Kitt on Discovery Channel's Fast N' Loud Show

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

RicardoRibeiro2000
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Kitt on Discovery Channel's Fast N' Loud Show

Post by RicardoRibeiro2000 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:11 pm

Hey guys, check this out, Kitt is going to be on Discovery Channel's Fast N' Loud Show!
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=647802531997514
:dash4: :kitt2: :kitt:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Kitt on Discovery Channel's Fast N' Loud Show

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:48 am

It's too soon for me to set an auto-record on the DVR but I'll be sure to watch. Cool find!
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:39 am

Anyone know when this episode will air? I've been through the cable guide and can't find a mention of Kitt in any of them.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:37 am

Sounds like you didn't watch the video... At the end they say it airs Monday, December 8.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:56 am

I must have been distracted by the Kitt replica when they mentioned it, thanks.

TurboBoostMan
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by TurboBoostMan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:51 pm

Somebody read my mind. I was actually gonna ask Richard to do build me one too. And get Hasselhoff to sign the glove box, like they did with the Bandit car.
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:17 pm

At the end of the promo they say you can win the car !!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Dave
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:17 pm

I just set my DVR to record tomorrow night's episode of Fast N' Loud which will feature a kitt conversion.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:41 pm

Watching the show... The whole thing is kind of silly but I'm really enjoying it. (Hey, sounds like the original show!)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:13 pm

I'm cracking up at all the stupidity going on in the show. SPOILERS::: First lets try to find all the parts dashboard which we all takes how many months? 6 months to a year to get built and mailed? A working 82-85 trans am is hard to find in good condition in black. The tail lights of all parts is the hardest part to get working on the replica they bought??? Maybe someone should let them know the voice modulator isn't working properly so no kitt sound clips will be very disappointing. How they think they can sneak into the Hoff's dressing room when we all saw how they snuck through the door a foot behind the other guy opening the door. The way they try to use that blonde to influence to Hoff into not throwing them out is sheer stupidity. It's a good thing we all know he was hired to do this show because there's no way any of what they tried to do would work in reality.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:33 pm

Turbo mode to make up the time??? Someone get them some episodes to watch. At least they used some of the clips from the show including a good turbo boost scene.

KentuckyKITT
Rookie

Post by KentuckyKITT » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:04 am

I sure did laugh a lot through that one. The tail light blackout should have been the easiest thing to do, but instead, they went way off the map with that one. I was literally shaking my head watching them try to add a piece of plexi by completely doing away with the factory tail lights. The end result of the lights looked plain awful. I'm sorry, but for 1,500.00, those seats were poorly done. Did you see how many wrinkles were in those seats? I wouldn't have tipped the extra $100.00 for that job and I certainly wouldn't have paid $1,500 for that, quick turn-around or not.

It was still a fun episode to watch and I had some good laughs though. The Hasselhoff bit was clearly staged, but still fun to watch. I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard watching them do the tail light blackout. That was the funniest thing to me of the whole show. It was nice to see KITT on TV again.
"KITT, if this is just a toy factory, I'm Peter Pan."

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:49 am

As KITT said, Richard is all about the $$$ :roll:

He could care less about the build :|

Dave
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

vampire knight
Rookie

Post by vampire knight » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:27 pm

OKC KNIGHT wrote:As KITT said, Richard is all about the $$$ :roll:

He could care less about the build :|

Dave
If you can care less it means you still care some. When you can't care less anymore then you really don't care :mrgreen:

I liked it I thought it was in good fun. I wasn't expecting a "hero" quality replica, they worked with that they had, it's not the best replica and it's not the worst. I know for a fact they contacted some parts makers and they just couldn't work with the timeframe the show required. It's not a $100k car (I don't think they claim it's one either), it's all part of the game/show. The guy wanted it built in a short amount of time and paid a premium for it. It seems they had fun, sure they took a few shots, but I never felt they crossed a line.

A lot of people complain that they were disrespectful I didn't feel that way at all. Richard and Aaron are true car guys, Richard's first car I believe was a 2nd gen Firebird and Christie seemed like a genuine fan of the Hoff, they didn't seem to show disrespect towards him. People say they disrespected the car, I saw them complain about some faults the car had, many due in part from the original owner. That car was an electrical mess, wiring and electrical systems, especially when hacked like the ones on the show, can be one of the hardest things to fix in a car. Also, realistically these cars are not the greatest as far as build quality, they're pretty bad in fact, I should know I own two of them. There are things to love about them and I'm not building a replica for no reason, but c'mon they are 80's cars, the 80s were not the pinnacle of build quality. Others complain that they disrespected the show and again I say, it was an 80's show about a talking car! It's called a parody. No one here is going to say I'm not a fan of the show, but I can laugh at myself for being a fan of it, don't take it too serious guys....guess you can't please a fanboy. People are going so far as to say they're glad Glen Larson died before this aired? Seriously? I don't even have words for that.

In the end it's a TV show, it's one that they put out fairly quickly, it's not a two hour movie with a 100 million dollar budget, they churn these out pretty fast. Sure there are some things staged and they can be a little hokey, but in the end I was glad they gave our little fandom a two hour slice on a very popular show. They dedicated time to do a Knight Rider episode, I think that's great! Within the context and premise of the show the replica was fine, I'd give a 6 out of 10, these guys aren't replica builders the were never going to build a perfect replica (I'd be more upset at the original replica owner if you really want to complain about replica parts), but they had fun with it...but then I'm a fan of the show in general, sure Richard can be a little obnoxious, but I respect the brand he has built and I have a lot of respect for Aaron's expertise.
Last edited by vampire knight on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Well I guess I don't have to say anything since Vampire summed up my feelings perfectly. But I'll add something anyway.

It was a fun 2 hours if you drop the expectations. Yeah, it would have been cool if it was an actual "build a KITT" show rather than a "buy a KITT" show. But everyone seemed to be having fun with the Knight Rider theme and I definitely got the feeling that they were big fans. The over-the-top turbo boost dream montage reminded me a bit of the Robot Chicken episode.

They had me thinking it was mostly "real" pretty much up to the point where they got to Sweden/Switzerland (ha!), but when they crawled past the security guard I thought - as Vampire said - OK, it's a parody.

I think the only reason they seemed to "struggle" with the blackout lights is because they did so little to modify the car, they had to create some drama with it. I bet the actual instal went much more smoothly than the editing suggests.

Overall, it was 2 hours of Knight Rider on Discovery. That sounds pretty good to me.