My Knight Rider Music Video!

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

msKEN
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

My Knight Rider Music Video!

Post by msKEN » Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:26 am

EDITED: All new Video below!

Ok a little back story here. I remember there being something about a possable music video contest here on the site, and it got me to thinking if I were going to make a KR video how would I do it? Well now I'm working on the Knight Rider RPG Project I realized; hey I need a cool opener for the game! So I decieded to edit some clips together, even some rare stuff I have sitting around (you'll now what I mean when you get towards the end of the video and you see those famous rare shots of KITT getting demolished) and whipped together a music video.

First let me say when the game comes out it will be to the tune of Busta Rhymes Instrumental "Fire It up" song. But for contest reasons (if there ever is one) I have included a song I thought went nicely with the clips and the arrangement I had them in. So anyway with out further delayment here it is:

Real Player * Very Low Quality - 4.5 MB

HQ Windows Media *Requires Windows Media Player 9.0 - 7.8 MB

LQ Windows Media *Requires Windows Media Player 9.0 - 1.4 MB

Now from an artist stand point and why I chose the song "My Hero" and the clips I did... I know some of you have got to be wondering why in the world am I showing the worst moments in Knight Rider history, along with behind the scenes footage of KITT being destroyed. In my mind when the lyrics state "There goes my hero, leaving awful fast, there goes my hero, one who's always last.." I see Michael and KITT being ordinary beings doing what some people could only wish they could do, but in the end they aren't super heros they are mere mortals like us, and they can get hurt, and be hurt. So hopefully that explains why you will see clips from Knight of the Drones, Junkyard Dog, Golith, Knight of the Juggernaunt, the pilot, scent of roses, and a few others. Hope you enjoy what I consider art as well, lol most people will just see a big mix of clips put together, but oh well. I try! :)

Hope you guys enjoy it!

-msKEN :shock:
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:15 pm

I like it. The only problem to me is that it seems to promote Cruelty towards KITT and Michael. But hey, they're only human, right? J/k :P I loved it.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:48 pm

you sadistic bastard! how dare you show KITTs worse moments like that! He has feeling too!

:lol:

Very neat, fun to watch. Are some of those clips from that out take reel that was circulating on eBay?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:55 pm

Wow, that is awesome, Ken! I love the definite emotions that you bring up between the clips and the song itself. Very awesome.

And those extra outtake destruction scenes work a whole lot better with that song than with "Looking For Freedom" :)

KI

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:16 pm

Ouch, ouch, ouch. Poor Kitt! :shock:

Tangent: the clip from 'Scent of Roses' made me wonder - why didn't Michael try to 'save' Stevie? I know it would have been pretty futile, but wouldn't the normal instinct be to try CPR, or to press something against her wound, anything? Declaring love and hugging her 'til she breathes her last is a bit of movie cliche! :wink:

Great little montage, though.

Ouch.

Sarah
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:31 pm

Fantastic clip! Shame about the so-called "music" though, that was
awful! In my dad's words . . . "That's not music, that's just noise!"
Although, I thought the visuals and the editing were really good.

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:08 pm

Great video editing job. I thought the song was very appropriate. Where did you get the behind the scenes footage of the cars getting destroyed? They looked like Ryan Newman's wreck at Daytona this year. Well like I said Universal did the right thing in making a NASCAR type stock car for the jump scenes and having the energy disapated through parts flying off of it. Unlike WB who destroyed 300 real Chargers during the Dukes of Hazzad.

Dave

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:15 pm

They are the same destruction scenes featured in the Looking For Freedom Video, that much can be observed. (They might have come from somewhere else, but they were definitely featured in Hasselhoff's Looking For Freedom Video.)

KI

KITT's admirer
Volunteer

Post by KITT's admirer » Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:19 pm

very cool video. iv edited video and put music to it before and know its not easy so nice work. i thought the music choice was great. just think how much that video would have cost u if u had to shoot all the footage yourself, lol. thats a lot of cars. :D

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:51 pm

First I gotta say thank you guys so much for all your comments. I was getting scared that no one was liking my taste in the song and clips were to harsh, lol. It is a bit violent I know, but I put a lot of work into it. :shock:

I got the footage from the same place Hasselhoff did for his music video. :) There are 2 very rare, and um very uh... rated R blooper reels floating around that have all this amazing behind the scenes footage, and these wrecks are just too spectacular to let go to waste. 8)

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it so far, and DJM, sorry you didn't like the music selection. The very first time I heard this song back in 1998 I just simply thought Knight Rider from that moment and had always saw this kinda music video in my head. Its awesome that I finally got a chance to bring it to life and share it with everyone.

