‘Knight Rider’ Feature In The Works From Spyglass Media & James Wan; TJ Fixman Scripting

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Radicalas
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

‘Knight Rider’ Feature In The Works From Spyglass Media & James Wan; TJ Fixman Scripting

Post by Radicalas » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:32 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Spyglass Media Group has teamed with Atomic Monster’s James Wan and Michael Clear to develop a film based on the 1980s classic action series Knight Rider. TJ Fixman, a former video game writer, is adapting the screenplay.

Created by Glen A. Larson, Knight Rider first aired on NBC from 1982-1986 and boosted David Hasselhoff’s career. It’s about a high-tech car named KITT that assists the mysterious crime-fighting driver Michael Knight (Hasselhoff).

The series amassed a significant cult following and spun more TV spinoffs, films, video games, books, and a Knight Rider convention known as KnightCon.

Plot details for this latest installment are being kept under wraps but we hear it will be a present-day take that will maintain the anti-establishment tone of the original.

Judson Scott will serve as executive producer.

As a video game scribe, Fixman wrote and developed Ratchet and Clank and Resistance: Fall of Man. On the film side, Fixman has sold a number of scripts Including One Night On the Hudson to Universal Pictures, Brotherhood of Magic to MGM, and Men Who Kill to Fox with Greg Berlanti producing and Michael B. Jordan starring. Most recently, he sold his original pitch Rogue to STX with David S. Goyers’ Phantom Four producing and feature pitch Legacy to Village Roadshow with Phantom Four producing. Fixman is repped by Grandview and Ziffren Brittenham.

Atomic Monster has upcoming Malignant for Starlight Media and Midas Innovation, The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It for New Line Cinema, There’s Someone Inside Your House for Netflix, and Mortal Kombat for New Line.

Wan’s reps are CAA, Stacey Testro International, and Myman Greenspan Fox Rosenberg Mobasser Younger & Light LLP.
Source: https://deadline.com/2020/08/knight-rid ... 1203006206

Source seems very credible.

Radicalas
Operative

Re: ‘Knight Rider’ Feature In The Works From Spyglass Media & James Wan; TJ Fixman Scripting

Post by Radicalas » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:17 pm

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: ‘Knight Rider’ Feature In The Works From Spyglass Media & James Wan; TJ Fixman Scripting

Post by Assasinge » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:13 pm

Is it too much to ask Hollywood to be creative and create a new franchise for me to get hooked on instead of trying to revive a classic? Anyway I’ve heard and read similar articles like this for almost 10 years now, even the James Gunn thing with Hoff, the movie with Nugent and Glen Larson before he died or whatever it was supposed to be, all of them were nothing and probably for the better if you ask me. I take this with a grain of salt.

I’m going to ask for forgiveness in advance here, because I sincerly hope, this does not happen. I don’t want seeing my childhood revived in a different fashion, 30 years later there is no way you can recapture the lightning in a bottle I watched as a kid. This article doesn’t even say if the Hoff is even a part of it, but even then, I want something new to become a part of, I want innovation, something I can maybe crossover with Knight Rider in my imagination and world. I can’t let this happen. I understand fans may be excited, but Hollywood’s track record has reached a level that has thrown me off my own decisions about wanting to work in it years ago.

Sorry. This isn’t the way.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:12 pm

Lets hope this is the people David has been teasing lately being involved. If so He made it sound like He was heavily involved. He said by this October we would hear something. Lets hope this is it.

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:23 am

Modified current Camaro would be not bad as a KITT. I'd choose other rims though. Perhaps sleekier and wider 5 spoke.

Last edited by Radicalas on Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:26 am

I hope something happens but we’ve been here so many times now, think I’ll believe it when I see it.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:32 pm

I hope it happens. The Camaro idea is a great idea

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:48 pm

I sure hope this doesn't happen and we can learn to move on from this and make something new for once instead of reviving 30 year old classics over and over again for no reason other than money. Isn't this being written by the same guy who wrote the awful Ratchet and Clank movie from 2016? And this is being directed by a guy who did Furious 7? Nail in the coffin, just what we need -.-

WhiteBird
Rookie

Post by WhiteBird » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:07 am

I for one am really looking forward to this. We need some new Knight Rider toys, merchandise, etc. We need some new gas on the Knight Rider fire and we need to keep Knight Rider alive. As long as its done the right way, it will be awesome!
White Bird

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:20 pm

What would make this Film Awesome is it it came out in 2022-KNIGHT RIDER'S 40th Birthday!!! That would be COOL!!

DaraSue
Volunteer

Post by DaraSue » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:00 pm

I somehow went nearly 44 years on this planet without ever seeing a single episode of Knight Rider until a month and a half ago so I won't have the same "ugh stop destroying my childhood" reaction to this as a lot of people probably will, but I think they're going to have a hard time capturing the magic of the show. It wasn't just the premise of a hot dude driving a cool car that did crazy stunts that made it awesome, it was the likability and chemistry of the characters and they're not going to recapture that with just any pretty-boy actor and flashy sports car. If that's missing, all the CGI in the world isn't going to make up for it.

Ideally I'd love to see Hoff and KITT Classic return. He still looks great for his age and KITT is timeless! Even if they weren't the main characters it would be sweet to see them passing the torch to the new hot dude and cool car :)