Knight Nationals in 2003??

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Ryda1
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Nationals in 2003??

Post by Knight Ryda1 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:51 pm

I diden't get a chance to make it 2002... Will there be another in 2003? Please I hope this is a YEs.

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:54 pm

Probably yeah. asking the people at http://www.knightregistries.com would be a better idea though, coz its their event.

Scott

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:25 pm

What exactly is this event?

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:42 pm

A show for people with KITT replicas. they all get together in Ohio once a year. visit the website i linked in my other post and you can find it from their main page.

Scott

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:32 pm

Hm. I wonder if I can do that for my bicycle?

JennKnight
Stranger

Post by JennKnight » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:44 am

Hi everyone, it's JennKitt. Until KI can get my account straightened out just bare with me.

I know I haven't posted on this board in a long time, but I'm kinda watching it. This time I thought I'd let you know what I've heard so far. The last thing they'd said was that they were going to hold it at the Travelodge in Vandalia, Ohio, like they have for the past two years. They always hold it in conjuction with the Trans Am Nationals, this year they will be held August 22 - 24th. Usually the Knight Nationals are held Friday and Saturday, but I usually go on Thursday because of the long drive I've got. Even with my recent relocation I'll be arriving on Thursday night.

So to answer your question Knight Ryda1, yes they are planning on having a Knight Nationals 2003. As for the bike... please don't tell me you're hoping to come up with a Knerd replica. :lol:

Jenn

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:44 am

ohio sucks, it really really sucks.

8) come to seattle or something.. *whines* :cry:

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JennKnight
Stranger

Post by JennKnight » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:53 am

*sighs* They've been fighting over the location for a long time. Once they had talked about having two events, but with the cost it just couldn't be done. Ohio may be far out there, but when you look at the number of replicas in the eastern part of the country it does make sense to have it there. For many the trip to Seattle would be out of the question, even I'd be questionable on that one.

From what I've heard it'll be staying in Vandalia for a while because of agreements already made between Knight Registries and the Travelodge in Vandalia. My fiancé and I stayed there Saturday night and I was a little surprised by the discount we get when we stay with Knight Registries. Over all we get treated very well at the Travelodge. I like the location because we're not right in the middle of the big city, but we're still close to everything.

Jenn

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:06 am

Sorry, but they can't change places, they have dealt with this many times, first, they are fairly centrally located, so they can deal with people coming in from all parts of the country. Second, they aren't a travelling show, they generally happen just up the street from the Trans-Am Nationals, and in some cases, it helps defer some of their costs, and third, it was not too long ago, that Knight Registries was in danger of disappearing due to monetary problems. It is not easy to put together a convention of any type, and they are dealing with what they can get, where they can get it, which happens to be Vandalia, Ohio.

So, instead of saying their place sucks, I truly believe that they should be supported in their endeavor, unless anybody else can do anything any better. Legitimately, not just throwing things out as ideas without firm backing, either, we've been there, and all it did was cause pain. No more pain.

KI

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:45 am

I still kick myself in the butt for not going last year :? I'm gonna try this year though since my boy is really psyched on KR. Jenn it's nice to see another fan so close by! Any chance you'll be writing more fics soon?

Cheri

JennKnight
Stranger

Post by JennKnight » Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:05 pm

Hey Cheri,

If you wanna call Philly close by that's great. As many of you know my life has changed drasticly over the past six months or so. Between working two jobs and keeping everything running it hasn't been easy, but, yes, I do plan on writing some more. In fact I'm working on getting my web site updated right now. The fan fiction part shouldn't be to far behind, but it takes time to get some good work out and, at least to me, it can't be rushed. In my case it's been put aside for a little bit, but I think I'll be able to get some more stories written shortly.

I really do wish you could've made it last year. We had a lot of fun. I do believe they were planning to get Don Peake to come again this year, he's a wonderful man and always willing to tell us stories about some parts of the show and it's music. I do remember the first time he came to our little gathering. He was shocked that there was such a following of KR. If you've gone to the Knight Registries site you have a good idea of what I mean. Down to earth and fun to be with. In fact the entire group is usually like that. Right now I'm not sure if my car will make it there next year, but my fiancé's car definetly will be there. :D

Where are you from Cheri? I've heard of a few others in this area too.

JennKitt

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:42 pm

I'm about an hours drive west of you, just across the Susquehanna river in York county. I was over looking at the stuff on the Knight Registries site and another site linked off from there. Lots of neat stuff, lots of fun, that's why I kick myself :( Just gotta try this year.

Cheri

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:30 pm

Hey Jenn!!!

