Your KR guilty pleasures

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

chin-up-27
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Your KR guilty pleasures

Post by chin-up-27 » Sun May 26, 2013 8:20 am

It's Knight Rider, and no KR is bad, but which episodes do you enjoy or watch frequently/have in your top episodes that are generally disliked or considered bad episodes or that never appear in many posters top episodes?

I quite liked KittNap from season 4.

I didn't think Voodoo Knight was as bad as people say, it is more based on frustration that it was the last syndicated episode when really the best episode of season 4 was Scent Of Roses. If you watched KR episodes out of order I don't think Voodoo Knight would stand out as being much worse than most of season 4. If that episode was in the middle of season 4 it wouldn't have got neally as much criticism.

I really liked Knight in retreat from season 3. It was a bit quirky having the female villains but it worked really well.

I thought Knightlines was one of the very best episodes, a long with KMK and knight of Chamellion. Season 3 was the best overall quality I think.

The 19th hole was another great episode thats often overlooked. Sure the mob stuff was a bit corny, but not as bad as the Halloween Knight corniness, and yet both were still great episodes.

I think the most under rated episode is actually Diamonds arent a girls best friend. Really good quality episode.

And of course I really enjoyed mouth of the snake. No idea why so people hate that episode, I thought it was quite brilliant. Superb soundtrack. It was right in the middle of the shows peak too. KITT vs a rocket launcher, what could be better?

What are some episodes you guys enjoyed a lot but never hear mentioned often here, or in any of the greatest episode threads/polls?
I don't think the show had much if any truely bad episodes. I thought the one where KITT drove on water just didn't work though.

My vote for most over rated episode probably would go to a good knights work.

Clare82
Rookie

Re: Your KR guilty pleasures

Post by Clare82 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:59 am

Nice topic idea! :)

I really liked Mouth of the Snake and I don't really get why is is disliked by a lot of people. I thought that Charles Taylor was a great actor and David Dalton was a brilliant character. I liked how he was like Michael but more silent and mysterious. And his abilities were amazing!! By half way through I was actually more interested in seeing David Dalton than Michael and KITT (partly because Dalton had most of the storyline though)! ;)

I also thought that Voodoo Knight was brilliant. I had no idea that it was badly received! :o
I thought it was a really funny episode and I liked that it ended the series on a good note rather than having Michael leave the Foundation or something. The banter between Michael and RC was funny too :)

Diamonds Aren't a Girl's Best Friend is one of my favourites :) It had some hilarious lines in it like when KITT is discussing his fear of flying and when Michael gets stuck in the closet :D

My favourite episode would have to be Brother's Keeper from season 2. I just love everything about it-the jail break, Devon sticking up for Michael, proving a convicted mans innocence, Michael and KITT as fugitives, the continuing gag of "Nobody's driving!", all while the clock is ticking and time is running out to find the bomb! 80s brilliance!!! :mrgreen: :D
"One man can make a difference"

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by whet » Mon May 27, 2013 12:21 pm

A lot of people don't like "Big Iron" but I think this is a very good episode, A lot of human emotion in this episode, quite funny how Kitt don't really get what human feelings are all about, as he can't analyse human emotions..

Problem most people have with "Mouth of the snake" is the Lack of Michael and Kitt, obvious just an attempt to launch a Knight Rider Spin off at the time called Code of vengeance..

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon May 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Big Iron must be my guilty pleasure then :D
I like that episode because my dad worked using those Cat bulldozers at the time so knowing the big size and strong structure of the construction equipment it was interesting to see how KITT managed with them :D

chin-up-27
Recruit

Post by chin-up-27 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:24 pm

Clare82 wrote:Nice topic idea! :)

My favourite episode would have to be Brother's Keeper from season 2. I just love everything about it-the jail break, Devon sticking up for Michael, proving a convicted mans innocence, Michael and KITT as fugitives, the continuing gag of "Nobody's driving!", all while the clock is ticking and time is running out to find the bomb! 80s brilliance!!! :mrgreen: :D
I too really liked Brothers Keeper. Forgot about that one.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:08 am

I always go with Not a Drop to Drink. Overall, it's not a great episode, or even a very good one. But it has one of my all-time favorite stunts: KITT goes into ski mode from a stopped position and drives backwards between two earth movers.

Unfortunately the pacing of the scene is broken up by a commercial break, but it's just such a cool and unique idea that it carries the entire episode for me.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Clare82
Rookie

Post by Clare82 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:56 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:I always go with Not a Drop to Drink. Overall, it's not a great episode, or even a very good one. But it has one of my all-time favorite stunts: KITT goes into ski mode from a stopped position and drives backwards between two earth movers.

Unfortunately the pacing of the scene is broken up by a commercial break, but it's just such a cool and unique idea that it carries the entire episode for me.
I liked that stunt too :D
I thought Not a Drop to Drink was a good episode...i'm not sure why it isn't very liked by a lot of people :?
"One man can make a difference"

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:18 am

Clare82 wrote:I really liked Mouth of the Snake and I don't really get why is is disliked by a lot of people. I thought that Charles Taylor was a great actor and David Dalton was a brilliant character. I liked how he was like Michael but more silent and mysterious. And his abilities were amazing!! By half way through I was actually more interested in seeing David Dalton than Michael and KITT (partly because Dalton had most of the storyline though)! ;)
'Mouth of the Snake' has grown on me over time, although it's more Dalton's story than Michael or K.I.T.T.'s.
Clare82 wrote:My favourite episode would have to be Brother's Keeper from season 2. I just love everything about it-the jail break, Devon sticking up for Michael, proving a convicted mans innocence, Michael and KITT as fugitives, the continuing gag of "Nobody's driving!", all while the clock is ticking and time is running out to find the bomb! 80s brilliance!!! :mrgreen: :D
'Brother's Keeper' is one of my all-time favourites, I think it's an example of the show firing on all cylinders, and is near-perfect. I would have liked to see more episodes like this, and 'Big Iron', where Michael is more of a detective - later on it became just too easy for him to ask something of K.I.T.T., and for K.I.T.T. or a Foundation computer to have a ready answer.

Some other underrated/lesser shows I really like are 'Short Notice', 'Knight Behind Bars,' and 'White-Line Warriors'.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;