If Knight Rider had a 5th season and moved to syndication

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

If Knight Rider had a 5th season and moved to syndication

Post by kitt34 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:42 pm

KITT's 1982 trans-am would have been exploded and destroyed and got replaced by a sleek black 1987 firebird trans am, super sleek.

knight rider could have also filmed in 35mm processed into videotape for editing.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: If Knight Rider had a 5th season and moved to syndication

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:58 pm

I don't think they would have switched to any new model body since they did have episodes where kitt was fully destroyed like junk yard dog and knight of the juggernaut. only changes were to the custom nose and interior. Trans Ams were expensive and we were lucky that the train carrying a dozen in early 82 were donated to the Universal. If they switched to a new year model body they would have had to order about a dozen for consistency. Without that we wouldn't have had as many turbo boosts, ejector seats, convertible kit, super pursuit mode kitt.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:02 am

Knight Racer wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:58 pm
I don't think they would have switched to any new model body since they did have episodes where kitt was fully destroyed like junk yard dog and knight of the juggernaut. only changes were to the custom nose and interior. Trans Ams were expensive and we were lucky that the train carrying a dozen in early 82 were donated to the Universal. If they switched to a new year model body they would have had to order about a dozen for consistency. Without that we wouldn't have had as many turbo boosts, ejector seats, convertible kit, super pursuit mode kitt.
And how about ultra pursuit mode with kitt reaching 500 mph.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:55 am

I posted super pursuit mode as the final feature in my last post.

AFTON ROBOTICS
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by AFTON ROBOTICS » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:06 am

If they really couldn't have continued with a normal 5th Season of 20 1-Hour Episodes & 1-2 2-Hour Episodes...

then they should have just done yearly seasons consisting of like 6 2 TV movies.

that way the budget would also allow for bigger stunts/etc and keeping the same production crew

(imagine if one of those 2-Hour TV movies would have featured K.I.T.T. and Michael going to Europe)

if they would have done that it really could have extended the original Knight Rider's lifespan by several years.

Basically what they intended on doing to continue Knight Rider 2000 after the idea to make a regular Season of 1-Hour episodes fell through

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:45 pm

That was their plan for knight rider 2000 revival to be a movie of the week for maybe a few episodes a year. Unfortunatly it didn't do well enough to justify even that in 1990. Sadly the only read time for a talking car was the 80's.

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:49 pm

AFTON ROBOTICS wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:06 am
If they really couldn't have continued with a normal 5th Season of 20 1-Hour Episodes & 1-2 2-Hour Episodes...

then they should have just done yearly seasons consisting of like 6 2 TV movies.

that way the budget would also allow for bigger stunts/etc and keeping the same production crew

(imagine if one of those 2-Hour TV movies would have featured K.I.T.T. and Michael going to Europe)

if they would have done that it really could have extended the original Knight Rider's lifespan by several years.

Basically what they intended on doing to continue Knight Rider 2000 after the idea to make a regular Season of 1-Hour episodes fell through
Holy sh*t it's Afton! How're you doing m8? Haven't spoken to you in forever.
Rstein, the supercomputer on wheels.

WhiteBird
Rookie

Post by WhiteBird » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:48 am

oh boy, my fanfiction loving mind is going in all sort of directions right now. I can think of a lot of things they could have done with a 5 th season. we could have had an episode of Michael and Bonnie maybe going out on a date and getting into some hot water with bad goons together. we could have some more action with Michael and RC3. I could go on and on.
White Bird

AFTON ROBOTICS
Recruit

Post by AFTON ROBOTICS » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:29 am

WittgenTT5/Rstein wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:49 pm
Holy sh*t it's Afton! How're you doing m8? Haven't spoken to you in forever.

I'm doing not very well, to be honest

hope you have been having a good time
Last edited by AFTON ROBOTICS on Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

AFTON ROBOTICS
Recruit

Post by AFTON ROBOTICS » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:41 am

A 5th Season also could have give us

Turbo Boosts in SPM and C-Mode

and Ski-Mode action in C-Mode (though that would be very unnerving even for Michael I'll bet)

Ski-Mode while being in SPM would only really work if going straight (so better don't turn even a TINY bit there Michael)

Also, a 5th Season could have given us an episode where C-Mode would be used to go undercover

if the baddies have never seen K.I.T.T. before then they would think he is an entirely different car since K.I.T.T. is the only car in the world that changes that drastically when putting its roof down

also, another K.A.R.R. episode is an absolute must!

K.A.R.R. getting rebuilt but now with all of the functions and capabilities of Season 4 K.I.T.T.

Super Pursuit Mode chases!
K.A.R.R. would then look exactly like K.I.T.T. which would be really cool
not to mention the potential of NOT damaging/destroying him but letting him escape so he can more easily return later on
so that we can have Season-long story arcs involving him being a constant threat looming over the foundation's head

Season 5 of Knight Rider should have definitely given us more of everything

most fun writing my own Knight Rider I ever had was making my own Season 5 episodes

though I wrote them so Season 5 had 3 2-hour episodes like Season 2.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Maybe they could have brought April back, Garthe Knight(Perhaps?) back, and Here's an idea I got from the two part epsiode of STAR TREK:THE NEXT GENERATION" called "DESCENT parts 1@2-That KITT would join KARR? That someone took control of KITT like Lore took over Data in Descent and FLAG would have to find a way to get control of KITT back.

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:07 pm

I always thought they missed an excellent story opportunity by not having Garth and KARR team up. That would have been a "movie of the week." Or even would have made for a really awesome finale.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:48 pm

I remember reading in Joe Huth's book interviews with a producer that the season 5 would have had Karr return for an episode.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:12 am

If Knight Rider continued to this day, I wonder how the music would've changed in the episodes? Maybe for example a "Soul Survivor" hypnotic music in the 2000's would've sounded something like this? :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8SYYrUpO-8
(Well, it's trance music, hence a good one for "hypnotic" music to modern take of the Soul Survivor episode :P )
Above & Beyond - Hope (Skittlez Remix)

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:21 pm

The knight rider fan game that Ms Ken is currently working on i believe is based on a 5th season and its to fill in the gaps after scent of roses (1986) to Knight rider (2008)

But in my opinion if NBC would’ve ordered a 5th Season I think the 2 hr season premiere should’ve been set in NYC. It would’ve been nice to see kitt driving across the Brooklyn bridge.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:47 pm

I've always wondered about the gap between the end of the classic series and the events of Knight Rider 2000, which is why one of the novels I've been hard at work on for years now is going to tackle exactly this. In particular, one of the novels I'm writing (which is still untitled), is set in 1990 and basically will tell the story of the events that directly lead to Michael leaving the Foundation and KITT being shut down. It won't have a happy ending (since it can't because they flat out said he left in 1990 because he "lost his purpose"), but it's going to be a really, really cool and creative story with tons of easter eggs and a storyline that will turn everything on its head in some ways.

But for my story, I do think that by the time 1990 comes around, KITT would have been in a new Trans Am body, if for no other reasons than 1) all parts eventually wear out and need replacing, assuming no damage happens along the way that causes replacement to happen faster, and 2) KITT was always intended to be "the car of the future" and as such, there's no way FLAG would have allowed KITT's technology to become anything less than state-of-the-art, and that includes exterior design. Just like how virtually all products made by all companies have iterative updates to the models of those products every so often, I think FLAG would have been the same way with KITT.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff