KITT @ Universal Studios & Other Locations...

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DJ2K
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT @ Universal Studios & Other Locations...

Post by DJ2K » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:40 pm

Last time I saw KITT at universal studios in Hollywood, California he looked very terrible. I mean the car itself was so badly disfigured and missing a lot of key componets. Has anyone ever visited the car anywhere else and have it talk to you? I remember that the one in Hollywood, California used to talk with you and had a conversation with you for a certain amount of time, however it was not William Daniels voice but it was soooooooooo close to it! And lastly, does anyone have any pictures of the KITT car in Hollywood, California or FLorida or any of the countries like the UK.

Talk Later,
Chris Stevens 8) :lol: :D

Quote:
KARR: I'M A COMPUTER I CAN'T GET LOST.

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:43 pm

Actually, I found a site recently which had supposed pics of KITT sitting in a studio backlot, with either a big splot of paint or bird doo on the bonnet. The interesting thing is, it also looked like there was a front ground effects spoiler fitted to it. Couldn't see it completely, but I do have to wonder if the guys from Davilex had a look and thought it was supposed to be there. Unfortunately I can't re-locate the site.
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:45 pm

The last incarnation of KITT at Universal Hollywood did have a ground effects piece on the nose. Looked aweful. I think that is the last time the car was display out for the public. Understandable that this is the reason the game car had it in some shots.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:38 pm

I have pics of KITT from the Hollywood Universal Studios, 2: one of me with KITT, another with kitt's on it's own.

I have a scanner but unfortunately when I moved house, i lost the lead so i'm gonna havta buy another.

i had the pix up before, but this was ages ago. when i get a new lead, i'll put the pics back up again.

but ur right about the condition of KITT, from what i recall, the scanner was dented in, the door handle was practically hanging off and a wing mirror was smashed up.

but i guess building another replica won't be no hassle to Universal. if only they could be bothered to do it........ :roll:

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:25 am

I saw Kitt in about 94 or 95 at Universal studios Holywood. He looked okay. I was maybe a few feet away. didn't bother to go see it any closer because the voice coming from it was no where close to William Daniels.

Saw Magnum's Ferrari too. Dirty and covered in bird poo covered in some kind of camo net. Why does universal treat such wonderfull cars so badly. I they don't want either one I would be more than happy to take them off their hands!
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:05 am

From what I've been told, KITT's interior isn't as good. That the dashboard has been drawn and written on by people who have gotten a chance to sit in the car.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:52 am

Well, I got my chance to see KITT in 98. The windows were tinted so you couldn't see much unless you really tried hard to look through. But I couldn't see no graffiti, i saw the red buttons (power, pursuit etc) at the far end of the dash but that was it.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LoneKnight
Rookie

Post by LoneKnight » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:30 am

I got pics.
These were taken back in '88 or so, and a few others were taken on my second trip to Universal when I was about 14 or 15, so that was in '94 I think....

Anyway, I have had a few people email me and ask to put those pics up, but due to recent life events, and the fact I'm a bit absent-minded, I haven't had the time nor the energy to scan them, convert them, and get them on a website.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, for you guys, I'll see what I can do about trying them on my website at least. Email me at neo776@yahoo.com to express interest, and I MIGHT try and get them up this weekend.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:39 am

aussieknight, I think the web site you are trying to remember might have been Mike's. Though, I'm not sure how to find those photos on his site.

I know they have surfaced a couple times on this web board...a long, long time ago.

Jonathan
Recruit

Post by Jonathan » Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:49 am

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:57 pm

I'm pretty sure the site showed pics of KITT on some kind of platform over water (Maybe you guys saw it)at Universal, as well as a "Where KITT is now" pic. That's a nice one there, though, Jonathan.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:05 pm

Yup, KITT was on display over water. It was a really nice display at the time, and its a shame that it only went down in quality of the years, and now is no longer there.

I believe this is the site you are looking for aussieknight. A quick search on the good 'ol google.com turned it up.

http://members.fortunecity.com/knight_rider18/id117.htm

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Re: KITT @ Universal Studios & Other Locations...

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:54 am

KITT did a mall tour back around 1983 where you could sit in the car, but he only gave a pre-recorded speech about his capabilities. I'm pretty sure it was William Daniels voice. The touring car looked pretty good, but the scanner was way off. More of a solid red bar than 8 distinct lights.

I had a season pass to Universal for a while and whenever I went there I would stop by the Guest Relations center to complain about KITT's scanner lights being burnt out. I'd get some form letters in the mail a couple weeks later. I may have just been being a pain, but at least my voice was heard!

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:39 am

[I believe this is the site you are looking for aussieknight. A quick search on the good 'ol google.com turned it up.

http://members.fortunecity.com/knight_rider18/id117.htm[/quote]

So close, but no freeze dried banana, I'm afraid Nepsi ol' pal. The first few pics looked identical, though.
:kitt2:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:49 am

I'll take a stab at it... Is this what you're looking for Aussie?

Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:00 am

Hey, this is fun. Nope! Next! I just want the pic of KITT with the front ground effect spoiler fitted so I can chuck off at it :-) :kitt2:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:50 am

Wow, you sure are a picky one aussieknight. :)

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:15 pm

Why thenk yooooo...:-) :dash4: