KITT Project for School

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TurboBoostMan
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

KITT Project for School

Post by TurboBoostMan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:19 am

So I have to do a project in my marketing class where I can pick any product I want and I have to try and sell it to the class. I chose to do my very favorite car. I have to do a presentation and have some sort of selling aid. I decided to make a video of different clips from Knight Rider, showing KITT's most awesome moments and some of his capabilities. I was wondering if there is anything specific that I should show to make people more interested in "buying" my product. I also need to present 6 features/ benefits and i do need to present 3 accessories. Not sure on accessories. But I'll be incorporating my 6 favorite capabilities of KITT (Turbo Boost, Ability to Talk, Ski Mode, Super Pursuit Mode, MBS, Ejection Seats) Anybody know any really good moments where these things happen in certain episodes so I can make my video fast and easily??
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KITT Project for School

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:21 pm

Since you're trying to show a presentation on the worlds greatest automobile,I'd incoporate certain features that would make the pitch more about what cars should be able to do today and shine less of a light on his more extraordinary/unbelievable abilities.

Autopilot had one of its best moments for safety in the pilot episode.When Michael falls asleep at the wheel and auto cruise control takes over.How many of us have had that drowsy feeling at some point on long drives.That's a great safety feature.

Video phone monitor would be a great feature if it didn't distract people from the road as much.

Such as his fingerprint scanner.In season one Good Day At White Rock you can show how the biker thug tried to open the door and couldn't get in because the fingerprint scanner didn't recognize Michael's fingerprints on the thug.So that's a security feature.

Kitt was the first car to have ever used a GPS navigation system.I still remember in 1997 at a car show where I saw a 4x4 truck have a dash with a screen built into it for the navigation as the first I'd ever seen and referenced knight rider to my friend.You can show the onscreen navigation in Knight of the Juggernaught.The season 3/4 episodes had a better scren for it.

Grappling hook used in Golaith Returns to pull kitt out of the quicksand trap which could describe how hard it is to pull our cars our of snow.A weather condition I'm having now.

As for accessories,I'd bring up the comn link watch in Custom Kitt used when kitt alerts Michael of burglars trying to steal him as another security theft feature.I'd also mention as another accessory a ground to air satelite drone S.I.D. in season 4 Hills of Fire.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:12 pm

Hey i got a great plan for you at the beginning for your video have a clip from kr2008 pilot movie where the villains was saying "there was a urban legend that Graiman built a car for Wilton Knight".Now on KITTs functions.

On the grappling hook also add part of the episode "Season 4/Many Happy Returns" when Michael and KITT pulled the hover craft back to shore.

Also don't forget the smoke release and the best episode to describe the smoke release function would be "season 2 /Merchants Of Death" when Michael and KITT was avoiding the helicopter.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:49 pm

As modern cars have automatic parking systems, how about demonstrating KITT's version from the episode "Just My Bill", the final scene :D

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:40 am

Thank you very much everybody. You all were very helpful actually. I took notes so I know exactly what to be looking for.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:35 pm

Looking forward to seeing the presentation and your grade on it.

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:59 pm

This is my first draft of the KITT Project. Opinions???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hz5rRU7 ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:39 am

Excellent first draft.I love everything but the background music used up until kitt introduces himself from footage used in the pilot.The background music coupled with seeing the car activate and move on its own seemed like its intent would cause a fear effect as if the car was haunted.Maybe use a different background song for that first 25 seconds.

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:00 am

Here's the second draft. What do you all think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yszwly4T ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:27 pm

Looks great! Have you considered using shots of kitt with alterations such as in slammin sammy stunt show spectacular,custom kitt,circus knights?

DarylKnight
Rookie

Post by DarylKnight » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:22 pm

Awesome stuff going on here! I love the idea of marketing KITT. If you're still looking for some more suggestions, I'd like to chime in too! I would consider dropping the Built by Wilton Knight for FLAG headline, and focus more solely on Knight Industries, since that's the company, and KITT is the product. I feel like FLAG would be a marketing turn off. Kind of like how we know we can't get the SUV's the FBI or Secret Service uses. For instance, "Knight Industries brings you, NEW for 2015, The Knight Industries Two Thousand" a few shots of the car, just driving, or feature the car driving with this superimposed over it. Then once you hit a tagline of "New features are..." that's when you cut loose with the fantastic KITT scenes/features. Also, Instead of Turbo Boost being a feature, I think Turbo and Ski Mode should be rolled into the "Accident Avoidance System", as they did enough traffic scenes with those features. Brilliant Turbo Boost found in "A nice indecent little town" and the ski mode at the end of "Chariot of Gold" would also work nicely.
I didn't mean to overload you, but if it's not too late, here's the actual 1982 Trans Am promo, might give you a few ideas on taking this further! I'm hoping you get the awesome grade you deserve, best of luck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTTtn4FR2g8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:08 pm

If you look at this advertisement for the 82 trans am they show you different versions of the same car.In a way you can pull that off is at the end your video add all the different alterations kitt's gone through such as the episodes I've mentioned before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv6rtWyN3B0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:23 pm

