KNIGHT RIDER:2000 30th ANNIVERSARY

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

KNIGHT RIDER:2000 30th ANNIVERSARY

Post by krrdr2010 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:42 pm

On May 19 2021, KNIGHT RIDER:2000 Will Celebrate its 30th Anniversary. I Love this Movie. The KNIGHT INDUSTRIES 4000(K.I.F.T.), Which is Based on the Dodge Stealth, is Cool, David Hasselhoff and Edward Mulhare are Great, and The Late James Doohan("Scotty" from STAR TREK:TOS) is in it. What I am Surprised about is that it is not yet Available on DVD and Blu-Ray, and That neither Hot-Wheels or JADA have done a Die-Cast Metal Version of the KNIGHT 4000. I have the only Merchandise they did for KR:2000, A Model Kit of the KNIGHT 4000(That somebody put together for me-I'm still looking for it Unbuilt). What do you think of KNIGHT RIDER:2000?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KNIGHT RIDER:2000 30th ANNIVERSARY

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:19 pm

Knight Rider 2000 is a special feature on the season 1 box set dvd. It was a cute film. David once mentioned in an interview article that he intended it as if it was Michael Knight if he weren't a super hero like the series. He loved signing autographs during the production for kids. It was intended to be a movie of the week about 5 times a year if it had good ratings which it didn't.

Mechanicjay
Rookie

Post by Mechanicjay » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:32 pm

Yeah, I saw this when it was broadcast and even as a kid, I was a little meh on it, though naturally there are good bits and pieces here and there. I watched it again just a couple years ago from the Season 1 DVDs and I really didn't like it due plot holes, pacing, etc. I will watch it again in May though and try approach it with an open(er) mind!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:43 pm

Available since June 12th, 2017 from Amazon if you're interested in the same film you get from the season 1 box set in it's own dvd case with cover art:

https://www.amazon.com/Knight-Rider-200 ... 902&sr=8-2

I wouldn't hold your breathe on any commentaries by David or other producers, any interviews probably not even a trailer.

DaraSue
Volunteer

Post by DaraSue » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:16 pm

Knight Racer wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:43 pm
Available since June 12th, 2017 from Amazon if you're interested in the same film you get from the season 1 box set in it's own dvd case with cover art:

https://www.amazon.com/Knight-Rider-200 ... 902&sr=8-2

I wouldn't hold your breathe on any commentaries by David or other producers, any interviews probably not even a trailer.
That DVD is Region 2 so may or may not play on US DVD players, proceed with caution. (I have the KR08 and 2010 DVDs in R2 format and somehow they still play normally on my external DVD drive and the cheap blu-ray player I got from Wal-Mart a few years back, so maybe region coding isn't as much of a thing as it used to be?)

Personally I enjoyed KR2000 but I watched it fairly soon after watching the original series for the first time and it felt more like some weird AU fanfic. I can definitely see how people who waited 5 years for it would have found it underwhelming. KITT's in a fancy new car and his most exciting feature is... being able to drive on water. OK... :P

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:03 pm

I deleted that post when I saw it was only for region 2. Not sure how the forum kept it. Would have been great if someone gave that movie some love with commentaries by David and the producer. a few retrospectives, a few interviews but it just didn't rank that high with fans. if it did, I'm sure they would have made a few more made for tv movies that year.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:01 pm

If you want to watch the best quality version of the movie, get the region 2 standalone DVD on Amazon. I was blown away at the quality difference between that version and the current and previous U.S. DVD versions.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff