Movie and....TV Show News???

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

BlazeFox
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

A new KR series?Why not,Sci-Fi has plans to remake Galactica

Post by BlazeFox » Sun May 04, 2003 1:16 am

With the current resurgence of 80's material and trends a new KR series could definately happen. Sci-Fi channel already has plans to remake Battle Star Galactica. (It was a commercial with a cylon scanner going back and forth, could be good) The new Knight Rider series would definately fit in on their channel.

Thank hell they shortened the name. I just can't see that particular title fitting on the marquee at the movie theatres. Hasselohoff still playing Michale? I dunno about it. If he seems interested then sure let him do what he wants, but hopefully they give him some makeup and a good hair dying.

Hopefully there will be some more accurate updates about the movie and possible show.

-BlazeFoxKitsune =^.^=

:twisted:

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sun May 04, 2003 10:43 am

I discussed the different direction of the movie and series with a fellow fan at work. He made a good point if the movie would turn out to be a flop if the series was the same concept nobody would even care about it and it would fail before it even started.

We came to the conclusion that it would be best to make the movie see what happens to it success wise and then decide whether or not to make the series the same or different.

Karl Siniak
Recruit

A possible reason for the 2 directions...

Post by Karl Siniak » Wed May 07, 2003 12:42 pm

After giving it a lot of thought and thinking how crap the thought of maybe taking 2 directions, I have changed my mind slightly.

They MAY be doing this to show the series first, and have the series kinda like the original, with Michael as the driver etc, and then end the series at a point where the Big Screen Movie can continue. For example they may end the series where something happens to FLAG or Michael, and the movie begins with somebody bringing FLAG back and rebuilding a new Kitt to carry on.

This could be a very good idea, as the series could advertise the movie at the end. 8)

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Wed May 07, 2003 1:14 pm

Who knows what they have planned yet. All I know is the movie will most likely debute before a new series ever gets off the ground. I think the idea of bringing a new series to television will depend highly on how good the film does in theaters. Nothing to do but sit and wait for actual news on the films progress. Until then.....................
Brian - Knightdriver.com

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed May 07, 2003 1:34 pm

though i know David said it may be 2 different directions, i think the two some how have to inter-link with each other to carry on consistancey

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed May 07, 2003 2:02 pm

Not necessarily. If the movie tanks, then the (potential) series won't be that damaged, and could go in a different direction to save face. When it comes down to it, disasters haven't hurt Knight Rider that badly, because we, the hardcore fans, won't let it. It has survived Knight Rider 2000, it has survived Knight Rider 2010, and it has survived Team Knight Rider. If the movie is a big old box office bomb, then we have the hope of a series to pick us up.

I agree with Knightdriver, the movie is first up on the block at this point. It has been first up for well over a year and a half now, and this all may end up being something we will just have to accept.

The best we can do is wait and see.

KI

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Wed May 07, 2003 4:00 pm

After that many bombs you would think they would realize by now what they are doing wrong...
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed May 07, 2003 4:26 pm

David really hasn't tried to bring KR back before. I don't think He was completely involved with the storyline direction of KR2000 im sure He was just the actor in that. And we know for a fact he wasn't involved with Team Knight Rider.

However as you say they should be able to learn from the mistakes of the others attempts.

Knightsfolly
Volunteer

Post by Knightsfolly » Tue May 20, 2003 1:26 pm

People always want to mess with a formula that works. Look what happened to the new Apes "feature film" what a piece of garbage. I would have prefered a continuation using a retro filmic style that could have matched the look of the classic series but with added effects. Then they could have gone back and punched up the effects of the classic series to match. The same thing can work for a KR film. :twisted: Any new KR film has to have the old KITT car with D.H. at least in cameo or they're making a big mistake. Throw in a rap KR remix and you got a surefire hit for a modern audience. more to follow......

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed May 21, 2003 7:04 pm

KIFT just sounds so...unnatural
They could've made him the Knight Industries Three Thousand and it still would've been KITT

_Mad_Man_2k
Recruit

Post by _Mad_Man_2k » Fri May 23, 2003 11:35 am

What about a 'version 2' of KITT, still called KITT of course, that can change shape/color, come in handy when the bad guys say "smash that black T-Top". Or did that already happen in one of the spinoffs, which I have never seen, or really want to spoil the original show with.

Also, if they have to get different actors for the main parts, it just won't be the same, like in Escape from Gilligan's Island they had to find another actor to play Ginger, because tina louise refused to.

Edit: First post, :D

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri May 23, 2003 11:41 am

In TKR they didn't have a car that could morph into another car/color per say, they did have two motorcycles that joined up to form one car. The idea to change color/shape may be a good idea, although I don't think KITT would approve because he often complained about having to be covered in anything.

Welcome to the board by the way! Just so you know however, we frown on images in our signatures, it just adds to the bandwidth that people need to download, and a quite a few of us are still on 56k. But feel to add an avatar with that graphic which you can add via your profile!

_Mad_Man_2k
Recruit

Post by _Mad_Man_2k » Fri May 23, 2003 3:39 pm

Well, i'm on 56k also, the image is 31kb, and once it's downloaded it doesn't have to be redone. But i'll take it off, kind of intended for another forum anyway.

Carlyn Eliz
Rookie

Post by Carlyn Eliz » Mon May 26, 2003 10:11 pm

a new movie! *drops jaw* i am speechless :shock: ....but there is a problem with them making a new movie......what about kift??? are they going to use that tomato mobile?? ;)

-carlyn

chadwick626
Recruit

Post by chadwick626 » Tue May 27, 2003 1:06 am

hell no.

82 TA

escape from gilligans island..?

anyone remember VIPER? hope its kidna liek that...

_Mad_Man_2k
Recruit

Post by _Mad_Man_2k » Tue May 27, 2003 8:08 pm

Yes, escape from gilligan's island. It was a 'finale' TV movie to Gilligan's Island (don't tell me you've never heard of it...)

I remember viper, it was on when I was fairly young, I liked the guns that came out of the side (or was that another show)