Goliath - Kitt's molecular bonded shell

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Goliath - Kitt's molecular bonded shell

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:42 am

I was watching Goliath and when Devon told Michael why his face looks so similar to Garthe's, he mentions that he fears Kitt's molecular bonded shell formula may have been compromised. He was under some very strong drugs when Elizabeth interrogated him. How did he know that was the topic she focused on?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Goliath - Kitt's molecular bonded shell

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:47 am

Side point, Bonnie's last name is mentioned at the bus depot announcement " leaving for Barstowe" at the bus depot where kitt has tracked the lock for the key in this episode, as it is the first episode that had her replaced with April Curtis as the technician. Funny way of telling the cast that Patricia Mcpherson has left the show. First time I ever noticed that and I must have watched this episode a dozen times at least.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Assasinge » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:06 am

I remember watching that episode too a few weeks ago actually, but as far as him knowing that his MBS was compromised, we do know that Garthe was after something, considering that he had just escaped prison, and perhaps in the past they might have had a nasty encounter with Garther while KITT was under development too. After all, Garthe does believe that he should be the one to own KITT and take Michael Knight's place you know. Maybe Devon had a good hunch that things weren't as innocnent as they looked at Elizabeth's house but he went there anyway. Also, I do believe that when Devon was drugged wasn't he unable to speak just a few seconds after he jngested it in his drink? Maybe I'm wrong.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:20 pm

Devon was completely under the effects of the sodium
pentahol so I'm not sure how he was able to determine that was what she asked him. They just went on some hunch that is what he was interrogated about. There is nothing that shows Garth was ever after it in the first place. It's only after we see that one of the 3 that know the formula is dead that they can figure out its the shell they were after because Elizabeth paid the other man a visit.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:35 pm

Funny how we still spot new details from the show even after all these years :)
Wasn't Devon suspicious already that Elizabeth was after something as she never did anything without reason? Everybody always tried to steal KITT or break into it physically or electronically so as Elizabeth was Wilton's wife (do I remember correct?) and Devon was one of the three knowing the formula for KITT's MBS, maybe putting all this together it wasn't so hard to come to that conclusion, Devon was experienced and intelligent man after all.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Well Elizabeth also said that she was always fond of Devon and that's why the foundation saw very little of her. I doubt Wilton ever brought up stuff that he was designing in such detail. Maybe his idea of flag but not intricate details like we've developed a formula to coat anything with an indestructible shell and I've also taken the extremes to ensure its safe by splitting up the formula with Devon and 2 other people.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:36 am

Perhaps a bit of a side tracked note, here...but I always found it a curiosity how Kitt had all these advanced sensory devices. Yet, he could not figure out all the components that made up this secret MBS formula. Yet, he most certainly could determine that Goliath was coated in the stuff AND EVEN determine when it had been neutralized upon himself.

My fan fiction writing solution was that it was like a tiny piece of code that determined X+Y+Z equaled AI amnesia, as if those sensors had a specific kind of anti-virus inside that denied saying what any of the formula's components were...even to Kitt.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:02 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Side point, Bonnie's last name is mentioned at the bus depot announcement " leaving for Barstowe" at the bus depot where kitt has tracked the lock for the key in this episode, as it is the first episode that had her replaced with April Curtis as the technician. Funny way of telling the cast that Patricia Mcpherson has left the show. First time I ever noticed that and I must have watched this episode a dozen times at least.

Maybe so with saying Barstow. But also you guys got to remember Barstow is a major greyhound bus stop between la and and Vegas
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008