So you guys know its not done yet, I want to add voiceovers and such to where you can here michael when Stevie is dead in his arms, and when kitt is drowning I"m going to have kitt's screams for help. So it still needs some touch ups. I'll let you guys know when its updated again. :) Thanks again for all your comments, means alot!

-msKEN

Soul Sista
Rookie

Post by Soul Sista » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:10 pm

Aarrgghh! You fiend :evil: ! Juusstt kidding,MsKen! :wink: Some of those destruction scenes of Kitt were downright brutal man;especially the one that totally destroyed the car after the jump over that trailer. :shock: If you do another video(you know you can't resist! :wink:,) I would love to see the more playful and happier sides of Michael and Kitt-the scene from the "Topaz Connection" where Kitt won't let Michael and the "flavor of the week" get inside him because their covered in oil;comes to my mind. Nice work!

Michael SS-R
Recruit

Post by Michael SS-R » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:10 pm

Wow! Very cool man!

btw I love the TV Junkeez techno Knight Rider video also.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Quick Update :)

Post by msKEN » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:01 pm

http://www.microstuffgames.com/video.html

I've added it to my website if anyone cares. lol A lot of people who don't even like or have never seen Knight Rider are sending me e-mails saying that the video has interested them and wanted to know where they could see Knight Rider. I simply replied 5PM on Sci-Fi be there!

-Ken

KITTinCanada
Volunteer

Post by KITTinCanada » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:33 am

That's a great video Ken.. I did enjoyed watching it..

Michel

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:18 am

Ken that was INCREDIBLE!! You're right that song is perfect and the video goes right along with every beat! You are one talented guy! :D 8) Any way I could snag those blooper reels for a while? :wink:

Cheri

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:41 am

Soul Sista, that's Custom KITT ur talking about. and the video is great...my type of song. it fit perfectly with the scenes that were shown.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:20 am

Wow Ken, just like everyone here im unbelieveably impressed by that video. The music seemed to fit very well and the clips were awesome. Great job!

KI2000
Rookie

Post by KI2000 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:31 am

Nice vid, but still ... I don't like watching the worst scenes of Knight Rider. Maybe in your next clip you can show the best moments of Knight Rider? I'd like that much more :D

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:31 pm

BTW, the clip plays well in Windows Media Player v6.4, so there is really no need
to say it requires Windows Media Player v9.0. Anyway, as WMP v9.0 comes with
a bunch of Digital Restrictions Management filth, and cannot be uninstalled, it's
best to be well avoided . . . Aside from that, the videoclip is still very good . . .

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:03 pm

Alot of people were telling me it wasn't working with Media Player 6.4 so I assumed since I compiled it with 9.0 it only worked with those codecs. Good to know its working with the older versions of media player though, thanks for updating me on that!

Thanks again for the all the comments, the video has recieved 286 hits as of today since I released it on other websites as well. Thanks everyone! As for the best scenes of Knight Rider video? Yes. Its coming soon. I realized this is a bit too depressing for the opening of a video game, lol. Any suggestions for a song to go with the "happy video" ?

-Ken

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:31 pm

Ok, lately I have been really getting into this band, and for some reason, in my widdle mind, the song "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence is starting to fit with turbo boosts, so that would be my recommendation for a somewhat happy song. (It is featured on the Daredevil Soundtrack) Probably not great, but it's what has been playing around in my mind lately.

KI

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:50 pm

The song "my hero" that was used in that music video, who is it by?

[Edit] Ahh, it's by Foo Fighters. Great Song, growing on me more i listen to it.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:22 pm

After some serious thought, I NOW know why you include the worst moments. You used the worst moments to reveal how ordinary Micahel and KITT really are. People think that KITT is always indestructable, when in all reality he's been damaged more times than any bad guy on the show. By showing this, you are showing that KITT has been knocked down a few times before he could get back up, each time coming back twice as strong than before.

I finally get it!

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Re: My Knight Rider Music Video!

Post by msKEN » Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:37 pm

msKEN wrote: In my mind when the lyrics state "There goes my hero, leaving awful fast, there goes my hero, one who's always last.." I see Michael and KITT being ordinary beings doing what some people could only wish they could do, but in the end they aren't super heros they are mere mortals like us, and they can get hurt, and be hurt.
-msKEN :shock:
You've uncovered my whole intentions. :)

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:41 pm

knightimmortal wrote:in my widdle mind, the song "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence is starting to fit with turbo boosts
KI
I'll definitly look into it. I do know the song, evanescence put out a great CD as well, but if were going to do a Knight Rider video with there music, Bring Me to Life" would be my first pic. This is a little off topic but has anyone ever seen "Smallville" on the WB? The opening song "Somebody Save Me" pops in my mind for a "happy song". Any opinions or takes on that one? The song is by Remy Zero.

-Ken