"Goliath returns"

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Goliath return's

Post by whet » Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:18 pm

Does anyone know what the song is that's playing at the start of the episode?
Before Goliath come's to break him out.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:24 pm

I think it is Gimmie Shelter by the Rolling Stones, it is played virtually every time that Garthe is around.

KI

DBZ KITT
Recruit

Post by DBZ KITT » Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:25 pm

That's exactly what it is.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:27 pm

NO NO There's another one right at the start in the exersise yard before evryone hears Goliath comming.
It is comming out of a radio in the yard by the sound of it.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:37 pm

After listening to it again, you are right. It is Heart And Soul, originally done by Huey Lewis & The News.

KI

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:02 pm

Thanks for that you have no idea how that's been bugging me.

KITTFAN2003
Recruit

"Goliath returns"

Post by KITTFAN2003 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:03 am

It appears that Garthe learned from his mistakes in "Goliath" and fixed the mega Semi's weaknesses, but what in the heck is that Adrianne lady doing in this episode? :?: Wasn't that charecter in the episode with the KITT hacking kid :?: :!:

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Re: "Goliath returns"

Post by Knight2000 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:17 am

Its the same actress playing a different character but with the same name I think. Could be completely wrong though.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:10 am

yeah you are wrong yet you are also 100% right as well. In this episode you would be wrong she is the exact same character that she was in Soul Survivor. And where you would be correct at is in the 3rd season she returns as a totally different character in the episode Knight in Retreat.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:52 pm

As for the original question as to why Adrienne showed up in Goliath Returns to join forces with Garthe, well, she seemed to have met him while she and he were supposed to be in prison, they started a rather steamy love affair, she got out of prison, got Goliath's shell back, SHE fixed all of his weaknesses, and then busted Garthe out.

Hope that helps....

KI

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:08 pm

Isn't this the ep where there is supposed to be a pic of Kift hanging somewhere? Or is it another ep?

Cheri

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:39 pm

knightimmortal wrote:...she seemed to have met him while she and he were supposed to be in prison, they started a rather steamy love affair, she got out of prison, got Goliath's shell back, SHE fixed all of his weaknesses, and then busted Garthe out.
After that incident, the state of California decided to re-evaluate their policy on "conjugal visits" :lol:

paulknight
Volunteer

Post by paulknight » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:19 pm

my memory may be playing tricks on me but on the original goliath i remebmer andriane being on michael and kitts side

paulknight
Volunteer

Post by paulknight » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:47 pm

does goliath have rockets in goliath returns??

DBZ KITT
Recruit

Post by DBZ KITT » Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:09 pm

Adrienne was not in the original Goliath episode at all. Goliath doesn't have the rockets in Goliath Returns.

jediknight69
Volunteer

Post by jediknight69 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:28 pm

Hi Everyone, :)

The whole ending of 'Goliath Returns' seems contrived and totally illogical. When Michael climbed out of KITT to rescue the laser scientist, how does he get Goliath's trailer doors open? The doors have a computerized lock on them. Did KITT unlock it? Nothing was said between Michael & KITT about it. Why did Garthe just drive straight and normal while Michael was doing this? I would think he would be swerving and trying to shake Michael off. Also, once KITT was ahead of Goliath, Garthe should have realized that Goliath was NEVER going to catch KITT. Goliath may be tougher, but KITT has so much more speed. Finally, did Michael & Flag even bother to see if Garthe was still alive? Goliath hit water, not solid ground.

jediknight69 8)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:10 pm

knightimmortal wrote:As for the original question as to why Adrienne showed up in Goliath Returns to join forces with Garthe, well, she seemed to have met him while she and he were supposed to be in prison, they started a rather steamy love affair, she got out of prison, got Goliath's shell back, SHE fixed all of his weaknesses, and then busted Garthe out.

Hope that helps....

KI
I'm not sure if this contradicts what you said about them meeting in prison but about 8 minutes before the ending of the episode,when Garth is with Adriane in goliath,he says something like,"I rememebr when you were waiting outside my door,hungry for my touch just because I looked like him."This doesn't make sense because as soon as Goliath ended I'm guessing he went right to prison.

When did this meeting take place?It just may have been where you say it was,prison but I'm not !00% sure of this.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:16 pm

It is not mentioned, it is speculation from the time line splicing. If it were a fact, it would be in the episode. And remember, Garthe speaks in overdramatic tones.

KI

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:45 pm

I always wondered why Goliath didn't have rockets in this episode.I thought that maybe Adriane and Garth would just think the huge grate on Goliath was enough of a weapon.Well now it seems pretty obvious its just another way to destroy Goliath hence another weakness.I thought a laser would be good for round 2 with kitt but Goliath doesn't seem the type to have a little bity laser as a weapon.Rockets fit him just right.

KITTFAN2003
Recruit

Goliath returns-part 2

Post by KITTFAN2003 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:18 am

Something confused me at the very end. When Goliath hit the water, why didn't Garthe and Adrianne swim out? Shouldn't Michael have checked to see if they were alive :?:

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:23 am

Technically, when a vehicle falls from that kind of fall, the occupants inside would have ended up falling victim to the force of gravity, and would have become chunky salsa in the windsheld. Stop and think about it from what you have seen from KR so far. The one thing that KITT avoids at all times is going off a steep embankment with an occupant inside. He might survive the impact, but there is a high possibility the person inside wouldn't. (A Plush Ride)

As for checking for their bodies, well....FLAG and Michael aren't too good at that. It seems like they didn't even bother to check to see if KARR had really blown up at the end of Trust Doesn't Rust. They seemingly didn't pull Goliath's body out of the desert at the end of Goliath, so they just pretty much assume that it is all over.

KI

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:16 am

I once saw on an episode of Baywatch that when a plane with Hobbie and his mom went down that they tried to open the oor but it wouldn't work because you would need equal water pressure on both sides of the door,otherwise it wouldn't open.That may be one answer.

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:22 am

The model of KITT sinking in the sand in the first part was gravy compared to the model in the end with him 'grappling' to safety! Sheesh! I mean we see and hear KITT going a good 60 miles an hour towards the edge of the cliff, yet the model shot is creeping at about 2 miles an hour, and the recoil is completely unrealistic looking...

Does anybody think that Adrian tried to make Garthe swerve to miss Michael and KITT? Because the way it is cut, there is nothing in front of them, and at the last second Adrian just jumps at Garthe for some odd reason!! Did she think they could pull a 180?!?

It's also bad enough when one vehicle in the episode sounds like KITT but 2 or more is unacceptable (the van, AND the police car), word up to the lazy sound crew :shock:

SH

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:30 am

In the first part, I'm still trying to figure out if they are struck by Goliath causing them to lose control and slide off of the cliff, or if it's just because they swerved and lost control in the sand? If you look close at the part where they almost meet, it looks like they really did come in contact, and particles are coming off of KITT?!? Was probably just the sand though...

SH

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:41 pm

to be honest, i don't think even kitt would survive the impact of a fall of a cliff.

surely, even his MBS couldn't take such an impact. think about it for a second...kitt got hit by Goliath in the original episode, with minor but still enough damage!

so imagine him getting hit by the force of the ground.

gravity would be the winner!

plus we don't even know HOW kitt would land.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;