KARR swearing?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITTFAN2003
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KARR swearing?

Post by KITTFAN2003 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:17 pm

I just watched KITT vs KARR and was shocked to hear KARR cuss after he and John's first encounter with MK :!: He actually said D**N :!: Makes one wonder where he learned such language. He should have his scanners washed out with soap :lol:

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:36 pm

The heck with the swearing, how did KARR get a new overhead (same style as KITT's now) and also the late second season center console. Who is in charge of consistancy on that show. LOL> I noticed KIRR also went back to one piece back seats too! Just some point outs.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:46 pm

damn is a swear?

were you sheltered as a child?

talk about consisitency. how did KARR suddenly change bodies. notice half way through the episode he gets a makeover with being half black and half silver. when in the beginning he was all black.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:56 pm

It's another example of why I feel KARR was such a better character in Trust Doesn't Rust. In KvK, he's too human and basically acts like any other generic psycho villian out to get the Foundation. The unemotional, purely logical KARR in TDR was much more unique and interesting.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:02 pm

Yes. Damn is a swear. A mild one. But, it is amazing that early 80's TV permitted it. Remember, pregnant used to be a dirty word on TV.

Of course, what goes for language and visuals in today's broadcasts WOULD be sensored on this board. Would you believe that a couple months back, I heard a show start out with a few Damn's, upgrade to H&(( and climax at $#!*, twice. (Broadcast TV. Not cable.)

I think that sensorship used to be way too strict. And now, we are only a few years away from totally firing the whole lot.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:28 pm

Back in the 80's, things got reduced down to the seven deadly words, and damn was not it. KARR was darker, he obviously kept up with the world having a tape of modern music from that music year, when he should have been in a sand pile somewhere, so he pretty much was entitled.

It's not that big of a deal. It was a bit of a comedic relief, if you were offended, then...it's a strange world for ya, ain't it?

KI

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:58 pm

And whoever brought him the new Laura Branigan tape must have brought him some new model T/A ground effects. Kitt and the orignal Karr didn't have ground effects, although sometimes Kitts got em on too later on in the shows run :D
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

zerofreeze
Volunteer

Post by zerofreeze » Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:46 am

I actually have not seen the episode yet (luckily I taped it), but if a remember right from the first time I saw it, the guy who found him, fixed him up (at least in the original version?), I thought I remember him doing some kind of body work on KARR (which explain the exterior changes), I could be thinking of something else, can someone verify? He must have got the interior upgrades at the local FLAG store :)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:59 am

You are thinking of something else, because they never show John fixing KARR, nor do they show him giving KARR the paint job. He does do it, but it is never shown, and as for the ground effects, well, let's just say that the KARR that came out of the sand was not exactly the one that went in.

KI

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:14 am

it's the salt water i tell you, the salt water!

it can do things...

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:16 am

Nah, I think KARR had some little homeless teenager whom he exerted complete control over, but didn't have the intelligence to get him out of the sand. Bringing him stuff on the sly, slippin him some sanity in the form of music and news, and other goodies.

Ok, that was a total space cadet dream..... :roll:

KI

Tarmac
Rookie

Post by Tarmac » Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:33 am

I might be totally off my rocker but I seem to remember KARR mentioning his paint job and how he wanted to differentiate himself from KITT so he got the guy to have him painted, we never see the change but I thought he mentioned it and had it done for him. I'm going by memory here of the original airing, then again I was 8 at the time so it's quite possible I imagined the whole thing as an explanation for the two-tone paintjob since the showed never explained it?

I agree with Michael Pajaro, I preferred the KARR from the TDR episode, more robot like and sinister but not over the top...

zerofreeze
Volunteer

Post by zerofreeze » Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:47 am

I think we would go crazy trying to figure out the changes and why, which is why I agree with one of knightimmortals postings to just enjoy the re-runs as they are. However, I think I read somewhere, maybe this site, that the producers did the two-tone thing so the viewers could tell the difference between KITT and KARR. I for one would like to see KARR in the upcoming movie (if it actually happens), even if it is just a small part. The KITT/KARR episodes have always been my personal favorites.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:17 am

i mentioned this in the Activiating Kitt topic but it got overlooked maybe its more appropriate in this topic anyway.

When KARR leaves the beach he is using the High Traction Drop Downs. This is one Continuity error I can't explain. Unless April just installed functions that existed not regularly equipped on Kitt that Wilton already invented.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:52 pm

*has visions of April going through Wilton's invention library, shopping for ideas to call her own.* I can actually see it. :)

KI

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:55 pm

KARR was not using the High Traction Drop Downs. His chasis might looked a bit jacked up because the stunt drivers needed to do some driving in the sand and your basic Trans Am tires wouldn't do the job, but from a storyline standpoint KARR isn't using the HTDD.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:14 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:KARR was not using the High Traction Drop Downs. His chasis might looked a bit jacked up because the stunt drivers needed to do some driving in the sand and your basic Trans Am tires wouldn't do the job, but from a storyline standpoint KARR isn't using the HTDD.

Mike
In all honesty, nobody really knows what KARR had. In some respects, KARR really was the superior production model. And, it is a fact that KITT had power hydraulic shocks. So, who'se to say that KARR's wern't superior and capable of doing what we're talking about from the start.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:17 pm

Except for the fact that they did make the statement that KITT and KARR were equal in every way. That was the whole concept of their confrontation. If KARR had the least advantage, then it would have changed the whole outcome.

KI

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:24 am

Why I always wished KARR had returned in season 4 to face Kitt. Id love to have heard KARR's reaction as Michael and Kitt leave him behind with SPM.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:28 am

Good point. They say one thing and do another.

Off hand, I'm having trouble locating WHO said this. Was it Bonnie? (Who had no interaction with the construction with KARR. Meaning that she was not 100% qualified to compare KITT's equalness to KARR. Of course, if she wasn't, then who was?)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:28 pm

I somehow remember that it was Devon. I went and checked the TDR script, but there are still some changes in that script that didn't make it to the screen. I guess at some point, I am going to have to whip out my tapes to check.

KI

Katt
Operative

Post by Katt » Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:32 pm

March2875 wrote:Why I always wished KARR had returned in season 4 to face Kitt. Id love to have heard KARR's reaction as Michael and Kitt leave him behind with SPM.
I would pay to see that scene! :lol:

But, knowing Karr, he'd probably laughing his CPU off at convertable Kitt. :lol: I could be wrong though :D :)

Either way, it would of been an interesting episode.

zerofreeze
Volunteer

Post by zerofreeze » Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:13 pm

Another continuty error I notice is at the end of KITT vs KARR, when they are panning across the remnants of KARR they show his front spoiler, magically it changed back from silver to black. And in another part just before that they show michael talking to that guy in front of his new marine shop, you can slightly see the corner of KITT's dash, is that not the old one before his modifications earlier in the season?

KARR101
Volunteer

Post by KARR101 » Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:29 pm

I also think if they do happen to make a new movie they should bring KARR back for one more show down with KITT and Micheal

KITTgoVrOoM
Recruit

Post by KITTgoVrOoM » Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:24 pm

Speaking of showdowns, how is it that KITT destroyed KARR, but came out in one piece? I thought KITT and KARR were made of the same indestructable stuff. How is it that KARR was scattered all over yet KITT was fine?