill from Knight Rider???? sweet!

K.I.T.T

Stargazer
Operative

Re: Knight Rider movie

Post by Stargazer » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:50 am

K.I.T.T wrote:
KRjumper wrote:The problems are with script and producing staff. Glen Larson stills retains the original concept and wants to be a part of the movie, but most studios do not want him involved in the daily process. Glen either has to give in and only be involved in name only, or he has to find outside funds for the project, which he hasn't been able to do. The major studios want complete control over their projects these days, and Glen has always been the Kingpin in all of his productions, without ANY studio intervention whatsoever. Now that Starsky and Hutch has been made, KR might have a chance of getting off the ground.
wow, is this the real Jack Gill from Knight Rider???? sweet!

K.I.T.T
Who is Jack Gill ? :arrow: :kittconv2:

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:05 pm

I will put in $100 if I can be MK or KITT... lol ;) 8)

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:18 pm

Benjamin Knight wrote:I will put in $100 if I can be MK or KITT... lol ;) 8)
I don't think that they should consider replacing either one with others to play their role. If they are going to get others to play parts in the movie, then they would need to create a character.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:25 pm

I WAS JOKING STARGAZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I love your name my dad is a stargazer as well... He makes his own backyard micro observitory... They is so much stuff in them, you feel like you just walk in to a compact version of the semi! ;)

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:34 pm

Benjamin Knight wrote:I WAS JOKING STARGAZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I love your name my dad is a stargazer as well... He makes his own backyard micro observitory... They is so much stuff in them, you feel like you just walk in to a compact version of the semi! ;)
OK, you had me worried.. LOL
I received this nickname myself years ago in school from day dreaming. I started using this nick on a regular basis due to Star Trek.....

I still day dream wayyyyyyyyy tooooooooo much though...

Check out ebay and search for a black T/A that has never been driven in the rain or snow... I would love to have that car... but talk about being a#nal about a car... but it is a 2002 with only 76 miles on it... NOTICE THE "RESERVE NOT YET MET" on the latest bid of 100... I think that was the latest bid anyways...

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:49 pm

YOU LIKE STAR TREK STARGAZER!!!!!!! ME TOO! ITS COOL!

:D But Knight Rider is SWEET!

We are going to get a long fine... Did you vote at my poll yet?? I a mad no one has! Out of 50 people who have view it 2 have voted!

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:51 pm

Benjamin Knight wrote:YOU LIKE STAR TREK STARGAZER!!!!!!! ME TOO! ITS COOL!

:D But Knight Rider is SWEET!

We are going to get a long fine... Did you vote at my poll yet?? I a mad no one has! Out of 50 people who have view it 2 have voted!
What poll and where ?

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:01 pm

Oh its at
http://knightrideronline.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2821
I sent you a private message....