This is my third draft. Changed some things in the beginning and towards the end. Couldnt pull off the different KITT looks such as from Custom KITT or Slammin Sammy's becuase I wanted to focus on the things that have already come with KITT. Things that are built into the car, not things to be used for one time and never be used again. Opinions on this one...?
http://youtu.be/jdrtIqcDzhE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:06 pm

Love how you used that line Devon introducing Michael to the Knight 2000.I should have thought of that for the begining.By the section under indestructable car,maybe add the quick clip of Devon hammering the hood of kitt in the pilot.Another audio line that could be used in Junk Yard Dog could be when Michael says the line "kitt is the world's greatest automobile" when you flash the line the world's most fantastic car or the audio loine used in the pilot from when they are on the jet at the end where Michael says world's most fantastic car.Even though we have never seen it on screen,the passive laser restraint dash screen may be useful from season 3 to show that Michael uses a safety feature (laser seat belt).GPS navigations creen from season 3 would be cool to include that.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:42 pm

Cool progress with the project :) Devon hammering KITT & Michael saying "There's no mark on it!" would indeed be great addition to demonstrate KITT's indesctructable body.
Maybe KITT's mobile communication capabilities might be good addition as well, a clip of Michael calling to Devon or vice versa and Michael using the comlink to communicate with KITT which seems to be the latest real world trend with smartphones ;)
There's also long list of other KITT features like license plate altering, seat ejector, oxygen vent, etc. which might be useful but also add length to the video, maybe too much?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:06 pm

I mentioned under the accessories portion he could show off the comn link wrist watch function to alert him when burglars are trying to break into kitt.There's 1 scene in Custom Made Killers where he does that and I also believe there's another good scene to use in Knight Moves.Sid from Hills of fire can be a satelite drone function.Another accessory would be the audio surveilance unit when Michael used in Knight Racer

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:37 am

Guys these are all wonderful ideas and i would love to do them all. I especially like the idea of showing Devon hitting the hood of the car and showing that it doesnt do anything. But all of these ideas would require alot of editing and stuff and ive done alot of work with this thing already and the due date's coming up and i just dont think it's absolutely necessary at the moment. Although i probably is gonna bother me, cuz i do really like your ideas and i think they would improve the video, but it also might be a little too much. I'll be sure to mention things like the ejection seats and the laser seat belts and such in my verbal presentation. Thank you for all your feedback it has helped make my video better and hopefull i'll get a better grade :)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:47 am

Hope you get a good grade on it.If you get anything under an A+ then we'll know your teacher wasn't a fan of knight rider or cool cars :lol: .Seriously though,I'd like to hear back what you get on it.Please keep us updated.Whenver I rewatch the series I feel that the modified car could stand the test of time and can hold its own against newer generation car designs.

DarylKnight
Rookie

Post by DarylKnight » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:24 am

The changes came out perfectly! It has a stronger Knight Industries/KITT vibe now, and using Devon as the "voice over" was actually a great touch. It gave that more authentic dealer/commercial video, and now I think it's falling perfectly into place. :good:
I too would like to know how you fair with your grades, and I think with this as your base, any changes or additions you decide will be great improvements! Good luck!

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:50 am

I do think I might do a couple changes with the video. Just a few minor things. My teacher just told me it's due next Friday. Hope she likes it :) I will definitely let you all know what grade I get on the final project. I got a 40/42 on the written part. I'll post pictures of it If you all want to know what I said about KITT or whatever :/ And if I do modify the video in any way, I'll post the final version for you all to see. Thanks again, for your input on this whole thing :)

I'm also wondering if I should make a powerpoint kind of showing the history of KITT and to like explain his features and stuff while I talk about them and have visuals. I'm also gonna bring in my Diamond Select 1:18 model so people can see him up close and personal.

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:45 am

This is the final version of my video. Didnt get to show the whole thing, cuz my teacher was like "it's too long." I had to stop it after the part with the grappling hook. One of the kids in my class was like, "You lyin." I wasnt able to show him that I wasnt. And then on the evaluation sheets, some people wrote "Imaginary." or "fake" or whatever. Well, my teacher didnt say it had to be a REAL product. Anyway, yeah. This is the final video that I spent two weeks making and didnt get to show all of it. I ended up taking my 1:43 scale Hotwheels Elite model of KITT that I bought at the Autorama. They liked that I had a model. Still dont know the grade I got yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT9zL_6H-4M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT_Vs._KARR
Operative

Post by KITT_Vs._KARR » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:29 pm

Wow, you did a great job! If I were your teacher I'd give you an A++ for that!
There is the best, then the Rest!

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:08 am

Guys, I got an A on my presentation!!! 96%! :kitt:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:37 am

What?!?!?!? No A+? We'll have to have Kitt hack into the teachers bank account and show them what a "±" is really worth.

knightroto
Volunteer

Post by knightroto » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Nice work TurboBoostMan! i'd buy it if it were real... well i have a replica...