How have you been? Hows the car comming along? Live in PA now? Didn;t you live around my neck of the woods before? I am really kicking myself for not going to the Nats last year... but I am going to make it this year!! Even if I have to make it in my Camaro and get all the eye rolls again! <grin> Anyway.. nice site... love the pic with it by the water.
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

JennKitt
Volunteer

Post by JennKitt » Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:06 pm

Hey CK, if your about an hour away from me then maybe we could hook up and do a convoy out to Nats. I believe the drive from this direction should be about the same as coming from the other direction, which was about 8 1/2 hours. Guess we'll see. :)

Yeah, I live in Philly now. My fiancé is originaly from Philly. I used to live in central WI, but moved when my better half ( :wink: ) suggested it. For now my Kitt is in storage, partly because of the weather and partly because of the long drive out to Philly. It was better just to leave him in storage for the time being. I do have updates on my site from our last trip out to Philly. You'll have to take a look.

Personally I don't care what you drive to Nats as long as you make it. The more people we've got the more fun it'll be for everyone. I'm really looking forward to going. Even if my Kitt doesn't make it I know my fiancés' Kitt will. :D
Hope to see you there.
JennKitt

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:29 pm

Sounds good.. hope you like it out there... but as long as another tradegy doesn't happen in the next 5 months.. I'll be there... (What I mean is that in the last 2 months, my parent's house burned down, and both my sister and Dad got sent overseas) Kinda kicks you while you're down.. ya know? But as long as the ol'd camaro doesn't die and no one else does... plan on seeing me again. <grin> And yeah.. it was roughly 8 hours to get there from here.
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

JennKitt
Volunteer

Post by JennKitt » Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:20 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your parents house and about your sister and Dad being sent overseas. I know how hard it is when someone you love leaves.

My fiancé and I stopped at the Travelodge in Vandallia, OH while we were on our way to Philly. It's still wonderful to stay at that place. We were already booking our room for the show. Next time we go through, if not before that, we'll be making the reservation. The earlier you get it the better. We'll have to see if we can't get something set up when Nats gets closer. My fiancé wants me to bring my Kitt too, but right now I'm not sure. It depends on what happens.

JennKitt 8)

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:26 pm

All this talk about Nats is making me want to go and root through the Trader magazine for a truck again. I had one found but couldn't pay for it. :P Who knows, if I get my job at the U of I, maybe I'll be able to swing payments on a used 97-98 F-150. For those of you going, you'll know me. I'll be the freak hanging out with JennKitt and driving a truck (ranger or full-size, we'll see).

And yes, Nats are a blast. It's even more fun when you work up the balls to ask if you can ride with someone who's got their conversion with them. ( Thanks Chris)

Rusti
Last edited by rusti_knight on Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:27 pm

Thanks... yeah, hopefully everything will turn out ok.. the house is SLOWLY being rebuilt.. and supposedly they won't be gone for REALLY long.. but I would love to see both of your KITT's as well. :D
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

JennKitt
Volunteer

Post by JennKitt » Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:20 pm

lol I'll try, but right now I can't make any promises. Driving without the drivers side mirror isn't easy, especially around here.

I'm sure you'll get your truck Rusti. I know I look forward to seeing it. :)

JennKitt 8)

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:12 pm

A convoy to the Nats sounds like a cool idea. Let's see what goes on between now and then but I'm sure gonna try. My son will flip at all those Kitts, not to mention his Mom :lol:

Cheri

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:18 pm

Wondering if there is someone around this area that might want to hook up to go.. not really looking to drive alone.. but will pick someone up or meet, or have them pick me up... either way, but I just think its a lot more fun to drive with someone... anyone in the Wisconsin area looking to go? (I was going to ask you Jenn, till I saw you left us... *snifle*) But I am still going. :)
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

JennKitt
Volunteer

Post by JennKitt » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:38 pm

Sorry to do that to you, but somethings you can't always control. :) If you ask Rusti real nice she might let you follow. Last I knew there were a few of us that would meet at Nats. Rusti lives in IL, last I knew she was the closest to you that'll be going.

Another place you might ask is on the Knight Registries board ( http://knightregistries.com/ ). You might be able to get hold of someone that's going from that area.

It'd be great to get a convoy together. I've always said the more the merrier and the more Kitt and Karrs we get the better. I've found that kids of all ages love to see our cars. :D

JennKitt 8)

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:42 pm

"I've found that kids of all ages love to see our cars"
Someday I'll be part of that statement... just you wait!! Lol:D And if I have to drive there by myself.. thats no prob... driven to Auton, Tx, and Orlando, FL by myself once to meet people... just thought it would cut down on the costs..... Hope to see you there...
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:43 pm

Hmm....August is a long way away...maybe I'll be living in Champaign by then. KvsK will have to ask me again later on in the year in order to arrange anything.

Rusti
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

katz112
Recruit

Post by katz112 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:33 pm

K.I.T.T. Vs K.A.R.R,

I live in Portage, MI, and would love to carpool with you. I don't know where Your city is located, but OHIO is not far from me. If I had my GTA running I would love to take it there.
Anybody else around our area who is interested in carpooling????