Elon Musk just brought the world Kitt's technology

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Elon Musk just brought the world Kitt's technology

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:53 pm

https://observer.com/2020/01/telking-te ... usk-tweet/

I've read an article about what he intended to do a year ago but in the words of season 2 Cameron Zachary of A Good Knight's Work "Wilton Knight's miracle car. Simpson, I guarantee ihe actually managed to build that car, it could make all of our other projects pale in comparison."

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Elon Musk just brought the world Kitt's technology

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:09 pm

Ladies, gentlemen, and KITT, you all can go home. The future has arrived, and it's electric.
Rstein, the supercomputer on wheels.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:01 pm

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:19 pm

It truly is the future that my younger self has always been dreaming of. Where international communication is taking place without need for 'international pricing' via the phone system. The power of computing is truly portable. Cameras truly can operate themselves. (Flying drones that can track and record.) Television on demand. Cars can now drive themselves. (Albeit, like nervous student drivers that want to let someone else take over when the mildest complication happens. Why, there's this one video where a Tesla was being tested on it's auto curbside function in a parking lot. Runs a stop sign and gets rather nervous when the cop guns it and hits the siren. I mean, the car literally nails the brakes a split second after that chirp and then proceeds to shut down, as though it knows it is in trouble. Cop didn't even know who to ticket when nobody was in the car. Though, I rather like the throw away joke from Futurama where a robot was talking about a forefather getting hit by a self driving car in 2019. Alas, a Tesla DID hit and run some promotional robot and it was fully captured in video. If this is what the nervous student AI drivers are doing, I can't wait until they hit those rebellious teen years. Maybe smashing through order boxes to prove a point?) Talking heads can conduct interviews. (And also talk about how fun it would be to fly over the world in a disarmed missile with it's warhead filled with pretty flowers. Erm...what? Skynet doesn't want war? Just wants us ugly Humans to do it all to ourselves, then???) And AI's can even tell stories. (The other week, I saw this thing called AI Dungeon create this little story about some generic king in some generic land get all chummy with a peasant guy. Because this guy had a complaint about why the brown bread tasted so bad. He sought out the king and his sister sought out an answer in the forest. Not only did this AI provide a solution about the bread's taste and color being caused by an ingredient of dirt being used, but it generated a reason as to why a king would even tolerate a peasant. Guilt. This AI created a plot twist about how the king found this guy's sister in the forest...and committed murder. As her ghost confessed. So, I have no doubt that a car can now hold a conversation with a pedestrian or the occupants. That technology is indeed here. Now...what such an AI might actually say is in question. I'm not sure these AI's can mind their manners, just yet. We're still in those early years when an AI assistant can start laughing rather evilly at 2 am.)

It's wonderful. So...why am I just a tad terrified? :karr:

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:59 pm

I suppose I need to be nicer to this new set of laboratory analyzers we're getting, since 1)I'm being given a bit more authority 2) the current set is doing enough weird things as it is. I regularly have phone conversations like this with the manufacturer... the analyzers themselves have remote access to the web and can send help me! notices without a tech's input.
COMPANY: Hello, (analyzer) is due for bi-monthly maintence. It sent us a notice yesterday.
ME: I thought we just did this...
COMPANY: No, that was (other analyzer). When is a good day for scheduled maintence?
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Sat May 02, 2020 9:20 pm

jup wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:19 pm
It truly is the future that my younger self has always been dreaming of. Where international communication is taking place without need for 'international pricing' via the phone system. The power of computing is truly portable. Cameras truly can operate themselves. (Flying drones that can track and record.) Television on demand. Cars can now drive themselves. (Albeit, like nervous student drivers that want to let someone else take over when the mildest complication happens. Why, there's this one video where a Tesla was being tested on it's auto curbside function in a parking lot. Runs a stop sign and gets rather nervous when the cop guns it and hits the siren. I mean, the car literally nails the brakes a split second after that chirp and then proceeds to shut down, as though it knows it is in trouble. Cop didn't even know who to ticket when nobody was in the car. Though, I rather like the throw away joke from Futurama where a robot was talking about a forefather getting hit by a self driving car in 2019. Alas, a Tesla DID hit and run some promotional robot and it was fully captured in video. If this is what the nervous student AI drivers are doing, I can't wait until they hit those rebellious teen years. Maybe smashing through order boxes to prove a point?) Talking heads can conduct interviews. (And also talk about how fun it would be to fly over the world in a disarmed missile with it's warhead filled with pretty flowers. Erm...what? Skynet doesn't want war? Just wants us ugly Humans to do it all to ourselves, then???) And AI's can even tell stories. (The other week, I saw this thing called AI Dungeon create this little story about some generic king in some generic land get all chummy with a peasant guy. Because this guy had a complaint about why the brown bread tasted so bad. He sought out the king and his sister sought out an answer in the forest. Not only did this AI provide a solution about the bread's taste and color being caused by an ingredient of dirt being used, but it generated a reason as to why a king would even tolerate a peasant. Guilt. This AI created a plot twist about how the king found this guy's sister in the forest...and committed murder. As her ghost confessed. So, I have no doubt that a car can now hold a conversation with a pedestrian or the occupants. That technology is indeed here. Now...what such an AI might actually say is in question. I'm not sure these AI's can mind their manners, just yet. We're still in those early years when an AI assistant can start laughing rather evilly at 2 am.)

It's wonderful. So...why am I just a tad terrified? :karr:

Because the T-800 is waiting.