Knight Rider 2000 to show again

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
User avatar
K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England
Contact:

Knight Rider 2000 to show again

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:19 am

If your living in UK, Knight Rider 2000 is on channel five. Saturday 12th of july at 5:30pm. As its on 5 expect lots of cuts as the did cut the series to shreds when they showed season 1,2 and 3.

If you have seen it before then i wouldn't waste any time watching it again lol but then thats my opinion. Will be an interesting one if you haven't seen it before.

K.I.T.T

Image

User avatar
Karl Siniak
Recruit
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Stanmore, Middlesex, ENGLAND

Post by Karl Siniak » Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:02 pm

I recorded Knight Rider 2000 the last time it was on Channel 5. It was the full version with no cuts like some of the series, and they didnt always cut the series. At one stage they used to show a full episode on Saturday and Sunday mornings, but maybe because of ratings they cut them down to 30 mins and added another show.

For all those of you who have never seen it or would like to again, record it, it'll be worth it. I am a big lover of the film and still watch the video many times. I wish they'd release it on DVD with bonus features such as maybe how they made the car and how they came up with ideas etc. Would also be nice to see a tribute to Edward Mulhare (aka Devon Miles) on it too, as it was his last Knight Rider. 8)

User avatar
nivek
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:43 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Albuquerque
Contact:

Post by nivek » Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:14 pm

wel I going to record it

ThomasFairley
Volunteer
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Larkhall, Scotland, United Kingdom

Post by ThomasFairley » Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:30 pm

This was the first time I've seen it. I taped it as well.

I thought it was quite good. Not enough of KITT though......

:( :( :(

User avatar
K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England
Contact:

Post by K.I.T.T » Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:39 pm

What did everyone else think? that have not seen it before???? I would love to hear what you thought, i did not watch it as i have the video and see no reason why i should punish myself lmao!

K.I.T.T

User avatar
Supersonic Lorry
Recruit
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:27 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England

Post by Supersonic Lorry » Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:52 pm

Karl Siniak wrote:I recorded Knight Rider 2000 the last time it was on Channel 5. It was the full version with no cuts like some of the series, and they didnt always cut the series. At one stage they used to show a full episode on Saturday and Sunday mornings, but maybe because of ratings they cut them down to 30 mins and added another show.

For all those of you who have never seen it or would like to again, record it, it'll be worth it. I am a big lover of the film and still watch the video many times. I wish they'd release it on DVD with bonus features such as maybe how they made the car and how they came up with ideas etc. Would also be nice to see a tribute to Edward Mulhare (aka Devon Miles) on it too, as it was his last Knight Rider. 8)


Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked it. I just finished watching it; it'd been eight years since I last saw it.

I generally dislike reunion movies but this was good. I could even forgive the ommission of Bonnie (or April) and RC3 because the story was so good. A lot of people complaints regarding this film are about K.I.T.T. not being used to his full potential in the movie (no Turbo Boost or Ski Mode) but it was refreshing because the characters themselves carried the movie which had a good plot.

I think the film does a good job of staying faithful to the spirit of the original KR series whilst also exploring new avenues. My advice is simple when watching this movie; sit down, don't LOOK for faults, appreciate that it will be a bit different to the series and most of all, ENJOY!

I did review the movie at http://www.imdb.com. My username there is Big Movie Fan.

Supersonic Lorry

User avatar
Supersonic Lorry
Recruit
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:27 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England

Post by Supersonic Lorry » Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:55 pm

Oh, and I hear that Knight Rider 2010 will be showing on one of the movies soon. I saw this movie before I got hooked up to the net so was unaware of it's premise.

Be warned, apart from the title, it has NOTHING to do with the original Knight Rider whatsoever. I sat down to watch it a few years ago. Like I said, this was before I had the net so I couldn't look it up on http://www.imdb.com and I was expecting to see Michael and K.I.T.T. again. How wrong I was. Avoid this one at all costs. Even TKR was better.

Supersonic Lorry

User avatar
Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Utah
Contact:

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:18 pm

Well said Super, I am glad to find someone who liked the movie as much as I have :) You took the words right out of my mouth.

-scott

Supersonic Lorry wrote:Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked it. I just finished watching it; it'd been eight years since I last saw it.

I generally dislike reunion movies but this was good. I could even forgive the ommission of Bonnie (or April) and RC3 because the story was so good. A lot of people complaints regarding this film are about K.I.T.T. not being used to his full potential in the movie (no Turbo Boost or Ski Mode) but it was refreshing because the characters themselves carried the movie which had a good plot.

I think the film does a good job of staying faithful to the spirit of the original KR series whilst also exploring new avenues. My advice is simple when watching this movie; sit down, don't LOOK for faults, appreciate that it will be a bit different to the series and most of all, ENJOY!

I did review the movie at http://www.imdb.com. My username there is Big Movie Fan.

Supersonic Lorry

User avatar
K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England
Contact:

Post by K.I.T.T » Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:32 pm

Supersonic Lorry wrote:Oh, and I hear that Knight Rider 2010 will be showing on one of the movies soon. .

Supersonic Lorry


Where did you see this add??? Do you know what Movie Channel? Sky movie max? Or premier?

K.I.T.T

User avatar
Supersonic Lorry
Recruit
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:27 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England

Post by Supersonic Lorry » Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:09 pm

Scott Kirkessner wrote:Well said Super, I am glad to find someone who liked the movie as much as I have :) You took the words right out of my mouth.



Why thank you Scott? It's good to know that there are a few people on here who liked the movie. Keep those comments about KR 2000 coming folks because I want to know how many of you did like it.

By the way K.I.T.T., it was my wife who mentioned the ad for KR 2010. She said it was one of the Sky Movie Channels but I am sorry, she cannot remember which one. Although I think Channel 5 own the rights to show the movie again.

Supersonic Lory

User avatar
Michael Pajaro
Advisor
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:10 am

I've mentioned this before, but I think it's funny. Scariest Nitpick Ever:

When our own Scott K. noticed that the chase scene on the docks was re-edited in syndication. Scenes weren't missing, just reordered. You must have watched the sequence A LOT to notice the changes!
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

User avatar
knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Taos, NM, USA
Contact:

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:07 pm

I agree. That is the scariest nitpick ever. A close second is reading the computer screen on the cyrogenic container during Watts release, and finding out that the information wasn't what the storyline said.


Err...wait, that geek that found that one was me. Neeever mind. ;)

KI

Locked